Windwalker 02-Apr-18
Shoe 02-Apr-18
Eric B. 03-Apr-18
Eric B. 03-Apr-18
Fuzzy 04-Apr-18
spikebow 04-Apr-18
4406v 05-Apr-18
29-Mar-18
My first buck with a stickbow. That was a rush. Grunted him in, off a rub-line in mid-Oct., to five yards.

No pictures. Rarely ever take pictures. Still yet, it’s burned in my memory bank.

29-Mar-18

NoWiser's embedded Photo
NoWiser's embedded Photo
Crappy picture, but the chance to spend a week in the Gila with my dad in 2014 is my biggest success. No elk were harmed during the trip, but I think about it almost every single day. The memories from that trip are better than any animal I've ever killed in my life.

29-Mar-18

Bigdan's embedded Photo
0pening day Arizona
Bigdan's embedded Photo
0pening day Arizona
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Nevada 3 days
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Nevada 3 days
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Montana Two days
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Montana Two days
my 2005 elk season first drawing Arizona and Nevada elk tags and my Montana breaks tag and filling them all in 6 days of hunting not counting travel time

29-Mar-18

AaronShort's embedded Photo
AaronShort's embedded Photo
Getting to be part of my daughters' first deer is the top of my list. Both got it done with a bow at the ages of 9 and 10 on the same day. During the hay day of Kansas big buck hunting I was fortunate enough to take some really nice deer but on 9/11/16 that day trumps any deer on my wall.

29-Mar-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
That's easy. First elk. A hunt everyone dreams of....a close encounter with a screaming, pissing, tree raking herd bull that ends with a 20 yard frontal shot and watching him fall in sight. Solo, DIY, public land.

29-Mar-18
Each of my boys first deer. Still waiting for Katie's first.

29-Mar-18
I'd killed plenty of whitetails in Kansas from a tree stand growing up, but I thought killing one on a still hunt was impossible. I had tried many times and failed. Last year, archery season, I missed a really tough shot on a 9-point whitetail, and watched him run off about 200 yards through the woods, where he bedded down. Apparently he was comfortable with the area and didn't know what had happened, so he didn't leave. It was the last day of the season so I thought I might as well give it a try. I climbed out of my stand, and over the next two hours, belly-crawled to within 50 yards of him. When he turned his head, I drew and purposely bumped the tree in front of me at the same time. He heard the bump and stood up, giving me an easy 50 yard broadside shot. First and only time I've ever killed a whitetail still-hunting, and that hunt goes to the top of the list for excitement and degree of difficulty.

29-Mar-18

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
Have to say it was my first big muley, while hunting with my Dad. I was unsure of the hit, so it was a nail-biter. We opted not to try to bloodtrail him after dark.

After a sleepless night, we found him, 100 yards from the shot. One of the best hunts with my Dad, for sure.

29-Mar-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
1978 - my first big game with a bow

29-Mar-18
When my wife shot a really nice 8pt whitetail, she was previously a non hunter. Now I'm waiting on the grandkids. Success from my view point is being blessed and healthy enough to get out to enjoy God's creation.

29-Mar-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
At the moment...This ... because what you do FOR Bowhunting is much more important than what you do WHILE Bowhunting

29-Mar-18
Mines still to come....

29-Mar-18

KSBOW's embedded Photo
I know not a regular bow, but that is still to come. Almost 14 and she still likes being in the blind with her Dad!
KSBOW's embedded Photo
I know not a regular bow, but that is still to come. Almost 14 and she still likes being in the blind with her Dad!
KSBOW's embedded Photo
Brother could not be outdone!
KSBOW's embedded Photo
Brother could not be outdone!

29-Mar-18
No one thing comes to mind. Killed my share of critters but all the other experiences seem to rank higher. Backpacking in with friends, seeing caribou, grizzlies and wolves in fairly wild country, quiet mornings in a fall treestand, watching nature when animals don't know you are there.

29-Mar-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
This is an easy one for me. Putting a bow in her hand.

29-Mar-18

grossklw's embedded Photo
grossklw's embedded Photo
Easy, 2016 DIY Wyoming elk coming from the midwest. I've killed a couple nice whitetails but nothing compares to this guy.

29-Mar-18
I have a lot of awesome memories and experiences bowhunting. Africa with my dad was really special, an extreme CCBG Caribou hunt that we both killed big bulls, completing my archery Super Ten, Colorado Nine. But what is most successful to me is the memories hunting with my dad, friends and my kids. The different animals, horn or trophy size that is really kind of irrelevant after a point. It becomes sort of like collecting.

I've sat with my daughter and watched her arrow Mule Deer bucks, been with my dad and chased 3 times by a pissed off Huge Bull Moose after I arrowed his cow he was breeding. Guiding hunters is also pretty rewarding, especially first timer's, women and kids- Taking some big trophy animals off private sanctuary type hunts isn't really as rewarding or challenging though as stuff you really have to work your tail off for.

29-Mar-18

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
Obviously the last hunt is always fresh in our mind. In January I hunted Coues Deer and Javelina with two friends that guide for a living but this was just the three of us having a great time. We had a blast- the First morning Dan and I stalked into a big herd of Javelina and I shot mine head on at about 6 yards- then he started calling, arrowed his, but then the entire herd of 30-40 started bomb diving on top of us, a few I nearly had to kick at to keep them off of me. All bristled and puffed up squeeling and snapping to defend their group, I'd just shot the First Javelina I'd ever seen up close- it was really special.

29-Mar-18
First muley with a bow. 1974, 40# Wing recurve target bow, Bear Razorhead on the end of an Easton Gamegetter. I was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt. Still have the arrow, but regretfully never took a photo..

29-Mar-18

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
For me, it's hands down my first nice muley with a bow. Happened waaaay back in November of 2017.

29-Mar-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Ever since I was old enough to read hunting stories (always liked Russell Annabel’s stuff in Sports Afield), a big moose has always been at the very top of my list, and since I started Bowhunting, ever more so. Everything about this hunt was epic, in my eyes.

29-Mar-18
First whitetail yearling doe with a bow at age 13 on public land. Maybe weighed 60lbs but felt like 200 by the time I got her dragged to the truck. Will never forget it.

29-Mar-18

Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
My archery Bighorn was my top success. Went through an awful lot to get him, but it was well worth it.

29-Mar-18
Meeting you Scoot...no wait that's my biggest LIFE achievement!!

29-Mar-18

Treeline's embedded Photo
My 2012 hunt in NWT was my biggest bow hunting success. Was able to get a book Mountain caribou and Dall sheep with my longbow.

29-Mar-18
Mine was in 1994 when I took my son out of school for 2 weeks to elk hunt then on the 5th day watching him shoot a 6pt . Lots of great hunts and at 63 my memories are of who I was with. Greg

29-Mar-18

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
gotta be my Canadian moose

29-Mar-18
Teaching my son how to shoot a bow, and taking him deer hunting with me.

For nearly 45 years he has been my #1 hunting partner.

:^}

29-Mar-18
I’d say my ‘87 NW CO elk taken on the 26th day hunting them that year, my ‘84 CO bighorn, the ‘91 NV Desert Bighorn, ‘14 BC grizzly and ‘16 BC Stone. All were hard won and really appreciated due to effort expended. If only one, the big NW CO elk would be most memorable, but not by much!

29-Mar-18
Gosh Scott.........I have been kicking this around since I saw your post this morning......I can't pick one! My first buck with my Dad there, my first archery buck, my first elk, my first archery elk, my solo CO archery mule deer, my sons first archery deer, my daughters first deer..........

But I am curious........what is YOURS?

29-Mar-18
probably my first deer with a longbow, 11 point KS buck, 125" or so

that or my big Colorado pronghorn simply because of how few there were in the unit, how hard to get the tag and luck to get him

29-Mar-18

patience2spare's embedded Photo
patience2spare's embedded Photo
My first out of state hunt - 2009 in WY. Killed this pronghorn buck DIY with my Dad in the blind next to me. That was 25yrs after he taught me to shoot a bow. Wish that we had started taking trips west long before we did, but SO thankful for the memories we've made here in Indiana and together and on a few other trips West!

29-Mar-18
My dad introduced me to bow hunting at age 12. Whitetails in Mn. It was all about spending time in the woods together. He loved watching the Gods creation come alive! For years i begged him to come on an otc bow hunt for elk. His response was always, I would love to go but I would rather spend the money on your mother. I gave him the trip as a Christmas gift and told him No wasnt an option. We had a Great time in Colorado! I killed a bull then spent the rest of the week in a blind with him. Had a s pop like at 10 yds for 15 minuetes. He looked at me and said it was the coolest thing he saw while now hunting. 2 weeks after we got back, he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away. By far the most Successful and Memorable time in the field ever. I look at the picture of us on the wheeler with the bulls rack all the time!

29-Mar-18

Ranger rick 's embedded Photo
Ranger rick 's embedded Photo

29-Mar-18
My biggest bowhunting success certainly was not killing a single animal, but just might be that I got back into it at about 38 years old after not bowhunting for several years.

29-Mar-18
Supposed to say a spike at 10yds!

29-Mar-18
Ranger Rick for the win! I can't imagine how special that was for both of you. What a fine memory! I've had some great successes over the years but would trade them all for one like that.

29-Mar-18

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo
Tough call....but I would have to say my 2015 Wyoming bull elk. My biggest bull to date. One good arrow put him on the ground within seconds a few mere feet from the point of impact. He never knew what hit him.

29-Mar-18

Forest bows's embedded Photo
They died 15' apart.

29-Mar-18

30-Mar-18

TXHunter's embedded Photo
TXHunter's embedded Photo
My first doe in east TX at age 15. Almost nobody bowhunted back then in that area of Texas. My Dad was both amazed and proud. I’ll never forget it.

Big-animal wise this WY shiras in 2005.

30-Mar-18
Tough call for me. #1: My favorite archery would be a the night my wife shot her first deer and I shot a good buck five minutes apart. She was a non-hunter before we met. Others: My 2017 P and Y chocolate black bear with my best buddy Chris at Pine Acres, we've been friends and hunted together since 1983. "He used to call me "missed again" lol. My first archery kill a doe 1979, my first buck I grunted in-on the ground, first bear with Chris, "finally". My buck I shot on a still hunt push with my son along. These may all change when my grand-kids kill their first with a bow.

30-Mar-18
Mine would have to be a nice 9 point with my longbow at 15 yards, dropped within 50 yards, text book.

30-Mar-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
Since I started in 1956 I have many great moments, kills & adventures. Those with family & friends enjoyed the most. I guess it's the fact I have no idea how many kids & adults I have introduced to an awesome sport be it targets or hunting. I have 8 family members that share my passion..

30-Mar-18

cbfromnd's embedded Photo
being able to have both of my kids by my side while choot,n couple whitetails... My boy was in a stand not far from me when I was able to grunt this buck into our set up, He was under his stand for a bit but was busted towards me when boy drew. The deer with my daughter was shot off the ground as her and I were scouting for her upcoming youth tag, needless to say I was accused in both cases of robbing "their" deer... These will be talked about at the hunting shack for years to come.

30-Mar-18

Here is the other... thought I had both on same post.

30-Mar-18

JSW's embedded Photo
JSW's embedded Photo
My best whitetail is still my favorite.

31-Mar-18
have never succumbed to gravity and hurt myself falling out of a treestand. if you can't say that then it was probably your biggest fail.

31-Mar-18

M.Pauls's embedded Photo
M.Pauls's embedded Photo
Mine was killing this buck. He grossed over 200 and netted 195 5/8 so not quite a 200”er. I would love to find another 200” deer to chase again in my lifetime.

31-Mar-18

scndwfstlhntng's embedded Photo
scndwfstlhntng's embedded Photo
It took me 15 years to do this, and not mounted over my desk to see every day.

31-Mar-18
NOW

31-Mar-18

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
The night I was presented with this

31-Mar-18
Trips with my dad - we have taken a lot and had a lot of fun. My two favorites were 2 P&Y white tails out of the same tree in a 24 hour period on a DIY hunt in MO and two P&Y bull elk out of the same tree in a 24 hour period in AZ on a DIY hunt. Both times he shot the second animal and both times they were bigger! I watched him shoot his bull from a 1/4 mile away that eve through my binos.

Lee

31-Mar-18
Like Ahunter55 my biggest successes come when one of my former students shows up at my door with their first animal.

31-Mar-18

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
So many great memories from my hunt on the Tundra with some very good people. The scenery was spectacular, the hunt was amazing.

31-Mar-18
There's an awful lot of good memories here !

Brotsky, every time I see your little girl's smile it makes me smile.

31-Mar-18
Enjoying hunting with a bow for 59 years (and counting).

31-Mar-18

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
2, first is this AZ bull

31-Mar-18

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
2nd, is bowhunter of year award for getting enhanced penalties for trophy Deer passed in WV Legislature

31-Mar-18
Seeing my son and wife become successful bow hunters.

31-Mar-18
Matt Pauls, Congrats on a SUPER buck! Wow, what a critter!

31-Mar-18
Mine are watching both my girls get their first deer, getting my first elk and my first deer (doe shotgun) and second deer (bow 6 point) all public land

01-Apr-18
Mine was when my son shot a cow Elk and he searched but couldn’t find blood or tracks . So we went looking and I ended up finding 5 drops of blood before the rain and darkness got us. We decided to come back in the morning and I didn’t sleep much that night hoping and praying we would find his first big game animal. In the morning we found her pretty quick.

01-Apr-18

fred's embedded Photo
fred's embedded Photo
fred's embedded Photo
The best most distinctive animal I have taken
fred's embedded Photo
The best most distinctive animal I have taken
My best as a hunter and smallest animal I have taken. Still hunted recurve coues. And my highest scoring trophy. Spot and stalked antelope.

01-Apr-18

joehunter's embedded Photo
joehunter's embedded Photo
Solo DIY Colorado 2011 - 8th day of the hunt. Bull was down in 30 yards!

02-Apr-18
Pretty good legacy right there, scoot! Good on you.

I’m impressed by Ryan’s concentration in the second pic, too. That’s not easy to do when you you have an arrow sticking out of your foot! ;^}

02-Apr-18
Awesome success, Scoot! Congratulations!

02-Apr-18

KyleSS's embedded Photo
KyleSS's embedded Photo
Sharing moments like this with my 75 year old grandfather. He is the one who taught me how to hunt and pushed me to my limits. As he ages I am now the one that pushes him to his limits and keeps him young and in the field.

02-Apr-18

KyleSS's embedded Photo
KyleSS's embedded Photo
And being there with my girlfriend (now wife) when she shot her very first animal (that happened to be a white tail bigger than my biggest at the time). Sharing time in the field with loved ones has to be my biggest accomplishment in hunting. Soon my son will join us in this world (May 7th ish) and in a few years I will start taking him to the field and make memories with him

02-Apr-18

02-Apr-18

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Getting my wife involved in hunting a little over 12 years ago. That would be tops. I'll never forget getting that text... "I shot one". This photo is from 2005 just as I walked up to her stand. She's killed around a dozen deer now. Btw... she was shaking like crazy in the photo. :)

02-Apr-18

Stycks's embedded Photo
Stycks's embedded Photo
Going to Africa, a dream of mine since I was 6 years old when I watched Fred Bear.

02-Apr-18

pointingdogs's embedded Photo
Leah's Antelope
Leah's Antelope
Two items: 1: Spot and stalk antelope in Wyoming. Did it on my own, knowing very little and going to a place that I had never been before. 2: Taking Leah "the daughter I never had" on an Antelope hunt to Wyoming. Kids are amazing :)

02-Apr-18
I would have to say seeing the transition from being a wet behind the ears, enthusiastic hunter to the slower paced more cerebral, experienced hunter that I am today. The trip has been enlightening!!

02-Apr-18

Windwalker's embedded Photo
Windwalker's embedded Photo
Took this 20 inch bear in 2014. Of the 23 bowhunting trophies I have this one tops the list for me. I had been on three prior trips attempting to take a 20 inch bear and finally this guy came in on the 1st day of a 6 day hunt. I had only hunted 3 hours. One of my friends posted the hunt on U-tube under Big blonde bear shot down with arrow.

02-Apr-18
Introducing bowhunting to my son, and being blessed with seeing him do the same with his son. Living to be a part of his bowhunting accomplishments and his being a part of mine. And also my falling 20 feet from a tree stand, and my getting up and walking away and living to tell about it as well as still being able to hunt. I am thankful everyday.

03-Apr-18

Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Montana ram . 1992

03-Apr-18

Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Eric B.'s embedded Photo

04-Apr-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Biggest lifetime bowhunting success would be fostering an interest in bowhunting, and teaching bowhunting skills and ethics to my son.

04-Apr-18

spikebow's embedded Photo
spikebow's embedded Photo
I'd have to say my first elk.

05-Apr-18

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo
The realization of a 35 year dream.

• Sitka Gear