Shoots-Straight 03-Apr-18
Ursman 03-Apr-18
dickbird 03-Apr-18
Bullhound 03-Apr-18
WapitiBob 03-Apr-18
Cheesehead Mike 03-Apr-18
NoWiser 03-Apr-18
03-Apr-18
Received an email from the National trappers association yesterday about delisting wolves in the Midwest. The link takes you to big game forever. I cannot post the link, can someone post a link here. This is a great chance to help out.

03-Apr-18
I am not joining anything linked to Don peay or sfw

03-Apr-18
Giving money to Big Game Forever isn't going to provide any help with wolf delisting.

03-Apr-18
BGF is a greater danger to hunting than wolves ever will be. It will be a cold day in **** before they ever see a penny of mine.

While I'd love to see wolves delisted in the Midwest, their effect on deer populations are mostly exaggerated.

I'd like to add that I would be VERY leery of giving any money to an organization that associates with BGF.

03-Apr-18
SFW, and BGF are basically the same people. It's a scam to get money. The Wolf is their cash cow. They tried to derail the wolf delisting in the Rockies because of that.

03-Apr-18
Not aware of a problem with BGF. Can someone fill me in?

03-Apr-18
I wasn't talking about joining bgf, it is an email that they have put together that gets sent out to the politicians in the states involved. I agree about not wanting them in the first place. At least this would be a start, more than we have now.

03-Apr-18
""SFW, and BGF are basically the same people. It's a scam to get money. The Wolf is their cash cow. They tried to derail the wolf delisting in the Rockies because of that.""

True. These guys are absolutely no good for the average hunter.

03-Apr-18
Send me $100 and I'll get the emails going too.

03-Apr-18
NoWiser,

"While I'd love to see wolves delisted in the Midwest, their effect on deer populations are mostly exaggerated"

That's total BS for northern Wisconsin where I hunted for years but had to give up due to the deer herd being decimated.

03-Apr-18
I hunt National Forest land about midway between Duluth and Ely, MN, in an area with some of the highest densities of wolves in the state. After a bad winter or two the deer can be tough to come by. After a couple of mild winters, they bounce back. The camp next to us claims wolves ate all the deer. I still see them, even in though tough years. I've even seen wolves and deer at the same time from the stand. The deer bedded down and 5 minutes after the wolf left, she stood back up and got back to feeding as if nothing happened. No doubt wolves negatively affect deer numbers, I just don't believe to the extent most claim. I'd take a bunch of wolves over a severe winter any day.

• Sitka Gear