TD 23-Apr-18
Ben 24-Apr-18
HEAD DOCTOR 25-Apr-18
HEAD DOCTOR 26-Apr-18
TrapperKayak 26-Apr-18
midwest 26-Apr-18
Bohunr 26-Apr-18
17-Apr-18
Just got a Jennings t-star and expecting a split - t coming.I've always had a soft spot for the old Jennings.smooth drawing and quiet and good speed.anybody still using the old Jennings,thanks,dan

17-Apr-18
Yep, I have a few, finger bows that I cant shoot much anymore. Glad to see the old school still rockin!

17-Apr-18
I don’t have it anymore, but this thread sure brings back memories. The first bow I bought was a Jennings T-star Express back in 1985.

17-Apr-18
Pearson used to be a big name as well.

I still have a PSE Fireflite and Stratoflite Express.

17-Apr-18
My first compound back in the seventies was a Jennings Model T. Sure liked it, what a difference...from a recurve to a compound!

17-Apr-18
I bought my Jennings T2 Hunter with my Paper Route money, back in the Mid 70s. Killed my first buck with it in 1977.

Loved that bow!

17-Apr-18
I bought an Arrowstar (I think) in 1970. Later I had a Model T that I really liked for it's simplicity but it blew up on me. Those Jennings were great hunting bows for the times..........badbull

18-Apr-18
Hunted with a Buckmaster for 13 years. Solid equipment for sure as it got put through the ringer.

18-Apr-18
I started out with Jennings Arrowstar 2 in the mid 80's. Killed my first deer with it in 1988. Good times!

18-Apr-18
First bow kill was with a Jennings Forked Lightning Thank god I don't have to shoot that thing any more. But it got the job done.

18-Apr-18
Boatman that Forked Lightning was BA! I never owned one but it looked raw and wicked! My buddy and his bro had one.

18-Apr-18
Sure brings back memories doesn't it! Bought it for $35 set up with arrows back in the early 90's and my archery career was launched! It was a nock buster out to 25 yards, just a bear to shoot with very little let off and dinky little wheels.

18-Apr-18
I've still got the Jennings lightning I killed my first deer with. Still shoots. Mine wasn't the forked version like Boatman had. Mine was the hanger version. Think it cost like $79 out of Bowhunters Warehouse. Maybe circa 1980 or 81. Funny thing is, the draw length is about perfect for me now and I got it when I was 13.

18-Apr-18
My buddy has one he uses it for a boat anchor.

18-Apr-18
My first bow and kill were with a Forked Lightning also. Didn't know cr@p about bows. Draw length was set too long and my broadheads would hit the front of the riser, so I had to short draw it slightly!

18-Apr-18
That's classic Z!

18-Apr-18
Cut my bowhunting teeth on an old, used Jennings Unistar. Like Z's, it wasn't anywhere near set up correctly, even from the "pro" shop I took it too.

18-Apr-18
Had a 1979 Arrowstar 4 wheeler. Wish I still had it.

I have a Model T with wheel brackets. The wood limbs blew, so I made some out of Ford truck leaf springs. She pulls 130# now and weighs 12#.

18-Apr-18
Started with a Jennings Micro Carbon Extreme then went to a Jennings Air Master.....Killed my first deer with the Micro Carbon extreme (with a beam carbon arrow and 57 grain rocket expandable no less haha ) and killed my first elk with the Air Master......still have them both but they just hang on the wall now.....

18-Apr-18
I had two Jennings Super T's, one blew up at full draw and on the second the top limb broke at the wheel bracket. Also had an Aerostar that I killed my first to deer with.

18-Apr-18
Forked Lightning and Gale Fore were my go to bows for many a year

18-Apr-18
I have a pair of Arrowstars in the basement. One was for hunting and one for target. Great bows at the time. I have no desire to shoot them now. Almost traded the hunting bow for a package of broadheads but the guy backed out.

18-Apr-18
You guys have the new ones. My first and only Jennings was an S-Handle,

18-Apr-18
I shot a PSE FireFlite for a while, a short while. It was 90#s and I was shooting a 2114 out of it. It lasted all of about 100 shots and blew up. I had no clue I should not be shooting such a light arrow out of hat bow. I still have my first compound. A Bear Whitetail with the 4 wheels on it the two coming off the riser could be moved to adjust poundage! Killed my one of my first deer with it in 1977. I still shoot it now and then! Shawn

18-Apr-18
Ah the good ole days, no bow press needed to change strings and for the most part cables. And finger shootable. I had a PSE Citation in the 70's.

18-Apr-18
Man glad you old schoolers are still out there.I'm trying to find a Jennings ace in the hole quiver .you guys know what I'm after.old Jennings still get it done.

18-Apr-18
Remember in 73 a gent came into B&S Archery Shop, Evansdale, Ia. with a Jennings and he let me try it and after a shot I looked at him and said why and just shook my head and went back to my Pearson Pony and never thought of the impact that machine would make.

18-Apr-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
Sold a ton of Jennings from my shop/lanes back then. Jennings, PSE, Darton, Hoyt, Carroll, Bear & Pearson were my main lines. Jennings & PSE were the most sought in our area. I took this Muley Doe with a Jennings W way back then.

19-Apr-18
I started compounds with a Jennings Model T. Replaces that with a Jennings Model S. Then got a PSE Laser Magnum. Still have that one!

But, it languishes in the cellar. Might get drawn once a year, just because. I've moved on through Hoyts, Matthews, a Ross, etc. Now I have a 2017 Hoyt Carbon. All is good in the world! :)

19-Apr-18
BoxCall, I have a used Ace-In the Hole quiver and live in Ohio, west of Cleveland. Do you want it?

19-Apr-18
A buddy of mine bought the carbon extreme back when they were first introduced. My god what a beast that thing was.

19-Apr-18
The split t came in the mail today.getting it all set up ready for the old rattle can camo.its going to the woods after turkeys.

22-Apr-18
Still have my shooting star. I have a sonic, which is a post bear archery merge model. Got it signed by Tom Jennings at the Bowhunter Happening in AZ

23-Apr-18

stagetek's embedded Photo
stagetek's embedded Photo
Here are some oldies. I shot more game with that AeroStar than all my other bows combined.

23-Apr-18
Cool thread. I'm setting up a Buckmaster 2000 (that's the ONLY marking on it I seem to find) for a friend. I have references in my research to both Jennings Buckmaster and Bear Buckmaster. Only specs I could find came from the Bear website. Seems to be a fairly smooth (and likely slow) bow. Big ol' fat wood grip, solo-cam, split limbs, good shape. He's excited to start shooting it.

24-Apr-18
I have a Model "T" that really liked then, I got a used Jennings Master Hunter. Sold the Master Hunter along time ago. Then a couple years ago pickup up an Arrowstar that is the same bow as the Master Hunter. I knew the MH was heavy but, had forgotten how heavy they were. Wow, you almost need a tripod to shoot it! LOL

25-Apr-18

HEAD DOCTOR's embedded Photo
The String has had it but I plan on getting a new one. It shot 287 FPS with a 26 inch 2213 and a 75 grain Vortex.
The String has had it but I plan on getting a new one. It shot 287 FPS with a 26 inch 2213 and a 75 grain Vortex.
Here are a few photo's of a Jennings that was given to me by Tom Jennings. He used to come out and hunt with Steven Ward and I back in the day. From what He told me it was his Design. It was a the center of a cross bow with carbon extreme limbs and cams. The engineering Dept. at the then I believe Bear/Jennings said the grip was not strong enough and it was never put into production that I know of. Anyone have any more info. or suggestions of where to get more info?

26-Apr-18

Another picture of the same bow
Another picture of the same bow

26-Apr-18
My best friend and hunting buddy bought a Jennings Sidekick back around the high school days in '72 or '73, and we were out hunting (I had my Dad's 45# Tigercat) deer up near Peterboro, NY sometime in late Oct '73. I didn't see any bucks, but when we got back together, he said he had just shot under a big 10 buck with that new CP. I wished I'd seen it. We chased that buck all season after that, and got close but I never got a shot. I stuck with the stickbows, until about '79 when I bought a Proline, but never liked it and went back to recurves.

26-Apr-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
1983....my first bow, a used Forked Lightning, and my first big game animal.

26-Apr-18
Still have my Jennings woody, bought it back in 1974 from my 4H archery instructor. But really have a soft spot in my heart for my PSE laser mag purchased back in 1982. Sure made some incredible shots with that bow.

• Sitka Gear