trkyslr 07-May-18
DL 07-May-18
TheTone 07-May-18
Surfbow 07-May-18
leftee 08-May-18
19-Apr-18

elkstabber's embedded Photo
elkstabber's embedded Photo
If you already own everything that KUIU sells now is your chance to put some KUIU in your fridge. That's right. Soon you too can buy KUIU beer.

19-Apr-18
Can’t wait !!

I’ll be able to run faster.... jump higher.... and hunt longer.

19-Apr-18
I plan on getting some to celebrate with this fall on the mountain. Only Kuiu could get a 16 oz beer to pack down to 2 oz. Bahahaha!

19-Apr-18
Can you drink it propelling out of a helicopter onto a mountain stickbow in hand?

I have no use for anything kuiu .....

19-Apr-18
Somebody needs to send this to @T_S_.D.

19-Apr-18
I wonder if it would make me bald.

19-Apr-18
Has anyone seen my beer?

19-Apr-18
Hold my beer.........

19-Apr-18
No thanks, I really dislike IPA, overhopped trash beer. I like balanced, beer flavored beer. I also brew my own. I wonder if their beer will be as expensive as their clothing. I would try the Stout for less than $10 a six pack, but I'm thinking it will be a bit more.

19-Apr-18
Probably gonna charge by the ounce

19-Apr-18
so much hate......

19-Apr-18
I like a 16oz can in normal beer. What size KUIU can should I get?

19-Apr-18
I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with the Grain Belt.

19-Apr-18
Nice!

19-Apr-18
Don, you would need 2xl if you like an Athletic fit. 3xl if you want a regular fit. They are both on backorder till 2019. Preorder now.

19-Apr-18
I’m with Peco on the IPA thing. The stout might be decent, tho.

They’re probably going to sell it in 6-oz cans and advertise as backpacking beer at 1/2 the weight of standard 6-packs!

19-Apr-18
Wonder how long it will be brewed in America before moving production overseas?

19-Apr-18
At least they partnered with a great brewery for the product!

19-Apr-18
Yes sir TEmbry! I'll drink some of that! Sounds great.

19-Apr-18
LOL I've enjoyed reading the comments, some of you guys are pretty funny. On the flip side, all my Kuiu actually fits pretty spot on. Maybe my guide jacket is a tad snug. That's only after thanksgiving though :) That's a size M and I'm 170lbs 5'10" so that seems pretty normal to me. Anything Hairston has done so far has turned a good profit so I'd imagine the beer thing has been thought out to some degree. I'd buy it, I mean why not? I love me an IPA. Plus, we've all bought liquor based on packaging, admit it...

19-Apr-18
I wonder if you pre-order it now, if you could have it by fall of 2019?

19-Apr-18
I wonder if you'll piss 'Kuiu Camo'?

19-Apr-18
That has nothing to do with the type of beer you drink Brad, its the kind of ladies you hang out with that cause the camo pee.

19-Apr-18
"I wonder if you'll piss 'Kuiu Camo'?"

Naw, you'll just piss excellence! :)

I love these comments. I'm a Kuiu fan boy if there ever was one. I own everything Kuiu and love all of it and I'll keep buying it and wearing it. To each his own, but you guys are funny!

19-Apr-18
Shake and Bake Brotzky :)

19-Apr-18
Branding. It's how Duck Commander gets a duvet cover. Scoffers aside, it conceptually works in a marketplace underwritten by a mass identity crisis.

19-Apr-18
"I wonder if you'll piss 'Kuiu Camo'?"

If it comes out Vias, you're good to go. OTOH, if it's Verde 2.0, get to your local clinic ASAP!

19-Apr-18
Great gear and beer should be good too

19-Apr-18
"Whats next? Condoms?"

Well it would make guys feel better about themselves when the medium didn't fit.

19-Apr-18
If they perform like the tents you might think twice about the condoms!

19-Apr-18
I'm dying hahahah this thread made my day

19-Apr-18
Will these stay cold in my 20 year old $30 Coleman or is a Yeti or similar cooler required?

19-Apr-18
I wonder if it will make a 2 a 10 at 2am

19-Apr-18
Glunt, please don't put Kuiu in a Yeti........have a little respect for that Yeti. It is a thing of beauty :)

19-Apr-18
cnelk........yes

19-Apr-18
Just imagine how much the Sitka beer is gonna cost when IT comes out!!

19-Apr-18
If I was an IPA fan is buy some. Worst choice ever to brand though. I'd go with the stout though. Why not. And all you guys laughing at the kuiu cans have bought cases of Busch light just for the realtree camo box. Christ you woulda loved seeing a mossy oak or realtree can back in the day, dont lie. It's just marketing and they seem to be doing just fine. Personally I love their clothing.

19-Apr-18
Well, I just bought a pair of Yukon gaiters today. If I like 'em, I'll try a KUIU beer too.

19-Apr-18
Wv...the gaiters are great. Can't speak about a lot of the other stuff, but I think you'll be happy with them.

I'm not sure if this whole thread is a joke or not. Beer seems like a stretch.

Then again, I'm sure someone will buy it.

I've seen people drink natty lite, and keystone, so any thing is possible. Get a hot girl to pose in a bikini with a can of it, next thing you know they'll be doing super bowl ads.

19-Apr-18
Come on Treeline, you have to toughen up and learn to love IPA if you want to “be” an Alaskan, like you been sayin! ??

19-Apr-18
Patdel, what are you talking about! Keystone light was on sale the other day for 4$ a 15 pack. I don't care how much no like Coors light, I'll switch for that price.

19-Apr-18
Hey, Frank! Nope, the best Alaskan beer ever is the Alaskan Smoked Porter! IPA’s might be OK to pour over bear bait, tho:)

19-Apr-18
Sitka must be working on a labeled Dom Perignon......

19-Apr-18
The Alaskan Brewing Co makes an Oatmeal Stout that makes the menu for my last meal.

19-Apr-18
I’ve only got three words; Miller High Life:)

19-Apr-18
"I’ve only got three words; Miller High Life:)"

That will be the Cabelas/Bass Pro co-op beer choice...cost-effective but disappointing in every other way

19-Apr-18
I had an extra day in Anchorage in November ... stopped by that brew spot ... highly recommended. (I was wearing Sitka at the time)

19-Apr-18
Hahaha Surfbow that made me crack up.

19-Apr-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
If Sitka Gear make a beer, they would call it 'Scissoring' :)

See it?

20-Apr-18

20-Apr-18
"I really dislike IPA, overhopped trash beer."

Trash Beer!? Man oh Man... There are few things better than an ice cold IPA, IMO of course!

20-Apr-18
I see it Brad. LOL!

20-Apr-18
Best thread ever.

20-Apr-18
Oh man, can't wait. I love me an IPA! This is a pretty good marketing idea for both sides.

20-Apr-18
Is it the most advanced and lightest beer ever? Is the beer made by Toray?

21-Apr-18
Those of you who drink IPA probably drink flavored coffee every morning. Man up, drink balanced, beer flavored beer and coffee flavored coffee.

21-Apr-18
Has it been cliff tested yet?

21-Apr-18

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo

21-Apr-18
Kuiu's sizing/fit is dead on. Sounds like some of you may have delusions about what your seeing in the mirror every morning... LOL!

21-Apr-18
So a question for Alaska guys, what is the beer of choice up there? Will be up there in July and was wondering what to expect. Is it mostly IPA or what? I'm not a dark stout beer fan but open to about everything else.

21-Apr-18
Boothill, they have it all. You can alway count on Alaskan Amber though. Depends where you are going as well. I’m partial to the Kodiak Island Brewing company.

I’m not a big fan but Jason does have some good ideas and money makers. This one will probably pay for a nice Marco Polo hunt for him.

21-Apr-18
Is sizing/fit “dead on” when I have two identical pieces from two different years that fit completely different? Is sizing/fit “dead on” when the KUIU jackets I own range in size from a XL to a 3XL? The consistentcy in their bigger sizes is horrific. By far the worst of any of the hunting technical lines. I’ve owned full kits from Kryptek, First Lite, Sitka and KUIU and none are as inconsistent as KUIU from item to item.

As far as the beer goes, i’ll pass but I’m sure it will “fit” some of the fan boys perfect. ;)

21-Apr-18
Dang this beer debate is almost worse then a bow brand debate. By the way I love IPA and drink my coffe Black lol

21-Apr-18
Mossy Oak camo,Pabst Blue Ribbon beer,and black coffee.and old Jennings compounds.that's how I roll.

21-Apr-18
oldgoat - "Has it been cliff tested yet?"

Hahaha there were a bunch of people with their Peloton briefs wadded up over "the cliff test"!

The fact that Jason and KUIU made their own follow up "cliff test" video... as though the concept was an objective measure of pack durability or quality... still cracks me up. But I only have small impact cracks.

21-Apr-18
Kuiu is an athletic fit. Offensive linemen are athletes too :^)

I'm sure they can take a little ribbing and am guessing they can read this thread with a smile. They are a fantastic example of branding and meeting a market niche.

22-Apr-18
"Those of you who drink IPA probably drink flavored coffee every morning. Man up, drink balanced, beer flavored beer and coffee flavored coffee."

Ha, you probably think McDonald's has good coffee and Natty Ice is the good stuff too, right?

22-Apr-18
I drink Seattle's Best at home. I go to the small coffee shop with the hottest barista babes when I am out and about. I go through withdraws before I drink fast food or (gag) gas station coffee.

22-Apr-18
I don't even know what Natty Ice is.

22-Apr-18
Not a beer guy - holding out for a Kuiu whiskey ;)

22-Apr-18
Miller, Natty Lite, and Coors is pert near like a canoe..... they are pretty close to water! ??

24-Apr-18
Well, it will likely have Hairston's picture on the can, like every photo in every ad they have. Sorry, couldn't resist.

25-Apr-18
This one is funny! I love IPAs btw haven’t found one I didn’t like

26-Apr-18
The guy had the athletic ability and work ethic to make it to the NFL, then built up two different massive clothing companies. One with the help of a partner, and one from himself. He doesn't seem overly egotistical, but even if he was, he would be one of the few people with an ego who I'd say earned it. I don't worship the guy but you gotta give credit where it is due.

26-Apr-18
First off, if you don't like IPA, then continue to drink diet beer - more of the good stuff for the rest of us. :)

Regarding KUIU, every piece I've ever purchased has fit perfectly, same as Sitka, First Lite, and BassPro/Cabelas's stuff. Helps to wear medium in everything. I imagine there's a little more margin of error for the "husky" ;)

27-Apr-18
"I imagine there's a little more margin of error for the "husky" ;)"

LOL Ike! I resemble that remark!

27-Apr-18
DITTO

27-Apr-18
Hey Cali dude, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has a nice hop aroma and flavor to it, and is not a light beer. It's not extremely hopped or obnoxious. That's as far as I will go on the hoppy beer trend. In Colorado there is a beer made called Fat Tire Amber Ale, it was very popular when I was in California also, it's available out there so try one. That, is a standard for a quality, WELL balanced finely crafted beer. You guys that love those obnoxious over hopped beers, could just buy some hops and chew on them. Hey it's a free country I'm glad we have options, we all don't have to like all of them, enjoy in moderation.

27-Apr-18
Where do you sign up to be sponsored????

27-Apr-18
if you don't like foreign made stuff then pay more for domestic or have domestic get in the game and step up

27-Apr-18
PECO, many of the IPAs I drink have less hops in them than SNPA. If you get a chance, try Nelson IPA from Alpine Brewing (San Diego County). It'll change your mind about IPAs.

27-Apr-18
First off: I think people drink beer because they enjoy it. Whether it's Coors Light or a strong craft brew, sort of silly to argue when it's completely personal preference.

Secondly: I prefer the term "big boned" over "husky" :^)

27-Apr-18
Not all IPA's are horrible, but the trend in craft beer is not impressive. Fruit beer, bacon beer, the hoppier the better beer, pine beer, pumpkin beer, spice beer, burbon beer, weak imitations of German style beers, etc.

27-Apr-18
I grew up wearing “Husky” pants from Sears. It even said so right on the patch on the rear pocket. If that’s not mentally degrading for a 4th Grader, nothing is....So yeah, I prefer “big boned” as well...

27-Apr-18
All about that Sitka life! (:^)

27-Apr-18
All about that Sitka life! (:^)

27-Apr-18
We had Husky jeans as well and Sears 'Winners" sneakers.

27-Apr-18
Huh...... I thought they were advertising chainsaws.......

27-Apr-18
I just spent 7 months in Germany and their beer isn't all that good IMO. Yeah, I drank it and tried them all. Most were quite boring. The good beers I did find were from their craft brewers and those I enjoyed a lot. Especially while in Czech, they have the best beer in the world.

That said, I'm back to the Americas and enjoying an Alaska IPA now, man I missed that flavor.

27-Apr-18
There's enough bitterness in this world without having to put IPA'a in the mix. I've heard that liking IPA is hereditary, probably caused by your parents resenting that they had a boy instead of a girl, or the other way.

Kota, I grew up sixty miles east of Fargo, in the lake country, and back in the 60's and 70's I waded through quite a few of the "big boned" Nodak girls but never found a keeper. Had to go to Alaska to get one.

Frank, I think the original quote for the beer you mentioned was "Like sex on the beach, 'effing near water".

27-Apr-18
Gosh Mark, you're bitter!

28-Apr-18
"There's enough bitterness in this world without having to put IPA'a in the mix."

LMAO!!!! With that said, I do like some of the IPA's, my favorite being Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA.

28-Apr-18
I’ve been in Italy the past two weeks and have seen some IPAs here which surprised me. I’m not a fan of most IPAs but I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago fro the NCAA tournament and met up with a good friend and we spent a day visiting micro breweries and and some real good IPAs that had high ABU values and that surprised me. My friend, who’s a serious home brewer and thinking about opening his own brew pub, told me brew masters have recently figured out how to utilize hops differently so they bring out different flavors and don’t produce super bitter beers.

28-Apr-18
"In Colorado there is a beer made called Fat Tire Amber Ale, it was very popular when I was in California also, it's available out there so try one. That, is a standard for a quality, WELL balanced finely crafted beer."

Ugh, Fat Tire is so overrated and overplayed...

28-Apr-18
No KUIU, Yetis, or such here as my old Adirondack hunting wools still have some wear. As to beer........did bring back a huge cache of Molson XXX on last fall's moose trip to NL. I drink 2-3 of those and nighty night sneaks up on me like a QC black bear! Any of you 'elderly' recall Black Label?

28-Apr-18
How does the Yukon rain gear compare to the chugach line

28-Apr-18
Newfie, I think my first beer was a, " Hey Mabel, Black Label". ;)

28-Apr-18
My final four words on beer..... Great Taste, Less Filling! The Kuiu generation probably won't even know what I'm talking about. Aren't you supposed to hold your pinkie out while drinking an IPA?

06-May-18

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
TEmbry and I did a little product inspection earlier today. Hard to beat a good Alaskan brewed beer!

06-May-18
Nice.

07-May-18
Well done Nick! And.......how was it?

07-May-18
Nick is such a team player and philanthropist. Instead of just bitching like most of you, he actually went and TRIED it on your behalf....!

Pete

07-May-18
Was in Colorado for the weekend and found the Alaskan Amber at one stop so had to try it out. I thought it was pretty good and will I'm sure have a few in July. I haven't tried a beer I couldn't choke down but some I won't order again for sure. That being said we brought 6 different beers home from 2 different breweries to stock up the beer fridge.

07-May-18
How was it, and how much $$$ was it?

07-May-18
Awesome! That's takin' one for the team!

07-May-18
Pete in Fairbanks I think we can be friends! Lol... good stuff nick!

07-May-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Kuiu is scheduled rebrand this with their own version.

07-May-18
I heard it tastes like koolaid...

Awesome that it his big $$ and massive posse sheep on it.

07-May-18
"Awesome that it his big $$ and massive posse sheep on it."

Well, I think someone's been drinking the spiked Kool-aid tonight at least...

08-May-18
Funny stuff.My Kuiu gear is spot on re 'sizing'.On the other hand,worst sizing ever award has to go to Sitka.Specifically their waterfowl gear and their bib Dept. Bibs are sacks with flimsy suspenders and the jackets inhibit a shotgun swing.Fantastic!

• Sitka Gear