Keef 24-Apr-18
Florida Mike 24-Apr-18
Nick Muche 24-Apr-18
ki-ke 24-Apr-18
Earltex 25-Apr-18
22-Apr-18

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
This past Thursday night my bride and I attended the Dallas Safari Club 2018 Annual Trophy Awards Banquet and Photo Contest. I entered three photos, but when looking at the competition I could only think of the famous words of Wayne and Garth on the sitcom Wayne’s World, “I’m not worthy!” All photography entries must be done by amateurs, and wow, what high quality photos were entered for competition.

Trophy animals were honored from all continents and all methods of hunting styles were included in the completion. There were around 130 trophies summited for competition, but only a few received awards. All North American animals entered must have been officially scored by P&Y or B&C standards with supportive documentation included with entry. All other animals must have been scored by SCI with supportive documentation included with entry. . All animals must have been taken within the last calendar year. The competition was both impressive and fierce. Several of the winning trophies were B&C quality or “Top 10” category.

I entered three animals for competition that I took last August while bowhunting with Pelser Bowhunting Safaris in South Africa that I thought would be competitive. They included a blue wildebeest, a klipspringer and a waterbuck. Two of the animals won awards. The klipspringer won Best of Archery- Third Place. The blue wildebeest won First Place Africa- Best of Species.

The Best of Species Award is competition based on the best species, regardless of method used be it with long rifle, handgun, crossbow or vertical bow. The Best of Archery Award is based on whether the animal is taken a crossbow or vertical bow.

Any way you cut it, victory with a vertical bow is tough with this type of judging criteria. However, I wasn’t afraid to put my dogs in the fight and two of them fortunately came away from the fight with some meat !!

22-Apr-18
Congrats!!! Can we see the pics????

22-Apr-18

22-Apr-18

22-Apr-18
Very cool Greg...congrats.

22-Apr-18
Congrats Greg! Man I miss Africa.....

22-Apr-18
Very very highly impressive. Well done

22-Apr-18
Excellent, Greg! Congratulations!

On a much more modest scale, my "accidental whitetail" killed on the muley dedication hunt shortly after my wife's death won the first place award at the Colorado Bowhunter convention.

22-Apr-18
Congrats again Greg, for marrying up, the animals, and the awards ! Most of us don't manage the trifecta. Me, I just married up :-)

22-Apr-18
Love the “boonie hat”!

22-Apr-18
Congrats Greg! Great honor indeed

22-Apr-18
Very pictures congrats!

22-Apr-18
Congrats Greg!

23-Apr-18
Congratulations Greg... awesome animals. Very nice!!!

23-Apr-18
Way to go Greg! Always nice to see a fellow bowhunter recognized for his accomplishments!

23-Apr-18
Congrats!

23-Apr-18
Congratulations Greg!

23-Apr-18
Very nice, congrats.

23-Apr-18
Thumbs up, Greg!

24-Apr-18
Congrats Greg!! Well done!

24-Apr-18
Forget about a new Trophy Room ----------------->

You need a new Awards Room!! haha

Congrats man

Good luck, Robb

24-Apr-18
Congrats Greg! Love that Klippie

24-Apr-18
Good for you I'm proud of ya.

I'll bet this puts a bounce in your step for more picture taking.

24-Apr-18
Nicely done Greg! A big congrats!!!

Mark

24-Apr-18
Congratulations, That's Excellent!

24-Apr-18
Nice going buddy. I'm proud to be your "new best friend." Take some more photos on your trip this fall.

24-Apr-18
Congrats Greg! FM

24-Apr-18
Wow!!! Unreal!!!

24-Apr-18
Great pic! The ones with the dead animals are nice too!!

25-Apr-18
Congratulations! Recognition such as this prolongs the excitement of the hunt itself.

• Sitka Gear