Stekewood 10-May-18
oldgoat 10-May-18
Treeline 10-May-18
MichaelArnette 10-May-18
MichaelArnette 10-May-18
Franklin 10-May-18
Z Barebow 11-May-18
10-May-18
My old Jennings is set at 65#.I got some 125 and 160 grain snuffers heads.using 2216 aluminums.at 65# which head will handle best with this combination.arrows will have 5", LW helical fletched feathers.thanks,dan

10-May-18
Hmm may be best to screw em on and just shoot it?

Guys will need your arrow length for better help I would think

10-May-18
Arrow are 31 1/2". Shooting fingers.

10-May-18
Yeah, it's not the poundage so much as the arrow with enough spine to handle the head. I regularly shoot 125-150 grain heads with 100 grain inserts out of longbows but must cut the carbons down 1/4" at a time until I get them to fly right.

10-May-18
125 GR at that length

10-May-18
what so long? your draw length or just extra length?

10-May-18
My draw length.monkey arms.

10-May-18
You will get a lot more input if you ask this on the Leatherwall.

10-May-18
The trad guys use them so I'd guess just put it in the right place is all you have to worry about assuming your bowv and arrow combination is tuned well. They do take some practice to get those things sharp though!

10-May-18
Have used them off longbows for years. Killed lots of critters with them up to feral hogs, bears, elk and moose. You have plenty of bow. Just make sure you have the arrows tuned to your setup and flying perfect and that they are sharp. If you put where it needs to be you should have short blood trails that Stevie Wonder could follow.

10-May-18
You have plenty of bow and arrow for anything up to elk...flight and tuning is the tricky part with those heads! I’ve killed quite a few whitetail with them over the years and they are a great head

10-May-18
As far as number crunching? I’d want over 30 foot lbs for snuffer originals. I’ve had no issues with anything over that

10-May-18
The heavier head will help straighten out arrow flight in a trad. set up and the extra weight helps with the momentum and KE. Leatherwall will have what you need as far as advice.

11-May-18
Dan- I wish I would have known you where looking to tip those arrows with Snuffers. Shot them for years. Biggest factor (IMHO) in getting Snuffers to fly well is getting them to spin true. I liked flightmate adapters (Glue in) as I want my weight up front to be the broadhead, not the mounting system (insert plus screw in adapter) I found glue in adapter was ~ 25 g less than the insert/screw in combo. This allowed me to up the size of my broadhead. Additionally, I mounted them with a Dixon BH spin device so them mount true.

• Sitka Gear