DL 22-May-18
Jaquomo 22-May-18
LKH 22-May-18
IdyllwildArcher 22-May-18
LKH 22-May-18
22-May-18

Thunderflight 's Link
I saw this on yahoo.com this morning.

Something doesn't seem right about this.

"The National Park Service issued a notice Monday of its intent to amend regulations for sport hunting and trapping in national preserves to bring the federal rules in line with Alaska state law.

Under the proposed changes, hunters would also be allowed to hunt black bears with dogs, kill wolves and pups in their dens, and use motor boats to shoot swimming caribou."

Is this a gross misinterpretation or is it for only native tribes?

22-May-18
Gross misinterpretation.

22-May-18
Thats whst i figured

22-May-18
Very grossly misinterpreted, those things aren't legal on state lands either. Natives do those things but only on their lands.

22-May-18
Of course this is being reported in the MSM as a gift to "trophy hunters" by the Trump administration.

22-May-18
Wow, when has it ever been legal to shoot bears with cubs!? What a reporting hack job

22-May-18
Wasn’t the cub and wolf pup killing issue about wildlife management in areas? Hunters couldn’t do it but the government could to control the population

22-May-18
Yes, biologists claim a huge percentage of moose and caribou calves are going to predators so this is a predator control measure.

22-May-18
shooting bou from boats is only allowed in a limited area (1 or 2 units) north of the Brooks and is not strictly a native entitlement. They can only take 10 per day.

22-May-18
5 per day. It's not just natives. It's anyone who lives in the qualified subsistence areas of 23, 26, and I think maybe 24 as well.

22-May-18
I'm out of date. Used to be 10. Happens when you move.

• Sitka Gear