Burly 26-May-18
ELKMAN 26-May-18
David A. 29-May-18
TrapperKayak 29-May-18
Ace 29-May-18
SBH 29-May-18
25-May-18

Lone Bugle's Link
Not sure where to put this.... what an ugly cross breed this was!!

25-May-18
Does look like a dog cross... Feet look too small to be all Wolf, though it's harder to tell when they're not spread out under a normal load... Also depends on what assumptions you want to make about the size of that hand that they put in there for scale...

Funny - somebody commented somewhere that it's "obviously" an underweight grizzly cub... With a 2-foot tail? I don' theen so, Loosy....

25-May-18
My question is why did they get a 4 year old to take pictures.....

25-May-18
Why was it shot? No I'm not a wacko animal lover but I still have a hard time understanding people that just kill.

25-May-18
Because it was near cattle and suspected to be a wolf and ranchers can legally and will shoot any wolf they see in proximity to their cattle.

25-May-18
Wolf/hyena cross...

25-May-18
Has a big overbite. Looks small on the truck.

25-May-18

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
another photo

25-May-18
“I'm not a wacko animal lover but I still have a hard time understanding people that just kill.”

I’m not someone who just gets off on Killin’ Stuff, but if I were a rancher and I saw that beast around my stock, I wouldn’t wait for it to attack one of them before I’d take it out.

That’d be like looking at a woodchuck in your garden and thinking that you wouldn’t shoot it unless/until you saw it eating the petunias.

25-May-18
A deformed and ugly coyote is my guess.

The overbite is very unusual.

25-May-18
DNA will tell. Looks like a wolf-dog cross to me.

25-May-18
"Why was it shot? No I'm not a wacko animal lover but I still have a hard time understanding people that just kill. "

Do you let cockroaches run wild in your home?

26-May-18
"Also depends on what assumptions you want to make about the size of that hand that they put in there for scale... " heheheheheheh.....

26-May-18
It is different looking for sure.

26-May-18
Here on earth that's what we call a "Wolf"...

29-May-18
I'm in Tasmania looking for the Tasmanian wolf aka Tasmanian Tiger aka Thylacine. A real animal that supposedly went extinct when the so called last one died in a Hobart zoo some 80 yrs ago. Hundreds of sightings since, but no one can get a bona fide photo or video. Several strong sightings in the last few years. I have 10 cameras out and am contemplating going full out with another 40. If you want to see a film of the actual animal, here 'tis: https://youtu.be/6vqCCI1ZF7o

29-May-18
A Tasmanian Wolf is actually a marsupial animal which to me is pretty fascinating. Every native animal from that 'continent' is a marsupial (Tasmania, New Zealand, Australia, etc.). They evolved to fill the same niches that animals throughout the rest of the world did, but were so isolated that the earliest form of mammal, the marsupial, was the only one that existed before the land became too isolated for other more advanced mammals to access it.

29-May-18
From 2012

29-May-18
Just looks like an ugly wolf to me. I don't get it, why is this a story?

• Sitka Gear