Brotsky 29-May-18
Z Barebow 29-May-18
Buffalo1 29-May-18
Mark Watkins 30-May-18
mn_archer 01-Jun-18
cjgregory 01-Jun-18
26-May-18

Bigpizzaman's Link
Just days shy of my 56th Birthday, I entered the Octagon for a Kickboxing match. All proceeds when to charity and my opponent and I are friends, we still dropped bombs on each other! The training for this event saw me drop close to 40lbs, I now am about 14% body fat and sport a 6-pack! Wondering what your obsession with mountain hunting has you doing to train!

26-May-18
crossfit

26-May-18
I take a bit more conservative approach. Weight training using push, pull, hinge, and carry exercises. My conditioning rotates from aerobic (stair master and hikes w/ pack) to anaerobic sprints uphill utilizing 1:5 work-to-rest ratio.

26-May-18
Great effort by you both! Well done young man!

26-May-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Hell, yes, Tim!!! B.E.A.S.T. !!!

I, too, do a kickboxing class called 'Body Fit', but don't compete. It's a mix of cardio using mitts, gloves, and a bag, as well as weights and bodyweight exercises with minimal rest.

My other passion is running. I ran Boston this spring, then another local marathon two weeks later, then my first 50 mile trail run two weeks after that. Whew!

When I'm not training for the longer races, I'm lifting a lot more. Keeping things mixed up at all times, I'm rarely bored and always challenged. An IronMan is in my future!

I do something that sucks every day and at 59 years young, I've never felt better!

26-May-18
I’d just stick to sticking alligators and wrestling them into the boat.

26-May-18
Nice Tim. My immediate goal is much more pedestrian and, alas, has no ring girls. I want to be fully fat adapted before I start ramping up my training for a trip to Kodiak. That requires a consistent fasted and postprandial glucose reading of 83 mg/dl or less. So everything I'm doing is slow, time-under-tension resistance training. Anything with an anabolic rather than catabolic bias.

26-May-18
Oh hell yeah! That would be some serious motivation to get in shape.

Gonna save & watch this on the 75 inch screen with the wife later tonight. She'll get a kick out of it for sure!

26-May-18
Just finished a triathlon this pm. 3 two mile bike loops in the park followed by 3 mile walk and a grueling 3 beer finisher. I’m ripped. Great job Pizzaman!

26-May-18
Too cool hats off to you both! How long did it take you to drop the 40 lbs? I'm addicted to hill running, the pain endured during the run pays off with the high afterward! Keep it up.....

26-May-18

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
It was an amazing 9 week training camp, I have so many “friends” in the fight game, they all stepped up to punch me in the face!!! I also had Dustin Poirier and Mike Brown fly in for the fight and corner me!!

26-May-18

Me and my opponent (Bob Moore) after the fight with Dustin Poirier!

26-May-18
Too much fun Tim. Mother Nature has kicked me around for the past 78 years, but like you, we both survived to fight again. my best, Paul

Oh, training. Stay in sheep shape 24/7--360, my training plan

26-May-18
Congratulations, Tim and Bob! Great job from the both of you and a heck of a way to get in sheep shape!

26-May-18
Well done!!!

26-May-18
Congrats Tim!

26-May-18
I had the pleasure of attending this event! It was sure a sight to behold!

I got to shoot dice with "the diamond" before the match, and root for the "skinny pizza man" from the front row of our section. It was awesome!

26-May-18

Halibutman's embedded Photo
Halibutman's embedded Photo

26-May-18
I read about the fight in the paper prior to, but never saw the outcome. Congrats on a great job of fundraising for a very worthy cause.

26-May-18
Way to go Tim!

26-May-18
Good job man.

26-May-18
Good stuff Tim!

27-May-18
That was crazy fun!

Congrats to you both

Good luck, Robb

27-May-18
Good stuff!!!

27-May-18
Great job, me I just try to stay ambulatory enough to hunt again.

27-May-18
Well done, takes some serious conditioning! Should have hit him with a Cajun Executioner or a Marie Laveau. That would’ve put him down for sure!

27-May-18
Nice work Tim!

27-May-18
Pretty evenly matched...congrats on your training regimen.

Its hard for anyone that has never boxed or fought in these matches to imagine how difficult it is....by the third round your arms are like lead weights.

27-May-18

Thanks guys! Nick you are a BEAST!! Yes by the third you are done, can’t imagine 5-5-min rounds! We were supposed to fight 3-3min rounds, my opponent forgot his head-gear so we fought without but boxing commission reduced rounds to 2-min? Still your arms/hands feel like you’re holding 30# dumb-bells!

27-May-18

To the victor goes the spoils!!!

27-May-18

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
I'll stick with my forty-year regimen for 'Getting and Staying in Sheep Shape.'

It's worked for me. Besides, I've never had an interest in hitting anyone (The Witch from Hell and her willing accomplices excepted), nor in getting hit.

27-May-18
Yeah, but BPM has a slam with the bow AND a hot chick on each arm, soooo....

;-)

28-May-18
Hey Congrats Tim - that’s something else! Super cool. That’s a rush, good on you for being game for different things.

28-May-18
Being in sheep shape for an archery grand slam is different than other sheep shapes.

I’d take Tim and his training/mental regiment any day versus other approaches!

Congrats Tim! My hero

28-May-18
the other guy forgot his headgear............he must have been fighting for awhile and is suffering from memory loss..........................seems like something worth remembering.

28-May-18
Pretty cool Tim! Congrats:)

28-May-18
Just finished the Memorial Day Crossfit WOD as perscribed...”Murph”

All with weighted 20lbs vest 1 mile run 100 pull-ups 200 push-ups 300 squats 1 mile run

Ready for my stone sheep and CO mt. goat hunt this fall!

Congrats again Tim!

28-May-18
Thanks Blayne! I did a Murph as well, was on my way to a sub 45 Minute finish until my lower back popped, I finished but the last mile was slow. Alaska, B.C and Utah here I come!

28-May-18
That’s insane. Taking “age is just a number” to the extreme. Way to go!

28-May-18
Only 56??????

You're just a child, my friend! LOL

28-May-18
Congrats hope your hunts go equally well Lewis

28-May-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Memorial day "Murph" for me as well....along with a few friends!

28-May-18
That’s awesome, Tim!

28-May-18
Great stuff Tim! I'm feeling a bit underprepared for our hunt next year, but I'll use my young body and my boys wrestling practices to get me in shape! Lol!

Fun to follow your workouts on FB!

29-May-18
WOW! Looks like you will be ready if you ever have to fight off a Grizzly! ;-)

29-May-18
That was awesome Tim! Way to go! This is my last week of being fat before getting ready for fall. I'm going to miss all those beers and pizza:) Good stuff!

29-May-18
Awesome Tim! It is all fun and games until someone hits you in the face! Not for me though. Thanks for the inspiration to get out and do something. I am planning on Mule Deer above 12K shape for 2018!

29-May-18
BPM you are an absolute RIOT !! You've got one big charitable heart! Congrats of being of brave courage and a great sport. You may me the next generation "Paul @the Fort" poster child for physical fitness.

30-May-18
Way to go Tim!

And for a charitable event to boot!!!

Mark

01-Jun-18
Tim you are awesome. I'd get slayed In the ring and I'm a bit like Kyle, not a lot of desire to do it.

01-Jun-18
I do a modified Primal Endurance workout with Maximum Sustained Power weight training.

• Sitka Gear