Treeline 29-May-18
LKH 29-May-18
smarba 29-May-18
Cheesehead Mike 29-May-18
TrapperKayak 29-May-18
28-May-18

LKH's embedded Photo
LKH's embedded Photo
And you thought you knew what a Great Horned Owl looked like!

28-May-18
Cool birds and pic!

29-May-18
Great picture! Looks like you are finally out of the snow and into a world of green up there! Hope you get some good summer rain to keep the fire danger low!

29-May-18
Thanks Tavis, for sure! We have been so wet that the big issue will be all the growth. Alfalfa is almost 18". Rain will be needed.

We raise 2-3 owls every year and they move to the barn about this time. Perfect cover and most seem to make it to adulthood.

29-May-18
Neat!

29-May-18
Cool pic!

Had a pair of Barred Owls nesting in a tree in my front yard several years ago. One of the adults got hit and killed by a car and the other adult abandoned the two baby owls in the nest. After a couple days I climbed up and rescued the two young owls. I raised them for a while and turned them over to a bird of prey center.

One was bigger than the other and I named the little one "Hooter" and the big one "Double D". My teenage step-sons thought that was pretty cool when I explained it to them ;^)

29-May-18

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
That is a great pic. We actually drove by this on Sunday, perched on power pole near Watertown, NY. Never seen one outside of the winter months in NY before.

• Sitka Gear