Houska 07-Jun-18
EF Hutton 07-Jun-18
EF Hutton 07-Jun-18
Bigpizzaman 07-Jun-18
EF Hutton 07-Jun-18
Houska 07-Jun-18
EF Hutton 07-Jun-18
07-Jun-18
Hello, I know this isn't bow hunting related but I thought I would get some input from some of you Louisiana guys since I have no idea. We are going to New Orleans the end of this month and I thought I would take my boys (10 &11) on an air-boat ride to see gators and such. Any recommendations on air-boat services? There seems to be a lot but I would like to get a good one. Thanks for the help

Matt Houska

07-Jun-18

EF Hutton's Link
This will be a good one .

07-Jun-18

EF Hutton's Link
Anything in the Jean Lafitte Park area will be good scenery.

07-Jun-18
Looks like a good one!

07-Jun-18
That area was the only area i ever saw a giant godzila male gator do the water dance & bellows rut act.

Lafitte would be 1st choice

Maurepas swamp - The “ Bruce “ gator hunter on A&E operates in this area. Its less treed, more marsh.

Honey Island swamp is good. It is definitely wooded, heavily wooded. As spookey as it gets. Not sure how deep they go. The Bogue Chitto NWR butts up against there. I suspect because it is closest to New Orleans, it may be crowded, and if they have alot of older folks on board, they might not take a chance on “ the tempting “ areas.

07-Jun-18
Guys, thanks for the input! The hunting community is always willing to help even if it is not hunting related.

07-Jun-18
The Honey Island swamp would be exciting in a smaller, less passengers boat with a young operator who “ take you to the good spots .”

Lafitte , Jean Lafitte is pretty and you likely see many wildlife species.

Mosquito Repel Sportsman Dry is a good spray. Not oily. Wear a hat.

• Sitka Gear