akbow 31-Jul-18
Shug 31-Jul-18
Nick Muche 31-Jul-18
Zackman 31-Jul-18
TEmbry 31-Jul-18
loesshillsarcher 01-Aug-18
Mark Watkins 01-Aug-18
12-Jun-18
Hey guys just wanted to spread the word for anyone on the fence about becoming an official measurer with Pope and Young. We got a course set up for Anchorage Alaska July 26-29 (Thurs through Sunday). Killer time for a mini vacation with some salmon fishing before/after compared to traveling to MN. Rumor has it one of Bowsites own will be teaching the course :). The class will cost $200. Feel free to message me with any questions on travel/fishing but if you are interested contact Lisa at the national office ASAP to try and get on the books, spots are still available.

12-Jun-18
I'm signed up--but, you knew that already. Just trying to bump it to the top!

12-Jun-18
Make sure you Alaska boys study the chapters on Coues Deer and Pronghorn:)

12-Jun-18
Looking forward to meeting you Ken. This should be a fun time. Hopefully we can get some more folks interested in attending!

12-Jun-18
I'll be there... just to hear all the BSing during the breaks. Ed F

12-Jun-18
Can I come for a refresher?

13-Jun-18
Lisa and I will be there too.

13-Jun-18
Great news Bob, look forward to it!

So far we have one lower 48 Bowhunter coming up, I hope the number increases. Great opportunity here!

14-Jun-18
Is this course officially put on by P&Y? I was under the impression that you must be selected to even attend a measurer's course. There would be no shot I could come to Alaska, let alone on this kind of notice, although it sounds like fun.

14-Jun-18
It’s an official course and you do have to be approved, hence the need to contact Lisa ASAP to start that process. Definitely late notice when we finalized it last month, partly my fault for having difficulty pegging down the venue for the course. Should be a fun time however for those on the fence about doing it and have a flexible schedule.

Also want to clarify I am in no way running the course. I’ll be a student. I just helped arrange a venue and iron out the details so Ed and Lisa could make it happen. This will be a big win for anyone who bowhunts Alaska to have a new wave of scorers join the ranks.

14-Jun-18
I’m a measurer from Illinois......would like to attend as a refresher course, but going to South Africa shortly after, and then to Bob Ameen’s Buck Shack in September. On another note, when did P&Y start charging to become an Official Measurer?

15-Jun-18
P&Y started to charge last year, just enough to cover costs and break even... last year we started doing joint classes with B&C which makes sense since we added about 100 new measurers. Ed F

16-Jun-18
Wish I could make it, but I can't get out of work that quick.

16-Jun-18
Once you become a official P&Y measurer do you have to do anything to stay current? Refresher class or pay a fee? Is this class just P&Y or B&C also?

17-Jun-18
Free refresher quiz every 4 years. This class is setup for both certifications but B&C may not take part if there isn't enough students. Regardless P&Y is committed to putting this workshop on. Ed F

31-Jul-18

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
Thanks to everyone who helped put this together and congrats to the new P&Y measurers. Ed F

31-Jul-18
Welcome new Measurers! Thanks!

31-Jul-18
Very cool !! Is that Cabela’s ??

31-Jul-18
Thanks for putting it on Ed and putting up with us! Where was that caribou pic? Kenai?

31-Jul-18
If anyone who took the class is a Facebook member please pm me or add yourself to the group.

Pope and Young Measurers

31-Jul-18
Thanks for coming up Ed and Eli!

31-Jul-18
I want to see a lot more entries from AK this fall!!! :)

Congrats everyone and thanks for volunteering as official measurers!

31-Jul-18
Submitted my first official entry the same day I was certified. Waste no time

01-Aug-18
Is that Jack Frost's game room?

01-Aug-18
100 new measurers....nice!

Great move to charge a "break even fee" for the course Ed!

Mark

• Sitka Gear