UltimatePred 18-Jun-18
UltimatePred 18-Jun-18
Paul@thefort 18-Jun-18
UltimatePred 19-Jun-18
M.Pauls 19-Jun-18
UltimatePred 19-Jun-18
14-Jun-18

UltimatePred's Link
As one of the owners of Ultimate Predator, I get asked almost daily for decoying tips with our Stalker Decoys. I have many tips I have learned while using our products and many tips I have compiled from visiting with our customers. However, I ALWAYS feel there is room to grow and improve.

I want to be the absolute best resource I possible can be for our customers. Therefore, I hoping to learn from the vast amount of knowledge inside of Bowsite. I would love for you to share any decoying tips you have learned over the years. Thanks! Lance

14-Jun-18
I'd say the first thing is more of a disclaimer. Animals are individuals, just like humans, or dogs if they can relate to them better. Some are aggressive, some are curious and some are scared of their own shadow. Not every animal is going to come in even if you're doing everything perfect.

As far as tips, i don't have anything revolutionary. Play the wind, if using stationary decoy keep it scent free, some movement is a huge help, make sure it is in the open so animals are not surprised by it, don't ever let an animal see the "thin" side of a 2D decoy, if using scents I like to place them next to the decoy not on the decoy. Read animal body language.

14-Jun-18
I have none related to a bow mounted decoy, but when I used the old Mel Dutton on goats, I learned fairly quickly to get well into his "discomfort zone" before popping it up. Otherwise, he just might take his girls and leave.

18-Jun-18
APauls, I tell customers that all of the time. I always say, "These by no means work every time, but when they do, it's a wonderful thing!" Thank you for the tips.

18-Jun-18
Always do your homework. Scouting is key, try to learn where the critter you are pursuing is comfortable going to.

If possible set up on the X. It is always easier to decoy your quarry to a spot that they already want to be.

18-Jun-18
well of course they do not work all the time, but heck, I just use a small black umbrella, on turekys and have had great luck.............. last year I bought a doe decoy from Ultimate Predator, and although I was in the hospital, last fall my buddy used it,,,,,

It was used in the big woods of the UP, and N Wis and in the hill country of SW Wis. He said it worked the best out in SW Wis, more open country he thinks. Decoys tend to spook deer, in the more tighter areas of the northwoods,,,,,,,

One trick he used and it worked well, was that he would screw in a small bow hanger in a tree, hang the bow, with the mounted decoy, and just take a break behind it, he said in the hill country, deer walked right up to it,,,,,,, just hid behind the tree,,,,,

I can not wait to use it this year,,,,,,

18-Jun-18
Drycreek, that's very interesting. I'm going to put that tip to the test this goat season. I have held pretty true to the technique of not popping up in their comfort zone. However, I have hunted deer with our Stalkers far more than goats, and letting them see you coming seems to work best on the deer. I can certainly see how your statement of taking the girls and leaving is a very valid point with antelope. I think the biggest key that dictates your approach is what time of the season/rut you are hunting.

Ground hunter, I'll share a little video that discusses my comfort zone approach with deer which supports your buddy's statement of working better in the open as opposed to very tight woods. So glad he had fun with the decoy, and thank you for your business!

Stalker Decoy Tip #4 from Ultimate Predator on Vimeo.

18-Jun-18
Wilber, I couldn't agree more. That's very similar to when I tell customers, "I always try to let the animal come to me first. Then, I will go after it if I have to."

18-Jun-18
I'm quite positive this is the question I get asked the most......

Stalker Decoy Tip #1 from Ultimate Predator on Vimeo.

18-Jun-18
TIP: One will NEVER decoy in a deer, elk , pronghorn, turkey, IF they never use a decoy!

19-Jun-18
Haha [email protected] is true.

19-Jun-18
Buck decoys "can" work well in September (or when bachelor groups are established), when bucks think they know all the other boys on the block. Curiosity can get the best of them, as they come in to see where they stack up

19-Jun-18
Haha [email protected] is true.

• Sitka Gear