TheTone 15-Jun-18
stick n string 15-Jun-18
sk hoyt 15-Jun-18
cubdrvr 15-Jun-18
TD 15-Jun-18
Yellowjacket 15-Jun-18
14-Jun-18

15-Jun-18
https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Culinary-A2-2-120V-US-Bluetooth-Precision/dp/B00UKPBXM4

Any opinions on this? Am planning on using a beer cooler to cook in. This was rated for up to 4gallons I think. Cheaper ones were like 9 qt. max.

15-Jun-18
That's the one I have. Amazing device and has been flawless so far!

15-Jun-18
Anova is what I have ... works great. Heats water quickly. Check out the YouTube "Sous Vide Anything" channel ... they review machines

15-Jun-18
Thanks, will check it out.

15-Jun-18
I think Deertick meant "Sous Vide Everything" channel. Those guys crack me up!

"It's amazing!!!!" lol

15-Jun-18
Yep, but he got me close enough lol.

15-Jun-18
I bought a Walmart one for $79 and it worked well. It got us started and then my girlfriend researched all of them and found out that Joule was the highest rated unit. She bought one and I have to admit, it's pretty sweet. Bluetooth and Wifi control of times abd temps. Alao has an app that has recipes and videos and help you choose temps, etc. it also has a strong clamp and s magnetic bottom to stand up in a metal pan.

If you are just starting out a cheaper one might be the way to go. I was happy with the Walmart one until I saw what a high end unit could offer. It doesn't cook better but it's very user friendly and if you like to use technology, you'll love it.

15-Jun-18
I went with the anova and have been happy. Its bigger than I expected it to be

15-Jun-18
Thats what she sssssss......

15-Jun-18
Go with the anova! You wont regret it. Been using mine for two years.

15-Jun-18
Thanks everyone. Looks like Anova is on sale on Amazon today. Does more than I’ll ever need. Some commenters said steam would mess with thermostat, but I’m going to use in lid of cooler so that shouldn’t be an issue I’m assuming.

I cooked twice in a cooler using a teakettle to warm water and a digital thermometer to monitor temp and had great results, so this should be about flawless.

15-Jun-18
Another Anova. Couldn't say it was the best, but it works very well.

15-Jun-18
Anova here too. Bought the Rubbermaid container, lid with the hole to fit the Anova and a rack that holds the bags. Works great!

• Sitka Gear