Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

Automatic deer feeder---which one?

PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
Archerdan 03-Aug-11
Archerdan 03-Aug-11
flyingbrass 03-Aug-11
OkieJ 03-Aug-11
cme2hunt 03-Aug-11
stephenf 05-Aug-11
Dollar 05-Aug-11
Hoytboy 06-Aug-11
Randy 07-Aug-11
Stik'n String 08-Aug-11
Black Wolf 08-Aug-11
Iowa bound 09-Aug-11
Videos

The Lakosky's Whitetail Management
by Hagy

Early Season Doe
by Basinboy

Coues Deer with Diamond Outfitters of AZ
by DiamondOutfitrz

Bloodtrail 39 Kill Shot
by Pat Lefemine

Put Your Video Clip Here!

Which automatic deer (corn feeder)feeder have you used and the pros/cons of it.

I have bought about five of the Ontime Feeders and all have broken within one year. I tried a Moultrie one awhile back but it broke as well.

I have been researching the Bossbuck ones and am thinking about getting one of those. Any experience with this company?

gamecountry, day II model. my friend had one work for about 9 years until it quit, then he cleaned it and it has still been working the last 2 years! I had one and bought another after the first one got stolen. They are good ones.

Sunslinger. Best I have used and I have tried several brands. It has every thing in one unit including a solar panel. It does use a different 6 volt so buy it when you by the slinger. It also come ith a metal funnel and a cupped spinner instead of plastic. Can be set for 16 times a day. around $80

Outback they are high dollar but come with a lifetime warranty on them. I use them in our hunting preserve and they throw twice a day 365 and have for 10yrs.

we use the ontime lifetime elite and they have a 100% garuntee. yes we have had a few strip out the spinner and a few timers go bad but they have never not replaced it.

Ontime is okay for store bought feeder but my experience with on time leaves you high and dry waiting on lifetime warranty.Castaway feeders are great charge battery once a year and keep full of corn.Been using them for 5+ years and no problems at all. Saw a new feeder this week at hunting show in South Carolina AppleTree Game feeder.Has worm drive to push apples out at preset time.Looked pretty cool.Nice and quite holds about a bushel and half of apples.

Hoytboy's Supporting Link

I have an On Time 100 lb capacity hanging feeder with a Tomahawk digital feeder. I put it up last fall (wasn't hunting that property) and filled it every 2 weeks and had it running 2 times a day for 15 seconds each time and the battery was still fine after 6 months of working in the fall-winter seasons.

moultrie,good feeders and not expensive,sells at most farm stores like Atwoods,or you can make your own but will use more feed with a free flow feeder

I have had the best success for the money with All-Season Feeders.

Sweeney if you want to buy it only once...with a solar charger and never have to charge a battery again.

Boss buck spreaders are by far the best in my opinion and come with recharging capabilities.

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: Automatic deer feeder---which one?

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy