BB's embedded Photo

04-Jan-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Have a great bow hunt. BB

04-Jan-15
BB,,,Thanks for sharing.. ED

04-Jan-15
Some great red coloring in the one. I never see any red in them out here. Especially when I'm hunting them.

04-Jan-15
Great pics BB !

04-Jan-15
Unbelievable pics once again BB...thanks for sharing with us!

05-Jan-15
nice Thanks for sharing

05-Jan-15
Outstanding, as always, Bill!

05-Jan-15
Awesome photos bb. Thanks for sharing. That can be difficult conditions for exposures with that background.

05-Jan-15
simply amazing... thanks for sharing...

05-Jan-15
Almost makes you think twice about killing them doesn't it? Well, almost that is. Pretty pics BB.

05-Jan-15
Great photos! Thanks for sharing as always!

05-Jan-15
What camera were you using?

Just curious.

05-Jan-15
Great pictures thanks Lewis

05-Jan-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
gulfcoast, I am using an old worn out body on both my self and my camera lenses. The camera body does way better than I do, even though we are both worn out. Its an Olympus E-3.

05-Jan-15
Very nice Bill!!!

Mark

05-Jan-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I can't believe I haven't been chastised for not shooting them. But really I still hunt them and still shoot them, but in a different way.

I can tell all you coyotes hunters something I discovered along the way, and it works better than anything I know to get a coyote with a bow.

It took me years to figure this out but here's what happened.

For many years I used to kill a skunk and take a hyper-dermic needle and take out the skunk scent and put in a bottle. Then when I bow hunted I wore if for years. I got teased a lot and some guys still think I was crazy for doing that, as you smell just like a skunk. But during those years I killed a lot of coyotes, with my bow, at close range.

As the years past I quit wearing it, as I got married and my wife hated the way I smelled, for a week or so, when I came home from hunting. And as time past I often wondered why I had so many opportunities to kill coyotes with my bow, when so few others didn't. They all called me lucky!

But many years past and I had very few opportunities at coyotes but it never really clicked until one morning when I was chasing elk, and I could smell a skunk and it was strong. So I just followed my nose and low and behold some young pups of the year had killed a skunk and were eating it. I hit one of those and the light went on bright and strong.

So one year while I was driving from home to begin antelope season, I passed a dead skunk on the road which some one had run over. It stunk bad, so I pulled over and put it in a plastic bag and threw it in the back of my truck. I then placed it across the pond I was hunting and two hours had not past and I got a shot at a coyote. I missed and had never seen one at that waterhole before or since. But thats the only time I ever used a skunk. I think I might do it again, as the wife loves me stay away from her now!

But I know it works!

So if your single and not chasing girls and work outdoors and want to kill a coyote with your bow, pay the price and go for it!

05-Jan-15
BB, you take great photos...but it will be a cold day in hell before I wear dead skunk cologne :)

05-Jan-15
Wow. Very nice!

• Sitka Gear