Franzen 23-Dec-15
bearbaiter 21-Jan-16
stagetek 21-Jan-16
drycreek 21-Jan-16
motorhead7963 24-Jan-16
willliamtell 24-Jan-16
11-Dec-15

IdyllwildArcher's Link
Rabies, slipping and getting your jugular ripped open, teaching a wild animal to not fear humans, etc, among the reasons that this sort of behavior is just incredibly careless.

Not safe for work with volume up; some F bombs.

11-Dec-15
"I have no food on me."

You ARE food, you dumb ass.

11-Dec-15
He had a few Molson's.....

Good luck, Robb

11-Dec-15
That one deserved a bullet. Come to think of it maybe two bullets would've been more appropriate.

11-Dec-15
That kinda stuff only happens when I leave my bow at home

11-Dec-15
That coyote was definitely hungry! If he had 3 or 4 others with him,we would be hearing about that guy's death on the news!

11-Dec-15
KJC I'm assuming your talking about the nimrod behind the camera. I wonder if he'd try that with 3-4 dogs.

11-Dec-15
Imagine what could have happened if the coyote got a grip on his foot and took him off balance and down.....

11-Dec-15
only in Canada

11-Dec-15
That is one gorgeous coyote! Pelt would have brought a nice price or made a great mount.

11-Dec-15
Is it bad that I was focused on that coyote's killzone the whole time?

11-Dec-15
Maybe while I am coyote hunting today I should have a few molsons. It might improve my luck. 3 stands and I am batting a goose egg.

11-Dec-15
That coyote should be dead! What if it comes in contact with a child? For someone to mess with any wild animal like that is foolish!!

11-Dec-15
"You ARE food, you dumb ass."

Hahahahaha!

11-Dec-15
As a coyote attack survivor myself, this is not funny

About 15 years ago I snap-shot a coyote up the hind-end in a pasture with an AR, and he was alive when I got to him. He mustered up enough go to come at me

It was death defying. Absolutely horrific. Cape buffalo and elephant have nothing on that coyote charge

Razor sharp canine teeth bared, he came at me from a low bush. He looked at me like I owed him money.

He was there to collect. My heart raced, my palms sweated. I looked into his burning, pitiless eyes, and knew it was him or me.

Time stood still as my thumb flicked the safety of the Bushmaster AR-15. I extended the carbine with my right hand like an evil black pistol. . . . and at point blank range. . . . praying that I "had enough gun" and that my 55 grain soft point bullets would adequately penetrate his iron-tough hide. . .

I shot him four times.

In retrospect, one might have been enough. But when you're 20 years old, have the capability to almost rock and roll, and a 10 round clip, it's sometimes hard to stop pulling that trigger :) :)

11-Dec-15
Listen at the end of the clip...he says this is my trailer and this is my dog.

I have seen this video before and it turns out the yote is his pet. He made the video as a prank supposedly.

I believe that story...if that was a wild yote anyone would be far more scared in my opinion. Second he gets on the ground, no one would do that. And finally it is obvious that the yote knows him. Way more playing than honestly looking to for a meal.

Thoughts on this? But yeah, I saw this video a few years back....its not new.

11-Dec-15
hahahaha!

11-Dec-15
Oh jeez

12-Dec-15
Lol @ Bake!

12-Dec-15
Hippy, his pet yote and a pocket full of kibble s at feeding time.....

Mark

12-Dec-15
That was funny, Bake!

12-Dec-15
Double funny @ bake

13-Dec-15
Seein' the word "hippie" I clicked on this thinkin' it was Jaquomo on a wild adventure with his WY guide...... who likely isn't as "scaped" as he is.....

LOL! Great story Bake.... heheheheh....

22-Dec-15
I had somewhat of a similar story to Bake's a little over a week ago.

I was bowhunting for whitetails on my dad's place and had a coyote come through on the opposite creek bank to where my stand was. I put an arrow in it, but the shot was high. The yote drug his crippled hind end across a small field and into a nearby treeline where it disappeared.

I decided to wait for a bit to see if that arrow would finally do the coyote in. In the meantime, another coyote appeared out in front of me digging for rodents in the mowed crp. This coyote followed the same path as the first and was within about 12" of getting an arrow also. Keep in mind, I only have two arrows in my quiver now. However it wasn't to be, as this yote smelled the other (I believe) and decided something was wrong at the last minute and turned around before I could shoot.

After waiting for the 2nd yote to leave the premises, I got down and tracked the 1st over to the treeline. A small creek/ditch about 2' deep runs down the middle of said treeline. The blood trail led me to this ditch, where the yote followed for 20-30 yards. While trailing I heard a few noises that would normally be attributed to something moving, but could never find the source.

Suddenly, I realize that I do not see any more blood. I look in all directions for the yote and/or blood, but can find none. As I stand right on the bank of the ditch, I think to myself "I wonder if this bank is cut out under me." Sure enough I peer out over the ditch a bit and it appears that it is. Now I'm thinking I may be right on top of this wounded and angry coyote.

I back out and make a reasonably wide circle to where I can see under the cut bank. Sure enough, there is the yote, just looking at me. Oh shi....ooot. I nock an arrow and find a spot to sneak one in between all the roots. This one makes contact, but I can't tell where; it's just a ball of fur under there!

The coyote's will to live was ever-present and it bit at the 2nd arrow, snapping it in half. I thought for sure it was coming out of the hidey hole after me. I then released my 3rd and final arrow. This one didn't hit home, or just grazed the yote.

Now I'm standing there without any ammo and a knife for protection, so I reach for that. Here's where the story gets boring though, as apparently that 2nd arrow did the trick and the yote finally expired without any Rambo heroics. Wheeew.... thank God. I carefully prodded it with a long stick after a few minutes and pinned it down so I could grab the in tact arrow. Fortunately the yote was indeed finished and I could go home with clean underwear!

22-Dec-15

Franzen's embedded Photo
Franzen's embedded Photo
Trophy photo!

22-Dec-15
I had seen that before.

Realistically, even though this was a joke, if that yote hadn't been playing, he would have went about it the same way until he tripped the guy. The part where he was pushing the guy pretty hard looking for an opening would have been more the pace until the guy left an opening. Then he'd been on him.

This is the same way a single or, duo of wolves does things when it sands it's ground. They work them over hounding them until they expose an opening. Then it is all over. God Bless

22-Dec-15
"Getting your jugular ripped open"? That is funny. In all the coyote attacks I've seen videoed or the one I saw in person, the coyote never went for the throat. They just start tearing a chewing on whatever they can grab. For all you guys afraid of coyotes, they rarely attack. You are more likely to get owned by a house cat than a coyote. I have encountered them a hundred times anywhere from 2 feet to 500 yards and they all run like I'm the grim reaper.

22-Dec-15

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
That coyote got nothing on our Jersey Coywolves...

I had to shoot this thing running at 40 yards just to get safely down from the tree this past 11/9... The only thing between me and starting work at 8am was that long, powerful snout, surely would tear me to pieces once I descended the 20 feet to the ground..

23-Dec-15
Holy Jesus Jack that's a big one!!

23-Dec-15
Look at the difference in the faces of my dog and Jack's. His looks just like a sleeping friendly puppy and mine looks like an evil devil leftist! ;^)

21-Jan-16
yes that coyote was a pet,it was all a prank. i have a friend who hauled rock to that same camp. it was a a camp job in bc canada. and the coyote was friendly believe it or not. so no worries.

21-Jan-16
Too bad it wasn't a wolf, eh !

21-Jan-16
I've caught lots of coyotes in traps and you're never sure just how well they're caught until you get pretty close. Some go nuts and I'm afraid they'll pull out and get away so I generally shoot them if they start acting nutty. Most of them however, just look ashamed............

24-Jan-16
yep seen it before a couple yrs back.

24-Jan-16
say one thing about that yote - it had razor sharp reflexes. Super quick. If it was a wild animal, you'd have a tough time fending it off unarmed (and if it came at you, it would probably mean it was rabid eh?) Amazing how much bigger wild critters get when in attack mode.

• Sitka Gear