LINK 21-Jan-16
Drahthaar 21-Jan-16
IdyllwildArcher 21-Jan-16
kellyharris 22-Jan-16
Kurare 22-Jan-16
10-Jan-16

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
I got this in an email. Was said to be in Idaho. A biologist friend of mine was doing a moose count survey from a plane and told me of a line of 24 wolves walking a river that he saw. Interesting, in a 3 week survey flying a grid, he saw no moose and not a track, and they blame no moose mostly on brain worm from the deer, not a walking line of death like this.

10-Jan-16
I know a guy that would give his right nut sack to be on the hillside across from that line with his Rock River AR..... ...Oh, thats me!

Can you hunt wolves in Id and Mon now? I haven't been keeping abreast.....

10-Jan-16
Impressive picture. Your biologist friend may want to re-count. Looks like 25 wolves to me.

10-Jan-16
Man I got the same email but it was on Montana. Oh well neat picture no matter where it came from. Hunt

10-Jan-16

10-Jan-16
Wolves back on Endangered protected species list, don't they can be hunted legally anywhere right now.

10-Jan-16
Up to this point, I've been a law abiding citizen but,........

10-Jan-16
Tony that's in Wyoming. You can hunt them in Montana and Idaho.

10-Jan-16
Overland, why do you think my biologist friend took this picture? I said the email I got claimed it was from Idaho. I'm in Manitoba and try as we do all fall and winter we can't keep up to these things. We shoot them from Sept. till March. In 1974, the first big game animal I shot with my bow was a timber wolf.

10-Jan-16
Well, if you got it in an email, it must have been thoroughly fact checked!!

Reality check: Wolves are NOT any longer endangered. At least not the grays/timbers that have been transplanted and/or have bee filtering in from Canada. Maybe there are still some pockets of subspecies like the Reds father south or Arctics way up north which do still merit protections. Fine. But if they're being successful in the National Park system to the degree that they're expanding and colonizing outside, then the ones outside of the parks can almost certainly stand up to being managed just like any other big predator.

The genetic diversity argument doesn't work for me, because whether the individuals are geographically removed by one mile or a thousand, the genes in a pack that descended from the original transplants are the same. You don't get any new genes into the pool until the original packs have dispersed over a large enough area to begin to overlap.... Which is fine..... But that can happen while the pockets of high wolf density remain hundreds of miles apart, and in the spaces in between, there's at least as great an obligation to maintain prey species populations at levels that sustain the interest of human hunters (since they're the ones funding so much of this) as there is to maintain wolves at a level that permits dispersal and genetic diversity.

Interesting how compelling the Social Carrying Capacity argument can be when talking about reducing whitetails in suburban areas but it apparently has no bearing on keeping predators in check elsewhere.

I don't want them eradicated; I just want them managed the same as Cougars and black bears and even Griz. If Elk hunters can call them in by cow-talking at a bull, chances are real good that there are enough around for some of those hunters to tag one.

10-Jan-16
This photo has been around for years and has all kinds of different locations associated with it and different BS stories attached with it. Look it up in Snopes and you can get the real location and the real story associated with it.

11-Jan-16
Beendare, entire right sack? Is that separate from your left sack? Remarkable! All in good fun... :)

11-Jan-16
Beendare, entire right sack? Is that separate from your left sack? Remarkable! All in good fun... :)

11-Jan-16
Beendare, growing up it was poplar to talk about giving your left nut for some special time with a hot girl. I've said it no less than 3000 times. Well, 4 years ago I gave my left nut to the big C. Be careful what you say, you just might get what you ask for. :^)

21-Jan-16
i seen this photo on the internet two years ago and it was said to be in etherbert,manitoba. so many bullcrap stories who knows where' its from anymore.

21-Jan-16

LINK's Link
Snopes story.

21-Jan-16
I don't care where the photo came from but that is a huge pack of wolves, wish someone would come get all our red wolves . thanks for sharing . Forrest

21-Jan-16
The photo is a good example of why large capacity magazines are necessary.

22-Jan-16
That photo was taken in Washington D.C.

22-Jan-16
Bear Track, I assume there are not really many guys out there who started their bowhunting career as you did Sir :-)

Janez

• Sitka Gear