Contributors to this thread:
JakeBrake 09-Dec-17
ryanrc 09-Dec-17
JakeBrake 09-Dec-17
wildwilderness 09-Dec-17
Huntcell 09-Dec-17
Jaquomo 09-Dec-17
09-Dec-17
Been noticing a few animals roaming around BLM ground that are not typical game animals for the state...hairy sheep, goats, etc. does anyone know how the state of Colorado views these kind of things? Fair game, invasive, etc?

I also heard that some buffalo have crossed over from Utah various places...a few guys have told me they spoke with F&G officers and were told they were fair game as they are not recognized in CO as a game species...wondering if thus applies to other critters, like domestics that have gotten loose.

09-Dec-17
Wild horses?

09-Dec-17
Ya those too, but I already know how they feel about those;)

09-Dec-17
In Colorado If the animal is not listed or recognized by CPW or Federal protection, like most domestics/feral animals, then it falls under County jurisdictions and the sheriffs office.

09-Dec-17
Hunted unit 21 a few years back , there were buffalo in there at the time, gas well guys shot a couple. They verified was legal to shoot. game and fish wanted them gone but would not say if they were from Utah or some ranch escapees. No one knew of any ranchers that had fenced in Buffalo so good bet they crossed over from Utah

09-Dec-17
A B&C class caribou was killed by a train near Greeley a few years back. Escaped from a game farm. There used to be some fallow deer out near Sterling, with some whopper stags, but pretty sure they all got shot out after a few years.

• Sitka Gear