Bushbow 27-Jul-13
wheelerdan 10-Dec-19
RD 10-Dec-19
cnelk 10-Dec-19
caribou77 10-Dec-19
Brian M. 10-Dec-19
Brian M. 10-Dec-19
03-Sep-08
A hunting buddy of mine has used Deer Me tree steps for the last 10+ yrs and swears by them. I have searched all over the internet and can not find them. Does anyone know where I can get some or if they even make them anymore? They are rubber coated and spring steel. Thanks

03-Sep-08
I purchase some from Cabella's a few years ago.

03-Sep-08
I have been looking for them for the past couple of seasons and can not find them either. They were easy to start and held up well. I have gone to climbing sticks, because of age mostly. Good Luck

04-Sep-08
Wow, I couldn't even find them on Ebay.... you may be out of luck

04-Sep-08
Heard they were bought out by another company a couple years ago and they were back on the market, maybe under a different name. Sorry I can't help more.

04-Sep-08
We had some problems with them snapping, and don't use them anymore. I think they are out of business. They make good bow hangers and equipment hangers.

05-Sep-08
I was told that they were made out of spring steel and wouldn't snap. I have contacted Cabelas and did an extensive search on the net with no luck. May be one of those products that just does not get the pub and gos away. Thanks

06-Sep-08

nehunter laptop's embedded Photo
nehunter laptop's embedded Photo
After breaking a few old steps I threw all of them out and bought all new ones.

The ones below were in a Maple Tree, and the juice in the tree ate away the threads on the steps.

07-Sep-08

07-Sep-08
I tried to get some last year also. I found the company and they said they do not make them anymore. i don't know why though.

07-Sep-08
Becuase they broke so often esp when cold there were a zillions law suits

So owneer disappeared I hear

They were a POS anyway

09-Sep-08
RutnStrut: Check out the Cranford screw-in steps. They make one that is simple, non-folding, and has one of the best lag screws on the market that starts easily with very little pressure. Once you try them I think you won't own any other kind.

10-Nov-10
Deer Me Tree steps have not been made for years. The owner died and the company died with him. I actually worked for him for a few years.

The business was actually totally run out of his 2 stall garage. The owner was a great guy to work for, but unfortunately, the business no longer exists.

I got a box of steps before I stopped working for him... I would bet I have about 30-50 of the steps left. I sell a few each year at my garage sale and the guys who buy them are always excited that they have found them.

FYI, the picture above of the broken tree steps are not Deer Me Steps, at least the full step. The folding step could be one of ours, but the full step is not, ours had a 90 degree bend at the end and were coated with a rubberized, green coating.

Have a great day!

10-Nov-10
Deer Me Tree steps have not been made for years. The owner died and the company died with him. I actually worked for him for a few years.

The business was actually totally run out of his 2 stall garage. The owner was a great guy to work for, but unfortunately, the business no longer exists.

I got a box of steps before I stopped working for him... I would bet I have about 30-50 of the steps left. I sell a few each year at my garage sale and the guys who buy them are always excited that they have found them.

FYI, the picture above of the broken tree steps are not Deer Me Steps, at least the full step. The folding step could be one of ours, but the full step is not, ours had a 90 degree bend at the end and were coated with a rubberized, green coating.

Have a great day!

10-Nov-10
FYI, upon some research, the tree steps pictured above are Ameristep Tree Steps, not Deer Me.

10-Nov-10
Tink

I had just the opposite experience with Deer Me tree steps. Used them now for last 25 years. I bought about 50 steps on Ebay about 4 years ago, never ever had one snap off. Can't say that about ameristep steps. I weigh 240 lbs, they are definitely not junk. Maybe a bad batch, if the law suit claim is true.

10-Nov-10
Well, as I said two years ago, I have had them snap on me. Never had a gorilla snap. We have gone to strap on ladders. Much easier to use and if you watch for sales, not any more costly than steps.

10-Nov-10
If you like screw in's, try getting some Sky Hooks. I've seen some on E-bay. A lag screws into the tree, and you hang the step on that. The step comes and goes with you, the lags stay. The company went out of business, but you can still find them.

27-Jul-13
I also worked for Deer Me Tree Steps for a few years. As Duds said earlier, the owner was a great guy. He passed back in the late 90's. Deer Me tree steps were all heat treated steel, thats why his steps were better than most others. The picture above of broken steps as Duds said was an Ameristep. the hinged one, i dont know the brand, but i assure it was not a Deer Me. A folding Deer Me tree step was double hinged construction not single like the picture.

Funny, even when back working there, people would ry to claim the lifetime gaurantee for replacement steps claiming theirs had broke. In 8 years that i worked there, never had it been one of His steps, it always turned out being some other brand. (usually Ameristep)

27-Jul-13
I love em and have been using them for probably 30 years or more. I picked a bunch up in a trade a couple years ago and have a lifetime supply(for me anyway) probably 50-60 and I have never had one or known one to break. All my hunting friends use them as well.

As a testament to their strength I used some to climb a tree and cut off a rather large limb one time in the yard. During the process I thought?? maybe I should pull that bottom step - naw, the limb will miss. Well as luck would have it the heavy butt end of the limb fell directly onto it and I am not engineer but the force load at the point of impact was way more than the labeled structural safety zone and it was a fast hard impact. The step did bend a little - dah. But did not break. It is still good enough to use but I have retired that one for obvious reasons.

If I had the opportunity I would take all I can get. Deer-Me steps are one of those really great ideas/products that somehow did not survive the loss of the ownership. RIP to the original designer.

10-Dec-19
I would like to buy some more of these. Anybody willing to sell some please contact me? I am a new member here.

10-Dec-19
Got rid of mine, had 3-4 break

10-Dec-19
I see the search function is working

10-Dec-19
ive had countless break off. Most broke as I would leave them in the tree over the years and as the tree grew they snapped. Oddly I never had any ameristeps snap the way these did. But they screwed into the tree fast and easy compared to any step on the marked now,

10-Dec-19
Nehunter's pic above, I had a bunch of the steps on the left. A few years ago one of them snapped at the swivel, about six feet up an oak. I was coming down, and all of a sudden came down real fast. Luckily, I didn't have that step up high. I kept a couple for hangers, and chucked the rest.

10-Dec-19
Double post.

• Sitka Gear