guidermd 06-Dec-08
Bigpizzaman 06-Dec-08
guidermd 08-Dec-08
leftee 08-Dec-08
leftee 08-Dec-08
Waterfowler 08-Dec-08
city hunter 08-Dec-08
04-Dec-08
Anyone know what this whitetail guru is up to lately? Have not seen much about him in awhile.

04-Dec-08
I hear he got remarried........

Was with Parker bows for a while

04-Dec-08
Not sure, but he knew what was going on long before going on was known. If you look at where he killed some of those bucks it's amazing! Big woods deer.

04-Dec-08
No Way!....Myles hunts with 'himself'! You won't find a better more friendly whitetail BOW hunter than Myles! He's serious and lives just that, to chase monster whitetails.....and he's good at it too! He got married quite a few years back....to Carmin (spl) and I think he is very happy!

(I must add Noel got a RAW DEAL!)

04-Dec-08
I'm still looking for a "GOOD" picture of Myles' 175" 8 pt. from wisconsin......i've never seen a good picture of it, just the 1 field photo of it lying on the ground If anyone can find one on the internet i would like to see it.

04-Dec-08
i have that 8 pt in a video of keller's. actually, i believe he was married several times thanks to giant whitetails

05-Dec-08
Doesn't he have a whitetail camp in IA?

michael

05-Dec-08
My friends Kevin Harmon and Timothy Thomas just returned from Iowa haveing hunted with the great one for 2 weeks I don't think he connected bit a great time was had by all. Will have dinner with Kevin tomorrow night get the details and post later here.

05-Dec-08
Edge, you should hold off your uninformed opionion of someone until you have all the facts! I am beginning to form an opionion of you as to your prior posts, it's not too late but someone from Louisiana, I would hope would be a little more positive! Miles will be down this summer for a mens supper you could meet him and learn all that you think you know. Be nice!

05-Dec-08
I can remeber reading about myles in the late 70's When people started noticing his deer in the record books. At that time he was driving a road grader for a living and shooting a recurve, I can remember him stating that he would never shoot a compound. Times change. I truly believe he has paid his dues to get where is today. So I guess even the average working joe can make it in the hunitng world if he wants it bad enough.

05-Dec-08
edge sounds a little bitter, or jealous, either way it doesn't sound good.

05-Dec-08
I agree with the others that Miles is the real deal. He was kiling monster bucks way before it cool. He was just a working stiff that consistently knocked down the big ones hunting them his own way. I remember hearing him speak at one of the very first deer classics in Michigan in the mid-80's. He said that the hunting the wind is crucial for success and that the very best scenerio is when the wind is almost bad for you and almost perfect for the buck. He also said that every piece of real estate has a spot on it where you can take advantage of a bucks travel cooridor, even if it is just one slight bend in the trail that gives you the wind advantage and a savy hunter will find that weakness and use it to their advantage. To this day, that's been some of the best, most common sense advise I've been given for outwitting a mature buck. I was a little disappointed when he switched from a black widow to a XI Flatliner back in the day, but that's business I guess. Compared to todays instant celebrity he is still one of the best along with, Gene and Barry Wensel, Roger Rotthar, Judy Kovar, and a few others out there!

05-Dec-08

05-Dec-08
.....and sports a mane Mufasa would be proud of.:)

He seems geniuine and doesn't hype and yell and fist pump.His sales skills are rusty too......a breath of fresh air.

05-Dec-08
My first compound was an XI Impact. When I got into bowhunting Myles was the man. I am sure he still has it and I hope he is doing well.

05-Dec-08
Not sure what company he was sponsering/rep-ing but but my 2 year old son opened the bathroom door at Cabelas in Rogers, MN like a 2 year does during a promotional deal and bonked him in the head last summer.

I was kind of taken back, I recognized him apologized and quickly walked away embarassed!

05-Dec-08
Some things in life never come easy and may never come at all. It is up to the individual to see that it all comes full circle.

You make your own life and are a product of that. Where do you stand, other than behind a handle with no real name attached.

05-Dec-08
I don't know much about Mr. Keller, but wish I could share a week with him post-season scouting/hanging stands, and a week hunting with him. I'm sure I could learn a LOT

Bake

05-Dec-08
"Some things in life never come easy and may never come at all. It is up to the individual to see that it all comes full circle.

You make your own life and are a product of that. Where do you stand, other than behind a handle with no real name attached"

Pretty much says it all............

05-Dec-08
I gotta respect the man. Yeah, you can argue he had the "time" or opportunity to hunt a lot and scout a lot to shoot big deer. The fact remains, he used his time to study, scout, and set up on big deer and was successful. A lot of people with the same opportunity wouldn't take full advantage of it and wouldn't enjoy the same success. I'm sure his advice would be the same as any successful big deer hunter, you gots to huntsum where they are.

05-Dec-08
My wife works with Myles wife and last year he donated a free archery lesson for their office Christmas party that they raffled off with the proceeds going to charity. I can relate a second hand story regarding Myles. I once knew an archery rep who was asked to help video a hunt with Myles for Xi Bows back in the 80's. This was out of state on land that none of them had ever hunted before. He said they were scouting an area when Myles said, "this is the spot" and they put up a treestand. Mike (the rep) was doubtful because, although there was some sign, it just didn't really look like that great of a spot. Well, three days later they killed a buck out of that stand.

05-Dec-08
i remember when his trailer full of heads got stolen............not all his heads, but alot of them. i think that's when the synthetic horn industry got a big jump. now, no one shows their real stuff, just the fakes. i think the last endorsement i saw him do was the block, or some target. i have an xi video of him hunting in kentucky i believe, all he saw was does and a spike, didn't shoot anything only his friend did. you won't see any videos like that on the market today. myles has alot of character, he was walking the walk long before pope and young became an everyday reference to people's antlers. everyone today uses a number to reference a buck they killed, back then no one really knew what a 140 was.............. he was at most of the shows i did years ago, and we often chatted before and after public hours. i picked up alot, but he's a master in his own profession, most people, including myself, would never relate to his knowledge even if we tried. it would take a lifetime to learn all he knows, and with our instant gratification philosophy, most will never take that time to learn. just make a cd on how to kill big bucks and i'll buy it, that's today's hunter

05-Dec-08
In the book "Idiot Proof Archery", Bernie P. talks about Myles' bout with TP. Said he couldn't hit a paper plate at 20 yds, but by the time he got through with his "treatment" from Bernie, he was hitting tennis balls at 40.

I remember the Black Widow adds in Bowhunter Mag back in the day with a picture of Myles and a big circle of his P and Y whitetail mounts. I think he had 20+ at the time.

05-Dec-08
Yeap, and he was knocking big bucks off with a recurve prior to the wet dream AKA "QDM".

05-Dec-08
hey i remember that ad with the circle of whitetails. looked like it was done on a lawn with the heads on wooden stakes. that was a classic ad. he was 45 years old in the xi video i have, he's probably 60 now at least.

05-Dec-08
I was watching a bear hunting video last night and learned that he had the #1 and #4 record black bear in Minnesota as well as all of the deer he's shot.

05-Dec-08
He's killed more studs in a flannel shirt than most of us will ever see.

05-Dec-08
that's for sure. i have never seen one wearing a flannel shirt. now I know what i've been doing wrong! i keep looking for big brown things while on stand.

05-Dec-08
I don't see any post by a guy named edge

05-Dec-08
You don't now.....

05-Dec-08
I went to one of Mile's seminars and thought he was really good. It was at an American Legion Club and there were only about 20 people there. Miles talked for about a half hour, then we started having a few drinks and he turned the seminar into a question and answer period. There were some rumors, some said started by his wife during a divorce, that alot of his hunting was done before and after legal shooting hours. I don't think anything ever became of it, but he did start to slide out of the limelight about the same time.

05-Dec-08
I think I'll leave my flannel shirts at home then...

05-Dec-08
I hunted with Myles up in an Alberta camp in the mid-90's. He's a great guy and I was impressed how down to earth he was considering his celebrity status. I asked him what his secret was in consistently killing big bucks and he said simply that he hunts where they live, puts in his time and when he gets his chance he absolutely refuses to allow himself to screw up. That was it.

He had to switch broadheads in the middle of that hunt when his agent called him and said he was now representing the new broadhead company. We all had a good laugh about that situation, including Myles.

I don't remember him hunting in a flannel shirt but I did run into him again years later in a Wal-Mart in Kansas one November. I think he was on a trip and ran out of clean panties because he was in the underwear aisle just like me. He actually remembered me from that Alberta trip too, which tells you how unaffected he is. Great guy with a tremendous head of hair and a hell of a deer hunter.

05-Dec-08
saw him at a deer show of some kind back in the early ninties. a small affair, so he was pretty available to anyone who wanted to talk to him. i was impressed by his easygoing manner, and his potiteness with all the know it alls there trying to prove they were as smart as he was. my son was about 5 at the time, myles paid more attention to him than he did to all us older wannabe deerslayers. actually walked away from the crowd to show my son some of his big bucks up close. truely a gentleman who represents us all well.

05-Dec-08
Hell of a hunter.Used to hunt with him a lot.Shot my first bear with him on a DIY hunt we took together in Ontario in the 70s.Actually were in business together awhile and I can state a little known fact,he as much as anyone,is responsible for the 'scent free'mega million industry existing today.Won't say anymore but he should get a lot more credit for that and other things than he does. He's not one of the current 'instant'heros but the difference is he's the real deal.We had some differences and I haven't talked to him in quite awhile but suspect he's still cooly,calmly,quietly collecting big deer.

06-Dec-08
I don't know the man personally,but I think he is one of the good guys of the industry. Whoever this Edge idiot is that must of had some negative thins to say about Mr.Keller. I am glad to see a Mod must have taken care of him. Edge, Myles Keller has forgotten more about hunting maure whitetails than you will EVER know.

06-Dec-08
i heard the rumors about him too.........that happens to all the successful people. everyone cheers for you during the race, then when you win they try to figure out how you cheated. i never believed any of them, and never put any stock into rumors.

06-Dec-08
Had dinner w/my buddy who just finished a hunt with Keller. He assures me he is fine and fit although sometimes wishes he could just hunt and not have the pressure of only shooting monster bucks. Still they had a great time esp. after hours where Miles kept them entertained with his stories. Hopefully I'll be invited one day.

08-Dec-08
and using bowsite means you are part of the hunting industry ;<)

08-Dec-08

08-Dec-08
LOL.

08-Dec-08
I wish I was half as good as Myles "killer" Keller then I'd be twice as good as I am now. Of all the so called "celebrity hunters" he is on a very short list of people I'd like to meet. His passion clearly shows.

08-Dec-08
When it comes to deer hunting there isnt many that can touch Myles. He has been killing great deer way before all this food plots, micro managment stuff... louis

• Sitka Gear