Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

Finger shooting Bow ?

PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
old-drone 25-Dec-08
Pruneemac 26-Dec-08
CurveBow 26-Dec-08
Pruneemac 26-Dec-08
KJH2004 26-Dec-08
bowriter 26-Dec-08
Greg 26-Dec-08
YeOldFart 28-Dec-08
WyoHunter 29-Dec-08
Videos

Herters cv17
by Jakeemt

thoughts on shoulder pain
by TedOnDao

Mathews No Cam
by Pat Lefemine

Badger tries to climb up my ladder stand!
by Bowhuntress

Put Your Video Clip Here!

Do any of the major Bow companies still make Bows for Finger shooters, like 42" plus ATA ?

Pruneemac's Supporting Link

yea, check out this link. It's a little old but it has a ton of info. Looks like Hoyt makes the most longer axle bows

I used to shoot fingers and now shoot a Ross 337. My point is that I can practice drawing it without my release & don't get finger pinch, even though its 37". A lot of the new bows have large cams. I think this gives the bow a less severe finger pinch than many longer ATA bows with smaller diameter cams. Its my theory! Try one with large cams and see what you think.

>>>>>------------>

I think you have something there Curvebow. Larger cams would have less pinch, wouldn't they?

Shooting a 2009 Hoyt 38 Pro with fingers and I don't get any finger pinch at all. You should'nt have any problems .

I have never used a release, shot fingers from day one and with bows from every design and length. The last bow I used was something like 34" and 80% letoff. I had no problems at all. I had more finger pinch with an old Bear recurve than I ever had with modern compounds.

A no brainer! Hoyt Montega! Greatest finger shooter compound bow ever. Get the 2009 model.

The Montega with round wheels is a great finger bow, the Martin Septor is pretty good also. As others have pointed out a person can shoot a lot of the shorter bows now days. The larger cams has a little to do with it but also parrallel limbs lets a person shoot a shorter bow with less finger pinch. What you want to look at is string angle, parrallel limbs allow the string to come off a angle more like the older long axled bows.

I shoot a Mathews Conquest 3 and I think it's the perfect finger shooters bow. It has the mini-max cam and is 65% let-off. ATA is 41" if I remember correctly.

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: Finger shooting Bow ?

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy