Mathews Inc.
Whats the FASTEST bow on the market now?
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
MasterBowtion 20-Feb-09
Bowfreak 20-Feb-09
MasterBowtion 20-Feb-09
MasterBowtion 20-Feb-09
MasterBowtion 20-Feb-09
mulehorn@work 20-Feb-09
Norseman 20-Feb-09
Txnrog 20-Feb-09
jimbow 20-Feb-09
B Walker 20-Feb-09
Pat C. 20-Feb-09
Trophy8 20-Feb-09
wyobullshooter 21-Feb-09
Deerman1 21-Feb-09
20-Feb-09
What is the fastest true IBO compound bow right now? Looking for my next true hunting bow. Can you guys list a couple of them?

20-Feb-09
The fastest is the PSE Omen followed by the McPherson Monster and Pearson has a real fast one in terms of IBO rating. If you are looking for pure speed for your hunting bow, those are the fastest. Due to the geometry and cam designs to attain these speed these bows are not going to be the most shooter friendly pieces of equipment.

20-Feb-09
What is the fastest true IBO compound bow right now? Looking for my next true hunting bow. Can you guys list a couple of them?

20-Feb-09
I like the PSE Omen a lot but wished it had cable wheels like the mathews monster. I think I might go with High Country's 2009 High Speed. What did you mean by, "Due to the geometry and cam designs to attain these speed these bows are not going to be the most shooter friendly pieces of equipment."? So you mean theres more vibration, shot inconsistantcy, noise in most high speed dual cam bows than the single hard cam bows?

20-Feb-09
I like the PSE Omen a lot but wished it had cable wheels like the mathews monster. I think I might go with High Country's 2009 High Speed. What did you mean by, "Due to the geometry and cam designs to attain these speed these bows are not going to be the most shooter friendly pieces of equipment."? So you mean theres more vibration, shot inconsistantcy, noise in most high speed dual cam bows than the single hard cam bows?

20-Feb-09
Hey MB youshould change your handle to "doublepost"

20-Feb-09
short brace height, speed cams = very critical or not as forgiving.

20-Feb-09
I think he was meaning that regardless of single v. double, you're going to have a tougher draw cycle, more vibration/noise, and generally less forgiving bow. To get the most out of speed, you're going to sacrifice some other things until the technology catches up - at some point, we'll hit a limit, have no Idea where that is though.

20-Feb-09
"Hey MB youshould change your handle to "doublepost"- Agreed... anything but "Masterbowtion"

I recently read that in some countries "Masterbowtion" is punishable by decapitation.

20-Feb-09

B Walker's Link
Take a look at the APA king cobra made up here in Canada. Im sure it will be one of the fastest for 2009. But it does have a short brace height.

Brett

20-Feb-09
My 08 X Force Tree Stand at 60lbs shoots right at 300fps. Im shooting the Radicl XWeave 200 28.5" 445grns. There ain't to many 60lbs bows that can say that!!Good Luck Pat C.

20-Feb-09
Speed doesn't kill, if you think that your a fool.

21-Feb-09
Too bad this is debate free. Since it is, all I'll say is that speed and a reasonable weight arrow does indeed kill. One is not mutually exclusive of the other.

BowTech 82nd Airborne may not be the fastest, but it's up there. Shoots great and has a VERY easy draw.

21-Feb-09
APA's King Cobra IBO's at 362. 5.25" BH, dual cam with 75% letoff and beyond way parrallel limbs. From what I'm told it shoots better than you'd think. I'll have mine in short order!

www.apaarchery.com

• Sitka Gear