piton 18-Mar-09
tradtech@work 18-Mar-09
fuzzy 19-Mar-09
Owl 19-Mar-09
piton 19-Mar-09
fuzzy 19-Mar-09
Owl 19-Mar-09
10-Mar-09
Good work getting the youngsters on video. I imagine being in a national feature proving your skill and mettle lends well to middle school gravitas.:) Both Nick and Pat Jr. are cool hands under pressure.

Pat, your second hog made for awesome, prototypical, Clarkrange hog killing footage. I bet you felt rather, um, "conspicuous" being the only biped in what amounts to a big hog chute.

10-Mar-09
Well done Pat. This was a nice write up for Ken's operation also. It was also a pleasure meeting you and Pat Jr.

10-Mar-09
wow! thanks Pat. any way I can beg, buy, borrow, or steal this footage on DVD format? name your price :-)

10-Mar-09
Congrats to all the hunters, Pat Jr, NICE HOG!!!!!!!!

10-Mar-09
I think I'll go next year. Too much fun to miss.

Thanks for sharing!!!

10-Mar-09
Thanks for the footage Pat. Too many dogs darting in and out. I'd be afraid of hitting one. GOOD SHOOTING PAT JR. These boys just keep growing. Mike

10-Mar-09
Thanks Pat. I appreciate the effort. Everyone really needs to see Pat's second hog on the video clip. This is their typical attitude and displays how aggressive they can become.

Ken Moody

10-Mar-09
Great feature, hunt, and video work. they are a blast behind dogs like that. frantic and action packed.

10-Mar-09
Looks like you all had a great time! Congrats on a great weekend but next time Pat when you announce, "money shot", don't turn your back:) One year I have to join you gents.

10-Mar-09
"gravitas"? sheesh, Randy, are you a hunter or an interlectural?

10-Mar-09
""gravitas"? sheesh, Randy, are you a hunter or an interlectural?"

-Given that term was practically trademarked by Democrats about 8 years ago, I'd say I am neither.;)

10-Mar-09
right. that explains why I've never heard it then. Never listend to a democrat. 'course now, under the single-party system, it doesn't matter

"peanuts are the anti-christ! "

;-)

10-Mar-09
Congratulations everybody! It looks like you all took some real good hogs!

10-Mar-09
Great job guys.

This year's was on my son's birthday, so I couldnt even THINK about it.

Is there a date set for 2010 yet?

10-Mar-09
"I think I'll go next year. Too much fun to miss."

Steve - you do know I'll be holding you to that comment! ;?)

11-Mar-09
Looks like a LOT of bacon and ham to be had. I think the Guide needs to guide bowhunters more often so he realizes that they need a more clear shot. Congrats to all, enjoy the eats!!!

11-Mar-09
The Guides know what their doing when it comes to bowhunters. Sometimes the hogs don't exactly stand out in the open for a shot:>)

11-Mar-09
Like Dave wrote, the guides know bowhunters. It is hard to appreciate the relative "pace" of a bay unless you have your feet on the ground. The opportunities are there but you WILL have to take what the dogs and hogs give you.

12-Mar-09
OHBowhunter, as so well-stated above , these guides know their stuff, know bowhunters, and have a good feel for the individual hunter (and his equipment) capabilities. 22 hogs and 20 hunters, (I think) with no wound/losses, and no injuries to hunters speaks for itself!

12-Mar-09
I have a silly question. How much does it cost to join the fun? That looks like a blast. Assuming the economy improves (and I can get the Boss Lady to approve) I would like to try it next year.

LDS Geek

12-Mar-09
LDS geek - I'll have the dates in a few days for next year. Just watch the upcoming MHH threads.

The cost this year was 625.00 plus tax and incidentals. The normal cost of the hunt is 675.00.

13-Mar-09
It's cheaper than therapy.

13-Mar-09
That's from the voice of experience.

13-Mar-09
"It's cheaper than therapy."

Therapy? You won't need therapy unless you fall asleep on the couch.

13-Mar-09
Now now... That was our bunkmates keeping you from getting a good nights sleep. Cause of bb's crankeness lol Boy oh boy those guys could peel the wood off of a barn :>)

13-Mar-09
Every year I say I'm going to bring ear plugs and every year I forget. I don't know why I bother going to bed.

13-Mar-09
ROTFFLMAO I know think the same every year too.

13-Mar-09
Saturday night I went to bed and literally laughed myself to sleep for the snoring. I've NEVER heard such sounds coming out of humans. One fellow was so ridiculously loud I thought he was actually awake and mocking the other snorers. I was wrong.

bb, the key is to beat everyone else to sleep and pray you don't wake up in the middle of the night.

13-Mar-09
Someone tapes that noise they could sell it as a burglar deterant

13-Mar-09

treewalker's embedded Photo
treewalker's embedded Photo
heres my pig from yesterday!

18-Mar-09
Thanks for sharing. Personally I'd worried about hitting one of those dogs. Has that ever happened?

18-Mar-09
No sir, not once in 12 years since the first MHH.

19-Mar-09
piton, we have a VERY safety good record at Clarkrange, and a very low wound/loss /piss off the guides ratio (amazingly) ... one reason Ken gives us a discount

19-Mar-09
piton, that possibility was my number one concern when I started participating in this hunt. All I can say is that you'll get an opportunity for an unobstructed shot and, if not, the bay will continue until you do.

19-Mar-09
fuzzy and owl,

That's defiantly encouraging and good to hear.

BTW Owl, we visited Jr and Samantha at Foothills Hunting dogs during christmas. Hopefully I'll be putting in my order in for the spring 2010 litter.

19-Mar-09
note to self..."safety good record " .....wow....dyslexic much?

19-Mar-09
piton, sweet! reb is one of only a handful of people who REALLY get the Ladner BMC. Judging by output, he may have the premiere LYBMC hunting kennel in America.

His Reign pup is full sister to my Emmet. Of course, Jr can do more with a dog than I can....by far. I'm gonna shoot you a PM.

• Sitka Gear