sir misalots 05-Aug-10
Team T & A 18-Aug-10
Cowboy in Colorado 19-Aug-10
MainDish 27-Aug-10
coop351 29-Aug-10
4 weight 26-Sep-10
LUV2HUNT 29-Dec-12
29-May-09
Wow. Total class act. What an honor that he chose us to hear this interview. I have had the "no leg" feeling from the spinal blocks they used to give me when I had all my orthopedic sugeries on a badly broken leg...it is horrible. I cannot imagine it never going away. I have faced loosing my leg and I know something about the kind of thoughts that he has to have had, but fortunatly nothing nearly so bad.... and God gave me a break. I hope that he gets his miracle and gets some kind of normality back.

I agree with everything he says and it should be an inspriation for all of us.

Please enforce the debate free mode here Pat. Pull anyone who breaks the rule on this one. Tred deserves a good thread.

Tred, I hop you get to read this..we are all pulling for you brother.

29-May-09
I will say I have loved you and sometimes not. right now im praying this all gos away for you and yours JAY.S

29-May-09
Tred, prayers are going your way from Idaho.

29-May-09
More Prayers Sent, God's speed for a full recovery.

29-May-09
Possibly the most honest interview I have ever heard. I will be at a fundraiser for a close friend who in February had a massive stroke at age 40. The prognosis was if he survives he will never walk or speak again. He will be walking into the event with only a cane next week.

Good luck to you in your own recovery Tred! Keep the faith.

29-May-09
Thanks for posting this Pat. This is one of Bowsites best moments. Our Our prayers are with you Tred.

29-May-09
Thanks Pat

Tred, I know you will be back fishing and hunting for those wapiti in Co in no time. Get well super fast.

You are the Man!

29-May-09
Prayers sent. Keep fighting Tred!

29-May-09
Take nothing for granted we are all very fragile! Great Job, Pat and Tred!

29-May-09
Tred's attitude will take him far. Best wishes Tred.

29-May-09
Best wishes and prayers sent.

29-May-09
Good luck Tred and God Bless

29-May-09
Thanks, Pat, for doing this.

And Tred, prayers sent your way. And to Annie, thanks for showing us what a great wife does.

29-May-09
Stay strong, all the best, god bless...

29-May-09
Thanks to Tred and to Pat for putting this interview on here for all of us. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery Tred.

29-May-09
Tred Philippians 4:13-- You can do it bro.!!!

29-May-09
Wow, telling it as honest as he did makes it all the more inspiring. I pray that your recovery will come quick and complete.

29-May-09
WOW! Thanks for sharing your incredible journey. It is just starting.

I can't wait to hear the last chapters that are yet to be written.

I am very confident that Tred's best work is yet to come.

Thanks again.

29-May-09
Thank you Tred for the inspirational message. I may not always agree with you but I've always admired you as a person and even more so now.

Hopefully your recovery will continue in the quickest and most complete manner possible and that you also will receive inspiration from all of us out here who would like to return the favor.

May God bless you and Annie...

29-May-09
I am just so glad that he took the time to speak to us the first time. He is someone I am proud to call a bowhunting brother. I am even more proud to call him a brother now. My family and I will continue to pray for him 100%! God Bless Tred!

29-May-09
Its kind of funny; in that I have never seen a single hunting episode of Treds; and only watched a few minutes of a fishing trip he was on.

And he is a rich man; has traveled all over the world; and I am poor and have no thoughts of ever traveling.

He hunts with a longbow; and so do I; and that made us have something in common.

But other than that; I saw nothing in common between us. He is a religious man; and refers to God; and I am not religious - I am mostly anti-religion.

But- I have had a near death experience. I am not talking about almost driving off the road; or being almost dead; I mean I have left my body and have seen the Creator; or Great Spirit. And I had some lessons there.

And one thing that Tred and I have in common from our diverse life experience: is the knowledge that selfless acts - things you do for others without thought of repayment; something that you do from your heart- means something. To Tred there is that immediate satisfaction; and he replaces it with other acts; and that is who he is.

I know that when you are reviewing your life after death- you will seek out these moments like none other.

So - take that from Tred; and help others just to help them.

I hope Tred recovers from his incident in his life. I hope he can return in full health. I pray for that.

But part of me knows that he will push to hunt; and find ways to overcome whatever he has too in his recovery. And in that - others will learn. Learn and benefit.

He has been tossed into an ocean of despair; and is swimming towards shore; when others would just submit and drown. You might not like this guy for whatever reason; but you have to respect that.

Tred; if your reading this: you can still move your arms; and with a harness and a pulley; you can be lifted into a treestand. If that scares you- steer clear of me and my thinking :)

I have been sending positive energy to Tred; as I hope everyone has.

Get better Tred.

And don't pass over the part where he mentions hydration. If your in the mountains drink lots of water. Water alone.

My best wishes Brian

29-May-09
As one of the few on this site who have never seen a Tred Barta TV show, and don't even really know who he is.....WOW, what an amazing interview and powerful message. AMEN.

Bill

29-May-09
Best wishes and prayers for the future! I have never seen your show but have a ton of respect after hearing your interview.

29-May-09
Hang in there, never stop fighting....

29-May-09
Good luck! Best wishes. God be with you

29-May-09
Tred, When you're ready to do that bear hunt in Alaska, I'd be proud to walk beside you and god forbid if necessary I'd carry you! Stay strong! Prayers!

29-May-09
I too have never seen a Tred Barta show as we don't get the channel. I will say though, after reading and listening to his interviews here on Bowsite, that he sounds like a heck of a guy and I wish he and his wife the best and that his recovery is fast and complete. Prayers are sent.

Rob

29-May-09
My respect for Tred has only increased.

Tred if you need anything let me know and I'll do my best to help out anyway I can.

You're in my prayers for a full recovery

29-May-09
I must admit I've never been a big fan of Tred Barta the hunter, but after listening to your powerful and courageous interview I am a huge!! fan of Tred Barta the man. Your words help me reflect on what the hunt and life are really all about. I know with that kind of positive attitude you will recover. All the best to you fron Ma. Fran Emery.

29-May-09
Best wish's and prayers for you Tred.

29-May-09

Hang in there Tred, prayers and best wishes for a full recovery.

29-May-09
Having just listened to the entire interview, I can only say how moved I was with Tred's thoughts. What a powerful message of appreciation, faith, and optimism. I just related to my wife how it's a shame that the interview couldn't be heard by everyone...regardless if that person is a sportsmen or just someone who is down in the everyday trials of life.

Tred if your reading this, I want to say thank you for your time and positive message. May God be with you in every step of your life and we all pray that you shall have better health ahead. You are truly an inspiration as others have mentioned.

"90% of success is just showing up"

29-May-09
Tred I really don't know what to say. I have followed your shows and enjoyed them. Your message is one that we all need to listen to. Please hang in there and if the weather permits tommorrow I will shoot an arrow with a prayer for you my friend.

29-May-09
Tred thank you for sharing your experience. You are a insperation to all hunters! I love your show so get back at it soon!

29-May-09
Tred- God help you and your family! If anyone can do this it is you and we are wishing you the best as you are an awesome guy. God bless and my prayers are with you!

Kenny

29-May-09
I have always been a Tred Barta fan, and today I'm even a bigger one. After listening to the interview I walked out and hugged my wife, sat her down and told her just how much she means to me. You are the man Tred Barta, and when you are in therapy remember to "do the work" as you have shown all of us, it pays off. Thoughts and prayers to you my friend. J.D.

29-May-09
Tred I'll admit I've not always liked all your shows, but you did make me laugh on quite a few occasions.

IMO it took a hell of a man to conduct an interview after you're life changing ordeal. You made some awesome points we should all live by. I'm sure a lot of the Hunting Communtiy Celebrities would have never requested an interview shortly after such a traumatic life changing event.

My prayers are with you! Hurry up and get back in those mountains it's the best medicine made!

29-May-09

Africanbowhunter's embedded Photo
Africanbowhunter's embedded Photo

Africanbowhunter's Link
That was a powerful testimonial to God the Almighty and a self examination of ones soul.

I Commend Tred.

Tred as the guts & willpower to recover.

We must ask Gods blessing for each day we tred his earth and thank the Almighty for each day we can hunt on two feet. PTL

I pray for Tred that he will have the spirit to recover and continue serving other as best he can.

My work with youngsters who are War Heroes, 19, 20, 22 that are bent and crippled, make me more aware of how frail we are and how life can change in a nanosecond-. A flash and the world you knew it goen forever.

My old camo cap is off to Tred.

get well old buddy

-Tink

30-May-09
Wow!!

30-May-09
That is the best interview I've ever heard. GregE said it best.....Wow!

30-May-09
Inspirational. period.

30-May-09
Inspirational. period.

tred really is "the man" and we all should heed his message.

thanks for so many things you shared.

30-May-09
Tred,

You are in our prayers and inspirational, you can overcome this.

30-May-09
Tred,

Very well said. You've opened a lot of eyes with your story; it's scary to think how quickly your life can change. I've been watching your hunting program for several years now and all I can say is "you can't keep a good man down". Regardless of the outcome, I have no doubt that you'll be back in those woods chasing animals like a "mad man";) May God bless you and your family in this time of need.

<>< Weighttrain_2000

30-May-09
I have never had access to any of Tred Barta's television shows either but after two interviews and bits and pieces in magazines and catalogues, I almost feel I know the man.

His ability to communicate personal feelings and philosophies on life and his willingness to share them so freely is truly outstanding.

He is like a King laying wounded after a battle, vulnerable but still noble.

With his unwavering faith in God and the support of those close to him as well as everyone else, he will heal the best he can to once again be the best he can be.

30-May-09
Tred, thanks for all you have done and will continue to do. The Best and Worst of Tred says it all. You take the good with the bad. Somehow I feel you will turn the bad into some good. That is who you are. God be with you and I hope to hear some good news from you soon. Take care!

30-May-09
Keep fighting!!!!! You will make it

30-May-09
That was cool. Good luck Tred

30-May-09
God Bless you Mr Barta. Thank you for your message. Prayers sent from WV.

31-May-09
GET WELL MR. BARTA,YOU'RE MY HERO!GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

31-May-09
That was a great interview and very inspiring. Life is not always fair but life is always good! and you truly love life, your values will carry you thru this!

Thanks, JP

31-May-09
Much respect....praying for a full recovery !

31-May-09
That is a tough trial to face Mr. Barta. We all have our perceptions of a person on T.V. You've truly stepped up to the plate and expressed who you are...a man willing to share his emotional distress of the matter at hand, a man with a good attitude, of great faith and one who can adjust to what is thrown at him.

In essence, in the willingness to be a part of the interview, you have said this is who I am. This is where I am going and I am becoming a better man through this; not bitter but full of faith and love for God and your wife--your helper.

I can only think that my prayer to God in such situation would be something like: Father take this cup that I am dealing with or this trial and use it for your glory. I do not understand your ways yet I trust you fully with my life. May I be a blessing for you, others and perhaps if you see to it may my body function as you see fit. You have blessed me with a good life and no matter the outcome, I am yours and use me to be the best I can be for you, my wife and others..amen.

31-May-09
"If you believe in everything, you stand for nothing"

Great interview!

31-May-09

scentman's embedded Photo
scentman's embedded Photo
Tred, this pic always puts a smile on my face, hope it does the same for you. My wife and I are praying for you, also the guys at work... they heard your voice on the interview and were drawn to my computer at break time.

31-May-09
Once again, more prayers are going out to you Tred. Get well, and get back out there. If anyone can do it, you can. Peace, Jay

31-May-09
So true how it is all about the journey. So many are wrapped up for all the wrong reasons. Thanks for the inspiration, Tred! Get well soon!

31-May-09
Very inspirational. My prayer is that Tred will experience a speedy and full recovery. I appreciate Pat allowing this interview. In this interview, I hung on each of Tred's words. I will confess, that I did not in the first interview. In this message, I hear a much more sincere person that has very much certainty in his convictions and I salute Tred for sharing this with us. Tred has planted much seed in his message and I pray that much harvest will be reeped due to his sharing. One thing is for sure, if you have faith in God, your faith will certainly become greater in your most difficult times. May God bless you Tred. I wish you many more miles in your journey. Shoot sharp - shoot striaght! DD

31-May-09
That interview should be played on primetime TV. What an incredible philosophy, and outlook. Thanks for sharing it Tred, and thanks for bringing it to us Pat.

31-May-09
Tred: I listened to your interview and I was deeply moved. Thanks for sharing it with us. After listening to it I knew I just had to drop you a line to express my concern and wish you all the best on your road to recovery. Annie be strong. God speed and keep fighting YOU WILL MAKE IT!! God bless you and your family.

31-May-09
Tred, I'm a Physical Therapist in CT and I have treated patients diagnosed with Spontaneous Spinalcords Infarct. Be patient and remember, the largest forest fire is started with the smallest flicker of flame. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep the Faith!

31-May-09
Holy smokes! truly inspirational and heart felt from a stand-up and in your face guy. Tred good luck and best wishes. Brian

01-Jun-09
Tred, our Almighty Lord is always in the miracle business ! He never gives us more than we can handle. "He is more interested in our character than our comfort" (R. Warren) and you sir have a boatload of character ! Blessings to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your experience. Our prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery. Dale Lacy

01-Jun-09
Tred,

Best of luck to you my man. Keep fighting on.

Prez

01-Jun-09
Just finished listening to the interview, Tred. My heartfelt thanks for sharing this with us - especially now. And a huge thanks to Pat for bringing it here. You've served up some needed reminders for this old fellow, and followed them with a healthy dose of inspiration. You and Annie continue to be in my prayers, and may He keep holding ya'll close in the days of trial and healing to come...

Jim Stewart

01-Jun-09
Tred, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and Annie.

01-Jun-09
Nice interview. To paraphrase, "I'll either fly out of here like an eagle...or crawl out of here like a muskrat." That is the spirit that will help Tred recover or live well regardless. God speed.

01-Jun-09
Wow for me too---I enjoyed listening to his interview..very powerful, meaningful,honest..One of the best interviews I`ve read or heard on the Bowsite since I stated comming to this site 10 or 12 years ago..excellent..Tred---keep on keeping on my friend...I too have never watch your shows or even know what you look like--but I do know you......no doubt...Thanks!

01-Jun-09
Great interview !! Thank you Tred for inspiring others and Good luck wit your FULL recovery !!

01-Jun-09
Tred we will keep you in our prayers. I would be more than happy to help you in any way on your next Elk hunt. I'm serious, just holler....... Terry

01-Jun-09
Tred you are in our prayers. Your strength in the face of this adversity will make a bigger impact than hunting fame or fortune ever could...

01-Jun-09

Spike's embedded Photo
Spike's embedded Photo
Good wishes, I know you will be the best you can be!

01-Jun-09
Tred,

I had a chance to listen to your message today. Thank You! You have an incredible attitude toward life, and you're a great example to me and my family. God bless you in your recovery, and keep the faith! I am going to try harder to be the best I can be.

Jeff

02-Jun-09
Tred, you just made my life better for having listened to your inspiration, optimisim, and courage of transparency. Thank you for sharing what must be the most challenging and overwhelming event that mankind can ever face. I used to fear paralysis more than death, it seems as though are fighting to conquer it emotionally and physically. Thank you for sharing and I will no doubt be a better husband and dad from this point forward. Keep it up, and keep the site posted.

02-Jun-09
Best wishes Tred!

We'll hook up for hunt when you're up and about.

02-Jun-09
Thank you. Mr. Barta, your attitude should be an inspiration for all that hear you. It reminds me of a talk I heard as a child from Lou Holtz (it was called "Do Right").

Best wishes to you and your family. Craig Thrasher

02-Jun-09
Tred, Prayers and best wishes from the great State of Michigan. Thanks for your honesty and your pearls of wisdom. We here in Michigan are being shaken to our core. Guess it's time to see what we are made of. Looking forward to your future journeys in life. May God Bless you and the rest of the Barta family.

Phil

02-Jun-09
Thanks Tred, Your words brought tears to my eyes. Broke my back many years ago from a fall out of a tree stand...two burst fractured vertebre, one burst fractured calcaneus...yet I now walk and hunt, a little slower and with more prejudice. The wife helped me through it all...just don't know what I would have done without her. When I lost her, I lost my best friend.

I am envious of your moral strength and wisdom. Thank you for this inspiration. My heartfelt prayers for your full recovery.

Tad E Crawford, Ohio

03-Jun-09
I hope he can recover. I plan to keep a good thought for him. I wonder what is prognosis for him and this condition? Took some courage to conduct the interview which shows us what he's made of. God Bless Tred-I'm pulling for you!!

03-Jun-09
Tred... Keep yer head up! I'm not done learning from and laughing with you! Many prayers and positive thoughts from here in Montana.

Dunner

03-Jun-09
Tred,

You are an inspiration to us all. Best wishes for a full recovery. If anyone can do it; you can. I will pray for you and your family. Ken

03-Jun-09
I am not far away from the Craig Rehabilitation Hospital where he is currently at. I might visit him today. I am not sure if I should visit him or not, however, he is an inspiration to me and I want him to know that but I don't want to get in the way. What are your thoughts. Thanks. Ken

03-Jun-09
good luck Tred maybe when you get well maybe we can get that hog hunt done with stone...you the man Barta you the man...gut

03-Jun-09
Thanks. That was both frightening and very moving. I like your attitude. Do what you need to do to get well. You sound like the type of person who can do it. I'm betting on you.

03-Jun-09
Awesome stuff. I've never seen his show but hope to see him come back strong, whether wheelchair-bound or not, to get that 60-pound doe.

Lost my nephew to a tragic drowning in 2001. He caught his first fish with me at age 2, and was a fisheries major at UW-Stevens Point at the time of his death. The tragedy changed me forever. I already knew Jesus as my savior at that time, but what our family went through in the coming days, weeks and months (his body was never recovered), ironically sharpened my faith even more and brought me closer to the truth of knowing what really is important in our short time here.

What Tred stated, about what is and is not important, well, truer words were never spoken. God bless you Tred, and Pat, you too for getting this word out. I hope that the "tough guys" of this world will listen in and take it to heart. And, I pray God's will be done in regards to your recovery, Tred.

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

04-Jun-09
First, I would like to thank Tred for such a great interview.

I started listening, then stopped the track. I had to get a pen and paper to make notes. Wow, you sure shared from your heart. I rarely watched your show, but regularly fall asleep thinking about you shooting ducks/geese with your long bow. What a great show that was.

Thanks again for sharing your code, or truths about life. I will not take my wife, my family, my God or nature for granted. May God touch you and be your Healer!

Knee mail being sent on your behalf!

06-Jun-09
Get well Tred. Thank you Tred for your interview it is very touching. We all share in you faith and we know you will do this your way. Prayers go out for you and the family. Looking forward to watching more of your shows.

06-Jun-09
I cannot open the interview files, I keep getting a message that the files are "corrupted or have an incorrect file extension". Perhaps someone can email me the files.

However, I have enjoyed Tred's show, his attitude and outlook on life,and as a disabled veteran and bowhunter I and my wife wish him our very best and he is in our prayers.

Tred, stay strong and keep positive, life is what you make of it, and with your attitude we are certain you will make the very best of any situation,,, after all, you do like it the hard way, your way.

John & Marianne H.

07-Jun-09
Tred sure has a way with words. Our prayers are with him. I know he'll make the best of this difficult situation and help tons of people through example. Good luck Tred!

07-Jun-09
Tred my thoughts and prayers are with you Annie and hunter. If anyone can pull htrew this dark time its you. The Barta way the hard way. Man you will be stalking in no time fishing the 100 fathom line in no time. Good luck and keep us posted.

07-Jun-09
Very powerful interview. Thank you for sharing Tred, keep fighting. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

07-Jun-09
Tred, Thanks for sharing your journey and enriching our lives. Our thoughts are with you all the time, now and for ever. R

07-Jun-09
Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery...

07-Jun-09
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery

07-Jun-09
prayers for a complete recovery

07-Jun-09
The owner of the ad agency where my girlfriend works had a spinal stroke about 2 years ago, and he's walking fine. Take a lot of Advil, but he's up and mobile.

So, it does happen, and I certainly wish the same, or better for Tred.

08-Jun-09
Wishing you a full recovery.

08-Jun-09
Tred,

Thank you for taking the time to send such a powerful message.

We all are praying for you and wishing a full recovery. Regardless of the outcome, I am sure your passion for life will continue to shine.

XMan

08-Jun-09
Tred--

Very inspirational words. I know you live by them. Get well, and make some more entertaining shows!

08-Jun-09
Tred, Prayers and blessings sent to you for a fast and full recovery!

08-Jun-09
Tred, I had a friend who at 23 had a stroke that left him without the use of his left arm and leg and caused his speach to be impaired. He almost gave up being so young, I think he just felt sorry for himself. Anyway he had friends that helped him get through it. At times he felt we were getting into his private life too much and it made him very angry. We just wanted to help. "I talked him into going fishing with me." I made a strap to go around his leg so he could cast with one hand and slide the end of the rod under the strap and then wind with the same hand. He was getting really frustrated at himself for not being able to do it very well and was about ready to quit when a big bass busted his lure. The fight was on and it was the first time I saw him really smile in a long time. He eventually got over his ordeal and went back to work. It took him almost two years, to recover. One of the things he remembers most about the whole thing was the fishing trip. He had a blast catching only one fish that day. (It was a spot that went 3.5lb.)

08-Jun-09
Tred, another story if you will. My wifes uncle at 17 was shot in the neck and it left him a paraphalegic. I was inspired by the first story to try and take him fishing also. I fixed a strap in the back of my boat to hold his wheelchair down and hand carried him into the boat and off we went. We had a blast. It was a trip we repeated several times before he finally passed away at age 58. One of the last things he said to me was, how much he loved me taking him on the fishing trip's and he said I was like a brother to him. We did many other things together also, but I will always cherish those memories.

08-Jun-09
Tred, one more and I will finish. I hope these stories are not depressing because all these people taught me alot about living life. My dad suffered a massive heart attack and has recovered but with the help of a pacemaker, (His life has changed, but he is dealing with it and feels lucky to be alive.) My mom has beat cancer and kept a smile on her face throughout the whole battle. They are both an "inspiration" to me. Recently a friend of mine was hit by a van that ran a red light and it struck his motorcycle. It almost killed him. It crushed his leg, pulled it out of the hip socket and did alot more damage to his shoulder. One year in rehabilitation and several surgeries later he was able to walk his daughter down the Isle to give her away at her wedding. This man is a cop and is a body guard also. He is one tuff man. He broke down with tears of joy in his eye's at the wedding and it was something I will never forget. The simple things in life like just being able to walk your daughter down the isle is something we should never take lightly. He and I have been long time hunting and fishing companions and hopefully I can enjoy his friendship for many years to come. I have been with him alot over the last year and a half trying to help when I can and his attitude has been unbelievable. He knows my mom and dad very well. They call him the "second son." When we talked about his outlook on life he explains, after seeing your mom and dad make it through what they did and how they handled it, I would be ashamed of myself if I didn't do the same. I guess what I'm trying to say is, although you are suffering and times are hard right now, you have a golden opportunity to inspire thousands of people. My prayers are with you and your family and may God be with you always. You have inspired alot of people with your interview here on the Bowsite. Keep it up brother.

08-Jun-09
Great inspirational interview Tred....will be praying to Jesus for your full recovery.

08-Jun-09
Thanks Tred, prayers sent to you, family and friends.

09-Jun-09
Mr. Barta, I have never seen your show but being a traditional archer I have seen your name and photo many times. I was shocked to hear what happened. My thoughts and wishes for a full recovery are with you.

I work in the medical field, with patients diagnosed with cancer. Your message is one I hear almost daily. Be happy for what you have and enjoy life to is fullest. It is good that you are able to deliver your powerful message to such a large audience.

10-Jun-09

11-Jun-09
best wishes Tred you always tell it like it is .hope you fully recover..Ron

14-Jun-09
You ARE the Man Barta!Don't EVER give up...and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

14-Jun-09
Thanks to Tred for sharing this. It should help all of us reset our bearings a bit. I will be praying for hime.

Pat, could this be available as a podcast?

Nathan

14-Jun-09
Thanks for all the insight in a difficult time Tred. My prayers will be for your quick recovery and for that period of recovery to be easy on you and your wonderful family.

15-Jun-09
Tred,

I am at a loss for words (my friends would find that vrey diffuclt to comprehend:). I had the pleasure of meeting you at the Colorado Bowhunters Award Dinner. I had my two young girls with me. When you led the Pledge of Alligence it was second nature for my children. I now challenge those around me at various functions to start with the Pledge of Alligence. As adults, we talk about how the day should start in public schools but never about how our adult days should start.

I live my life very much by a similar creed as you do. I may not have had the opportunities you have had but I have always done the best that I can do. And helping others, young and old, gives me the greatest pleasures in life.

I have been knocked down by five brain surguries but I just kept getting backup. In between those surguries, I have shot elk and deer with my bow. And the most joy I remember about those hunts is the friends who helped me along the way, including helping me to pack out my meat. Enjoying the journey became much more important to me.

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us and being so honest. God bless you and your family. I thank Pat for taking the time to interview you. And I most look forward to your future shows no matter how you get there. I am not very big, but it would be a great honor to help you anytime you are hunting or fishing in Colorado.

Rich Colton

16-Jun-09
Tred:

Wishing you the best for a complete and speedy recovery....

>>>>>-------------->

16-Jun-09
Good Luck Tred!!!

16-Jun-09
Best of Luck my friend--Thanks for that interview Pat

17-Jun-09

JP's embedded Photo
JP's embedded Photo
I don't know if this is any consolation, but you kind of grow on people. I have been reading on this site for more than a few years and have decided that I like the best & the worst of Tred Barta! I wish I could reverse what has happened to you. But I know you will fight to regain everything you can. That's the kind of guy you are. Upon hearing your philosophy, I find you to be a kindred spirit and I am deeply touched by your words. Your message to young bow hunters' is one of the most honest statement's I have ever heard spoken. I have been to the mountain, lost loveone's, been through health issues and share your philosophy of life. God Bless you, JP, Huntington Woods, Mi.

I'm sending a photo of Houghton Lake to use as a background for your PC. I know you will be spending a lot of time there, and wish you the best.

22-Jun-09
wow!..just got back from vacation and did not know about this!..tred.. my friend..hang in there and keep the faith....prayers from all my hunting buddies from arizona...jim

22-Jun-09
Tred: All the Best and Best of Luck! And may your healing come like an arrow, swift and straight.

25-Jul-09
Is there any update on Mr. Barta?

30-Jul-09
Tred, I just finished listening to your interview and am wishing you the best of success for a speedy and triumphant recovery. Your TV show has entertained and inspired me in many ways, not the least of which has been my own personal journey from compound to longbow (now to making my own longbows) and along the way I have collected wonderful friends that I never would have found had I not taken the first steps on that road.

I also wanted to say that your message in the interview is one that everyone should take to heart. Both my brother and I have been through medical horrors very similar (albeit different conditions) to what you are now going through and we both have come out the other side. My situation left me very, very mildly disabled but enough so to cost me my career and people ask me all the time if I am angry because all the invested time, study and sacrifice has been "wasted" or "lost." I always smile at the question and tell them that all I feel is blessed because from my misfortune I was given the opportunity to take a good hard look at my life and re-invent myself into the type of person I wanted to be. Now I work in a completely different field during hours that most people would laugh at, BUT the trade off is that I am able to spend several hours a day, every day, with my beautiful wife and breath-taking 2 year old daughter. Believe me, I wouldn't trade that time for all the gold in Fort Knox. I think it was Robert Klein who said it best: "No one on their death bed wishes that they spent more time at the office."

Stay Strong. Stay Positive. Prayers and Best Wishes to you and yours.

07-Aug-09
Now it looks like Tred's condition is linked to the cancer he was recently diagnosed with. His fight will be harder, but for someone like tred, not unwinable. I am confident he will make the best of any situation he is placed in and he will probably tag his next elk before I do.

John

15-Aug-09
thankyou pat for all you do!! ...........ive been praying for tred since this first began, i just want too say too tred 'THANKYOU'!!...you have done so much for so many!! and i will pray for you your wife/family everyday!!,...if there is anything i can do for you ? just name it!!...your friend , in sportsmanship!!!.. SISU!....jeffrey flinkstrom....aka [snake]....

16-Aug-09

Bonecollector's embedded Photo
Bonecollector's embedded Photo
You ARE THE MAN TRED BARTA ! ! ! YOUR THE MAN ! ! ! To me, that says it all....ARE! ARE! Are!, the man ! For fortyseven years I've lived in Florida. Fishing sence age five and hunting(deer, fish, hogg)here and whitetail in Ohio for eight years now ,and I'm here to tell ya !You have inspired me so much not just in hunting,fishing,but the best of all "LIFE" ! We do a lot of things exactly alike I sometimes think that we are brothers from other mothers or something ! My abilities to manage my thoughts at lightening speed, and just take over anything or any problem baffels me sence watching you a good part of my life ! Now yet another "lesson" to learn that is 100% aplicable to life ! You are a great man Tred Barta ! Your always with me on the water and in the woods my brother ! Best to ya on your PT and God Blee yuor wonderful wife for everything only you know ! Tight Lines & One Shot !

16-Aug-09
Tred I truly hope and pray that you make a full recovery. You have brought us all many enjoyable moments both on TV and in print. Prayers to you and your family during this trying time. God Bless you all!

02-Sep-09
Just wanted to say that you are in my prayers down here in North carolina. Tred,I know that you are a fighter and will give this thing all you have. Keep the faith. I had the pleasure of fishing on the west coast with a friend of yours( Tom Merrimon). I am a personal friend of his brother Nick. Nicks son dove into a swimming pool and broke his neck and is paralized from the waist down.He loves the out doors and loves to hunt and fish.He is 23 years old. I was thinking that you two could possibly help each other. He lives in Portland OR.You can reach him through his uncle Tom Merrimon who you have had conversations with.His fathers phone # is 503-292-2689.

19-Sep-09
Good luck Tred. Prayers sent from the Frame family.

19-Sep-09
Just heard the interview. No doubt that your on the right path with that message. God bless, and I will be looking forward to your show in the future. Thanks.

19-Sep-09

Riverwolf's embedded Photo
Riverwolf's embedded Photo
..........I posted on the Leather Wall not seeing this as I am not on bowsite part much ;)

Just wanted to say no surprise here with how Mr. Barta , and his family are handling this . Tred in my book you are a Inspiration . Always have been, ALWAYS WILL BE . ..........to keep this short ...I get it Tred !

Thank you for doing this interview ...Now be the best you can be , and keep after it bro !

19-Sep-09
My prayers go out to you Tred and your wife. Stay strong, I look forward to the next season and your success Tred.

20-Sep-09
Tred, May the Lord fill you with his strength. My prayers are with you Annie and Hunter. I have always admired you for your will and example. And since your condition, words cannot describe my admiration today. In my estimation, you have already won your battle against this disease. The only thing we don't know is by how much. You inspired me to hunt with a longbow, and I can't thank you enough. Keep fighting Tred!

Peace.

Tom

20-Sep-09
Best of wishes to you Tred! You truly are an inspiration to never give up and live life to the fullest! I know when I take out my stick bow this year you'll be in my thoughts

20-Sep-09
Tred:

I'm wishing the best for you - your story is already inspirational for all who have heard it - your expereince has many similarities to that of my friends who suffered severe wounds in war - you may want to take a look at these two web sites - we old Vietnam Vets are doing all we can to support our brothers and sister in uniform today - my support to you, sir. Stay positive - keep at it - never say die - your watchword, "attack!"

Semper Fidelis.

http://inourboots.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiX5tE22_ZU

20-Sep-09
Tred: The BEST to you and your family. Keep going forward and NEVER LOOK BACK! Your mind is YOUR BEST MEDICINE!

Semper FI

22-Sep-09
While I never had the pleasure of meeting Tred, i've always been a big fan, and felt a certain kinship with him. I'd like to think it's a feeling many of us sportsman and sportswomen share out of our love of hunting, fishing and nature in general.

I have been thinking of the Barta family often during the past few months since hearing of Tred's medical condition and I find personally that I have even more appreciation of every sunrise over the bay, fish I catch or game animal that I see. Basically, what happened to Tred could happen to any one of us, so we should enjoy every outing to it's fullest.

I only hope that if I should ever have a medical problem as Tred did, that I could face it with the grace and positive outlook that Tred has. He is truly an inspiration.

God bless Annie and Tred Barta! You are both FIRST CLASS people and a BIG PART of what makes America great! -Tom T.

22-Sep-09
Growing up, my mother was an in-home health care professional. She had no schooling as a nurse, but is the best nurse (or doctor for that matter) that I've ever met. She's cared for a lot of parapalegic and quadrapalegic people over the years. Because my folks didn't have money for daycare, I often went to work with her. I learned more valuable lessons from her "handicapped" patients than I ever learned at school (including college). Some of her patients had very negative attitudes. I cannot and will not judge them, but I did learn from them. Some patients had great attitudes and I appreciate their lessons every day!

I would STRONGLY suggest everybody (including you Tred) read Ron Heagy's book, "Life Is An Attitude". I've had the great honor of meeting Ron twice and that book and his message is bound to improve every one of us individually, and the world collectively! Read the book, log on to www.ronheagy.com and keep praying and wishing well for Tred Barta!

27-Sep-09
God Bless you Tred!

27-Sep-09
I most say that you are a inspration to me. You really made think about a lot of things in my life. You will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Terry L. Zink Marion, Montana

29-Sep-09
I have grown to respect you, Tred. Now more than ever, and you are a hell of an inspiration. I wish you and your family well and look forward to your future shows. My daughter will be inspired as well.

01-Oct-09
Tred I wish you all the best, continued improvement and I look forward to your future shows.

Annie, While I can't know exactly what these challenges have been like for you, I have a very good idea. I won't go into the details of my wife's condition and paralysis here, but believe me when I say I am likely one of your biggest fans. Your courage gives me hope.

These things don't just happen to the afflicted, but to their loved ones too.

Stay courageous.

Tony

01-Oct-09
Good luck Tred, keep fighting! Never quit!

13-Oct-09
Hang in there,Buddy and always....always keep shooting straight. Our prayers are with yoiu and your family.

20-Oct-09
Tred! I've really enjoyed your adventures and hope you have many more that we all can be a part of and share through your hunting show. If you ever come to New Mexico and need someone to help you get to where you want to go, let me know, and we'll make it happen. Our prayers are with you and Annie. By the way, my wife's name is Annie also,and I know she would support me in the same way your Annie does! God Bless

20-Oct-09
I played Pat's interview today and I must say, Tred and Annie, you both are a true inspirations to me and to anyone that listens to the ordeal that you has gone through, and continue to go through every day.

I wish you well in your recovery, I know you'll continue to inspire and amaze us.

That's the Barta way....

Jon

20-Oct-09
Blue Twisted Steel!!!! Give em hell Tred!

23-Oct-09
I do all things throught Christ who strenghtens me.God Bless.Be strong Like PAUL , who was given a thorn in the flesh.Yet Paul was given the greatest assignment of all apostles.Be strong I'll keep you in my prayers.

25-Oct-09
Tred, You are in my prays continually. You have been such an inspiration to myself and so many. Your enthusiasm and dedication to traditional archery has caused me to examine my own beliefs and preferences when it comes to the outdoors and hunting. Tred just remember, when the pain and the frustration gets unbearable and you think "Where is the Lord?", He is right there, beside you. When the road is the darkest is when he is the closest. I hope that one day I could met you and thank you personally for all you have done for our sport. We are Brothers in the Bow and through Christ.

05-Nov-09
Well I think the saying "behind every great man is a great woman" is very true here. Annie God bless you for your love and dedication to Tred. Tred keep fighting and thanks for looking for what the Good Lord is asking of you in your situation. Shoot straight.

05-Nov-09

Sean Smiley's embedded Photo
Sean Smiley's embedded Photo
Tred, you have been an inspiration to me my whole life. God bless you, and your wife and family. God bless you on your road to recovery, and you'll be hunting before you know it! I dedicate this kill to you. I killed this doe with my bow, on my own 15 acres of woods. This was my first deer with a bow. I apperciate everthing you have done. I have listened to your interviews, and reseached all your quotes. You are an inspiration to me, and my family. My brothers send you best wishes from afganistan, and great lakes Naval Staion. god bless -Sean Smiley "If you belive everything, you stand for nothing" see you in the woods!

28-Nov-09

Rick Whitehurst's embedded Photo
Rick Whitehurst's embedded Photo
To my dear archer buddy Tred and Annie, first of all you and Annie both have my prayers,thoughts and love from me. You don'y know me but I have watched all you hunting and fishing shows for years. I love them all! God does have a master plan and we as simple humans can rarely understand the trials and tribulations thar He hands to us. Whatever the age,the wealth,the skin color..........wheather we hunt or don't hunt and etc. We just must go forward with whatever strength and faith we can muster up from deep in our hearts and soul from the bottom of our guts.You and your priceless lovimng wife are doing this. God bless you for your attitude. I'm 64 years old and I'm in my woodshop tonite making my first longbow. I'm retired and I builg guitars and baritone ukuleles for a hobby. I started building them when I was 58 years old.After a stroke almost killed me. Took me two years to finally throw the walker away and then another 9 months to toos the cain away but thru determination and God's blessings I'm able to function once again. I pray that you will too be restored to the best Tred can be. With my love,prayers and always my friendship.....I'll see you on TV giving them the best and the worst of my friend Tred. Regards, Rick Whitehurst Prineville,Oregon

08-Dec-09

TrevorRogge's embedded Photo
TrevorRogge's embedded Photo
Just here in the last few months I've taken up the longbow. I've had a compound for over 10yrs. I have yet to shoot my first deer with a bow as the opportunity has never presented itself. This year I've been hunting hard. I'm surprised that I am accurate with the longbow. Watching Tred's show and listening to his message has lit a flame in my soul to embrace the ultimate challenge of traditional hunting and pass it on to my two kids. This last Sunday was my first time to enter the woods with my longbow in hand and I doubt that I will ever look back. I hunt for that feeling of satisfaction and challenge. Just having a longbow in my hand and being in the woods has been so fullfilling. Thank you Tred. Your shows are the only ones worth watching beginning to end and over and over again. I truly mean that. I look forward to meeting you some day.

18-Dec-09
A special show tonight with Tred Barta airs tonight at 10:00pm on Versus.

02-Jan-10
tred you are a very special person our society needs. please never never quit. don,t be concerned about tears. real men have tears for they release posions can bring joys.

you are in our prayers. God Bless.

patricl & patricia

06-Jan-10
you have been a major inspiration on my life. you are one of the main reasons i got in to bow hunting and i recently shot a small doe with my bow and i dedicate the kill to you.

i also want say that i will pray for you and i really hope that you get better and that i am 13 yrs old and will look up to you for the rest of my life.

06-Feb-10
You can do this. I was in a car wreck many yrs ago my draw hand almost lost the doctors put it back well I switched shooting eyes and draws and after 6 operations and 2 yrs of comming back I was finally able to shoot the hard way with deadly accuracy. I encourage you to fight the good fight of faith ...and know the Jesus is the WAY..who can say what He did Tread was truly the Hard Way but WOW He did it for you and I can testify that His Way works all the time...although we may experience some things we never imagined would happen along the Way...God bless and stay strong in Him....Stu

23-Mar-10
Tred, as a military man, police officer and avid (rabid) hunter not too much effects me any more (besides my kids). However, I have found some truly great inspiration in all you do. I have been a fan of yours for a while and I am following your progress. The world needs more Tred Bartas. People that are truly passionate about what they believe in and proud to stand there and tell you so. Thanks for all you do sir and you are in my prayers along with your family. Now I have to call and scream at my sattilite provider as they just removed Vs. from my package. I look forward to more Barta, now more than ever! God Bless you and yours! Ivan

05-Apr-10
Inspirational interview that is cause for reflection on our own lives and what we represent to others and to ourselves.

God Bless.

Keep em Sharp and Semper Fi,

Ron Herman

05-Apr-10
I believe Tred that you are a man's man. And I aplaud your wife Annie for standing with you in this trial. To have a wife that totally understands you and still loves you is this life's best treasure. Continue to heal and dont forget where the healing comes from...

20-May-10
I'm new to this site and to these kinds of postings. I just listened to Tred's interview as it was passed to me by a friend who knows that Im a bowhunter who has been fighting my own battles - mine with Multiple Sclerosis. I hope someone who reads this can pass along to Tred that there is an incredible group who works with "gimps" to help them find ways to continue their outdoor sporting lives. It is Paradox Sports. Web site is paradoxsports.org and they are truely amazing. They would be an incredible team if they could get together with Tred. The same values and passion for the outdoor life, friends, family and never giving up. It isn't about what yoiu can't do, it is about what you can. Never, Never, Never give up.

24-Jun-10
You can try but you can't keep a good man down.

Nice to see he's out hunting...and from that pic it looks (?) like he went bear hunting with Bill Clinton.

24-Jun-10
I always love to hear Tred's thoughts. I have been a compound hunter since 2003 when I picked up the bow for the first time, but now because of Tred, I have decided to go Barta style and make a change to traditional equipment. I just finished my first homemade laminated recurve, and love shooting it. Never thought I'd love getting rid of the training wheels so much.

Barta, you are the MAN! Hope to hunt with you some day.

Keep slingin,

J

24-Jun-10
I sure do admire Tred Barta.

24-Jun-10
Tred You are truly inspirational I could not do what you are doing. God has truly pick you and sent you to give us all a message. God bless >>>--->

24-Jun-10
Tred, I just read the other morning during some quite time with the Lord and was meditating and reflecting when the topic of ordinary and extraordinary entered in my mind.It takes very little faith and partnership with God to do the possible things in life, but it takes great faith and a close partnership with God to do and achieve the impossible! The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is Extra, and you have always had the extra in you. I am praying for you my brother in Christ and fellow outdoorsman. Get well.

24-Jun-10
Thank you Tred. Thank you for your honesty, attitude, time and words. God bless and be with you and Annie.

24-Jun-10
.............that's how you keep after IT !!

drive...determination .......... non stop......INSPIRATION !

Thank you for taking the time Mr Barta , and can't wait to see the new hunting shows !!!!!!!

Keep after It brother .

24-Jun-10
Tred, so many posts and I have not read the first one. I dropped to the last one only to post this... . I admire and love you for your persiverance and strength. I wish you nothing but the best for your future and hope to hear more interviews in the very near future.

You're an inspiration to say the very least. A hope for all of us to appreciate what we have and how precious it is to not take for granted what we have.

Thank you so much.

25-Jun-10
I truly admire Tred for the way he's handled this. It seems likely he'll never walk again but is living his life as fully as possible, The hard way-the Barta way!

Good for you Tred & God Bless you!

25-Jun-10
We all love You Tred, God bless !

25-Jun-10
God Bless you Tred. I hope you have many many more years chasing wild game with your bow.

28-Jun-10
Tred,

My prayers for you and your family. Your testimony is both inspiring and encouraging. I've often enjoyed your shows and determined spirit.

I was paralyzed in Nov of '02 in a tree stand accident and, like you, have embraced the challenges I have been dealt....but only with God's abundant grace.

Also, thanks to Pat for giving us a forum to reach out to our fellow bow hunters. I have been humbled by the generosity of several on this site who have reached out in a very selfless way to offer a kind word, support, prayers or to help me fulfill a lifelong dream I thought was lost since my accident.

Best Wishes, Tred and I would be glad to discuss with you some of the tricks I've learned about to keep me out in the woods.

Dan

28-Jun-10
Tred, your attitude and outlook are inspirational! May God bless you and your family!

05-Aug-10
Tred

I just wanted to say thank you and to let you know that you have encouraged me to believe in myself again and to look forward to bow hunting. Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you and your injury to encourage others. I was injured in 2005 and I am now disabled how ever I can still bow hunt and fly fish. Thank you for showing us how we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. GOD BLESS & YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS

Deuteronomy 28:1-8 J Hebert

05-Aug-10
Look forward to seeing you on TV again. Prayers for you and yours

18-Aug-10
Hey Tred, Just wanted to let you know you are a true inspiration. I am hoping that I can touch as many peoples hearts and souls as you have .You have what so many people lack . True passion . Athough we may never meet face to face I am honored and humbled to even know of you. I look forward to your hunting season this year . God bless you and your family and God bless America ! Terry

19-Aug-10
Tred, First, I'd like to say that intitally when I saw your show on VS, I didn't particularly like you. In my mind, you were just another big shot, too much money, filming my show for TV type. The fact that you shoot ONLY a longbow, and, more importantly, have Dan's respect gave you a couple, admittedly gruding, points in my book. However, since this tragedy has befallen you, you've earned my outright respect - IF shooting a Griz at 10 yards with a longbow didn't!!

I truly don't believe that I would be able to go forward in the straight up, 'man up' way that you have, and god help me, I hope I never have to find out.

That said, I'm looking at buying an outfitting business in the next year, (only about an hour and a half drive from you) and I would be personally honored - if all works out well - to have you be my first client. FREE. Film it or not, I don't care. I'd just like to share MY camp with a man with the kind of intestinal fortitude to keep a bright outlook with all that's befallen you.

You won over a VERY cynical man with your forthrightness. God Bless, whether you decide to take me up on the offer or not!

27-Aug-10
Tred, you are the man. I just registered here to leave a message of support and to encourage others to throw a few bucks towards helping your family.

I've always loved your show - I know some don't, but screw'em. I can relate to your brashness, but I benefit from your constant appreciation of every detail around you which inspires me to be as appreciative. Last year in CO I crawled within longbow range of several bugling bull elk with a rifle on my back only a deer tag in my pocket. I had to take it all in (I've never shot an elk) and appreciate how lucky I was to just be there. I think you're part of the reason I could just appreciate that when I'm deer hunting, I get to see elk; when elk hunting, I seem to see deer; but at least I'm hunting!

Your interviews posted here hit deeper - rather than wallow in despair you are allowing your light to shine and it encourages both my faith and my hope to have a marriage like yours.

I'm not in a great $ situation right now, but I can't imagine what the Barta clan is going through. Folks, please donate to his cause and trust that he will find the best way to use your contribution.

29-Aug-10
May God be with you Tred

26-Sep-10
Tred, I have reserved you a spot on my trip to Alaska fish and duck hunt combo, Sept 18th -23rd 2011. I've been there 8 times and it just get's better. Unbelievable fishing for silvers 10-18 lbs. All shallow river and easy access and fantastic guides. My motto "What ever it takes we'll make it work.

RR

29-Dec-12
God bless ya tred...................

• Sitka Gear