Bwana4 15-Jul-09
Stan NJ 15-Jul-09
seamus4 15-Jul-09
DonSchultz 15-Jul-09
TradTech 15-Jul-09
JERSEY BOB 03-Aug-09
buff1 14-Oct-10
06-Jul-09
Hope you did well Pat! Antonie is a great guide and big enough to tackle the Buff if needed! Can't wait to hear the Mozambique hunt is on my radar!

06-Jul-09
tim, just book the hunt already! Pat...Glad to see you made it home safely, can't wait to hear about the adventure.

06-Jul-09
Whats the hold up???? Its killin me tic tock tic tock.....

06-Jul-09
Bring it on!!!

06-Jul-09
Congrats Pat! I can't wait for Day 2-8. Very cool!!

06-Jul-09
Let's hope there aren't any elk around to educate the buffalo. he he he he he

06-Jul-09
Hmmm....8 days. Seems a little short compared to the previous hunts. I'm just sayin'... 8^)

06-Jul-09
Oh, this is gonna suck! How am I going to get any work done waiting for the next installment!

06-Jul-09
Strap in everyone!! Here we go!! Good luck Pat! C

06-Jul-09
"Bucket List"...yep. I can relate. Knock 'em dead.

06-Jul-09
My heart skipped abeat when the Bowsite home page opened up today. You obviously made it back ok, at least well enough to type anyway. Can't wait for the rest of the story!! Is it tommorrow yet?

06-Jul-09
can't wait until day 7. with pat nothing happens until the end.

06-Jul-09
Bou,you're forgetting this is Pat. The potential for things happening that will make the black mamba story look tame will keep me checking in every day. I heard the briefing Ken Moody gave him at the MHH. The potential for bad things happening was great. Throw Pat in the middle of that and hang on.

06-Jul-09
Welcome back Pat! Watching your video certainly brings back the memories from last year. Hopefully good luck came your way.

Richard

06-Jul-09
Great Stuff

-TINK

06-Jul-09
What was your setup?

06-Jul-09
I love mozambique. I spent two years there as a missionary. I didn't get a chance to hunt but I am really excited to see how you do. Maybe a return visit with a buffalo hunt is in order in a few years.

07-Jul-09
OK,I'm confused. Am I saying something wrong? Looks like I'm the only one with the edit option attached to their posts.

07-Jul-09
The picture of the remote village is amazing. Hard to believe that in this day and age, there are still people living in grass huts. I'm too "westernized," I guess....

07-Jul-09
Nice lion proof fence around the compound.

LBB

07-Jul-09
Hunting dad - thats because you CAN edit your post to correct spelling, punctuation or change the words. Only you can see it because its your post. Its the same for everyone here; you can only edit your posts.

It would be 'entertaining' if we could edit others posts though! :-)

>>>>>----------------->

07-Jul-09
Man, I love the POV camera. Keep the great footage coming!

07-Jul-09
Great stuff so far...Seems like just a couple weeks ago I was riding the Argo...Oh wait, it was just a couple weeks ago!~

LBB - no lions in that part of Mozambique. One of the only areas in the world where you'll find Buffalo but no lions.

Pat - how were the bugs/critters in the swamp at night?

07-Jul-09
Pat, was it a pain getting rid of those stickers in your hands? Would they affect your grip drawing your bow?

07-Jul-09
I can't imagine staying in that swamp at night. I went back to camp every night and I was covered in bug bites from head to toe.

The Argo is definately a love/hate relationship. Hated riding in the thing, but beat the heck out of walking to the swamp! The Agro would be great if you only had a right leg. Nowhere for the left leg to go! And couldn't they find somewhere else to put the exhaust! This was my second hunt using an Argo and the experience isn't getting any better. Great machine, poor design.

07-Jul-09
I really miss that swamp! I would have loved that Argo ten years ago

07-Jul-09
The Predator camo blends perfect in that swamp! C

07-Jul-09
This is great - When I used to think of African hunting or safari, this is the kind of hunt I always thought about.

Wish Pat the best of luck.

07-Jul-09
Certainly not a disco hunt. Great idea using the POV camera - makes you think you're right there. Who was the Sarah Palin wink for in the middle of the second stalk??

08-Jul-09
Congratulations to Ricardo Longoria on his harvests!

08-Jul-09
I think I found the danger in the grass, not sure what it is, the lion comments above means it's not what I thought.

08-Jul-09
I think I see a buffalo horn...

08-Jul-09
Looks like a horn just above and slightly left of the center of the photo.

"Nasty Grits" Sounds like a new food item for MHH.

I've got to learn the technique involved in "forcing yourself to sleep"

08-Jul-09
mamba tail in the lower left corner. how long was that snake?

08-Jul-09
I think that there is something that you cannot make out for sure right in the middle of the grass...Perhaps a warthog or something...

08-Jul-09
Humpin Hippo?????

08-Jul-09
Looks like a snake in the lower right corner.....Pat always finds snakes!

And there are horns in the center of the picture....

08-Jul-09
First thing I looked for was a snake, but I think I see a horn tip. Pat, what's the first thing that you thought of as the buffalo charged toward you? Besides the fact that it was your idea to try that.

08-Jul-09
If it's any consolation, they probably wouldn't have been able to tell what you were wearing:)

08-Jul-09
Pat, uhhh.... it's not the sneaks, bro ;-)

08-Jul-09
Heard Ricardo did quite well in Namibia also, Congrats to him! Pat quite a hunt so far, I really like the pucker factor! I would be at home in the swamps!

08-Jul-09
Pat- Seems Ricardo has been quite the Bowhunter for years. Can you tell us something about the man?

08-Jul-09
could be humpin hippos but I think I see a buffalo horn.

08-Jul-09
You'll definitely be able to outrun those buff in the high-tops!!

08-Jul-09
Pat - What kind of tents are youenz using?

Thanx

08-Jul-09
Pat, Kudos to you for just having the balls to go on a hunt this dangerous for such a dangerous animal with a bow! I like the fact your not high fenced and your in austere conditions. Should I ever be able to afford another trip to Africa I would like to hunt under similar conditions as your now experiencing. Not that I like misery, I got enough of that during 21 years in the military, I believe a trophy hard earned means more to you and sounds like you will definitely earn your Buff on this hunt. Best of luck!

09-Jul-09
""My first thought was that I didn't want to die wearing hi-top converse sneakers. I looked like a total fag in those things.""

Now that's funny!!!

09-Jul-09
I thought the danger look looked like a hippo. I should have zoomed in closer. The horn is clearly visible. Maybe I was thrown off by Pat's comment about the hippo's grunting.

09-Jul-09
I love the gear used pics. "Bowtech, Muzzy, etc. and then Converse Chuck Taylors" :)

09-Jul-09
how is having 800 buff run by you at 10 yards not a good spot, and it is better to move to another location?

09-Jul-09
All those beasts that close and no shot??? Tred would have been flinging some arrows...8^)))

10-Jul-09
Pat....Congratulations on a superb buffalo. I am sure you know that the bull you've killed is THE trophy buff of a lifetime. An old, worn down bull like that is what every real buffalo hunter seeks. He will have a distinguised position on your wall for sure especially as he was taken totally in the wild. That type of hunt is exactly why I advise staying away from SA buff hunts. You cannot compare one to the other. I hunted that same area and was in that same tree just two weeks ago and I can promise everyone that it is a tough, mentally draining experience. Pat's shot placement was perfect. Unfortunately, most are not which is why I believe that area is far too dangerous to bowhunt buff for the average client. If the shot is not right the buff is in the razor grass and someone has to go in after him. A recipe for disaster IMO. I am off today to look at another area in Mozambique that is better suited for bowhunting as the area is more typical bushveldt and a traditional track and stalk hunt is the norm. Again, tremendous buffalo taken the right way. Congratulations! One question though, how did you ever see over the razor grass? :^)

Ken Moody

10-Jul-09
Always great to see someone chase their dream and take it with both hands. Congratulations Pat, one very well earned trophy

10-Jul-09
Amazing hunt! Best one yet. I have actually been giving a day by day rundown to a hunting buddy who has a broken computer. Found it hard to describe how the bull looked at Pat after it was shot. I thought for sure it was headed his way even though I had already read the story. Did I mention I enjoyed it?

10-Jul-09
Sweeeeet! Great footage- congrats!

I'm guessing broadhead test........

10-Jul-09
Congratulations.

10-Jul-09
Congratulations Pat! What a great trophy!

10-Jul-09
Thank you for sharing Pat. I enjoyed following the hunt...first thing I did every morning!

10-Jul-09
congrats on a really great trophy, glad you were able to find that bull again in such a big herd. any more pictures and what did you do for the rest of the days - was buff the only trophy you were after. a great hunt and i enjoyed the postings on a daily schedule.

10-Jul-09
congrats on a really great trophy, glad you were able to find that bull again in such a big herd. any more pictures and what did you do for the rest of the days - was buff the only trophy you were after. a great hunt and i enjoyed the postings on a daily schedule.

10-Jul-09
Congrats Pat!

Now what are you going to do with a 90 lb bow? Assuming you get it back.

LBB

10-Jul-09
Oh one thing more, next time, (and I'm sure there will be a next time) bring gloves and knee pads.

LBB

10-Jul-09
Nothing like the sweet delicious taste of success!

Enjoy it...you earned it Pat!

10-Jul-09
great job pat!

10-Jul-09
Incredible hunt Pat ! I couldn't wait to get in the office this week to read your post. We were all pullin' for ya'.

10-Jul-09
Congratulations Pat! Great shooting under pressure. How well did you sleep that night?...lol

10-Jul-09
you have the lion, leopard, and buffalo............when do the the last 2 of the big five go down?

hippo anyone?

elephant?

10-Jul-09
Guys: I had the pleasure last night of seeing the footage on Pat's big screen TV with his new HD video camera he used on this hunt. The clarity of the HD and detail is beyond words. The DVD will be amazing!!

It was interesting to sit there in Pat's trophy room watching this with his wife and three kids and see how they kind of "expect it" of dear ole Dad! This is truely an amazing accomplishment that you NEVER see on any TV shows.

Simply awesome! C

10-Jul-09
RIGHT ON!!!!!

Great stuff, as always.

Congratulations on a phenomenal trophy. You deserve it!

10-Jul-09
Wow, what a read!!!

I was sitting here at work half dead wishing I was anywhere but here and then rememembered to check in on the Buff hunt.

As I read further down the page, after yet another close call, I got the point of the shot and suddenly I was in the hunt. Heart racing, reading faster and faster till finally the beast was down!!! The adrenaline rush isn't as intense this way but it beats the heck out of normal workday activities!!!

Congrats Pat, there's nothing more satisfying than achieving a lofty goal that you have set for yourself. To top it off you did it your way, not taking the easy way or the quick way but working and waiting till you were able to do it your way. We should all be so lucky someday to achieve that level of success!!

Congrats again!!

Now go get that elk!!! ;)

10-Jul-09
Damn! Congratulations Pat. Mike

10-Jul-09
Can't wait for the DVD! WOW! Congratulations! Darrin

10-Jul-09
Congratulations!!! What did you think when he stopped and looked at you?

10-Jul-09
Congrats Pat. Sounds like it was a great hunt.

10-Jul-09
Congrats! In my opinion you could not have taken a better bull. You likely killed the oldest, most experienced buffalo in that herd which is such a great accomplishment.

10-Jul-09
Congrats Pat!! Great writing as well. I felt like I was in the Razor grass with you:)

10-Jul-09
Congrats Pat, it suspect it means a heck of a lot more to you than getting it on the first go-round. Great write-up, thanks for bringing it to us.

What's next? Elephant?

10-Jul-09
I enjoyed that, great job.

10-Jul-09
Awesome job Pat....you are the man! There is nothing better, IMO, than a species one dreams about, which they don't get on the first go round, but keeps after it because the dream lives on inside. Inspiring story to read, especially after the past two attempts. Well done.

10-Jul-09
Talk about sensory overload. I was on edge at the first shot, bummed by the miss and then way up on the kill shot. Well written and well done Pat.

10-Jul-09
Congrats. Thank you for sharing that with me/us. I'm sure after 3 tries that tasted pretty sweet. What happened to the P.O.V. cam???

10-Jul-09
Great story and video and a fantastic hunt. Congrats on a great bull!!!

10-Jul-09
Great hunt, great job..Congrats.. Africa is an amazig place!!!

10-Jul-09
Way to go Pat!!!!

Wow, not even a close-up mamba encounter!! ;-)

>>>>>----------------->

10-Jul-09
Truly a magnificent buffalo. You've out did yourself this time Pat.

Congratulations and thanks for the story and videos.

10-Jul-09
Congrats Pat!!!!!!!!! A great read....really outstanding. The video is great....talk about a pressure packed one arrow shot.....Congrats again you earned that one!!!!!!!!

10-Jul-09
Awesome Pat! Congrats, that is so cool!

Really enjoyed the hunt and I could feel your gratitude, relief and pleasure of finally getting a critter that you had worked so hard for. The story and film clips were great.

Dave

10-Jul-09
Congratulations!!! What did you think when he stopped and looked at you? well if we could look in the bottom of those hot sneakers we would really know what he was thinking

10-Jul-09
Awesome......Congrats Pat. You earned that one.

10-Jul-09
Awesome trophy and excellent writing! I felt the pain and frustration and then the elation.

How long before you get the mount back?

Looking forward to seeing you and the family again at Shiloh. It's Abby's turn to shoot a hog now! :-)

Your Friends,

Matt & Cheryl

10-Jul-09
WOW!!!!! That was awesome Pat, congratulations on a hunt and animal of a lifetime!!!

10-Jul-09
CONGRATULATIONS PAT!!! Awesome bull, awesome hunt.

10-Jul-09
SO SWEET! Congrats on a superior hunt and THE BULL OF 10 PEOPLES LIFETIME! Thanks for taking us along, it was a glorious ride.

10-Jul-09
YEEEEEHAAAAWWWW!!!!!

Congrats Pat! I've followed you through a lot of hunts for the last 10+ years, glad to see another dream come true for you.

Now it's time for the bull elk to drop this fall and break both of your curses in the same year.

10-Jul-09
Congratulations Pat! What a fantastic hunt. You earned this one for sure. Thanks for telling and showing the story.

Dave

10-Jul-09
CONGRATS Pat! Simply Awesome - start to finish!

10-Jul-09
Awesome... just awesome. Great trophy, hunt, and a an awesome story to watch unfold. Congrats.

10-Jul-09
You made my last several days of these normaly dog days of summer ,BULLISH! As old Teddy Rooosevelt used to say. Wow, Thanxs a million!

10-Jul-09
Awesome! Amazing!

10-Jul-09
Outstanding! Great hunt! Great story! Great video! Great bull!

10-Jul-09
pat -

what really made this special to follow was you really HUNTED africa. it seems most of the trips over there have folks going over, having a great time, and killing a lot of stuff from the blind. nothing wrong with that, but what you did was truly hunt it like very few of the experiences recounted here do.

10-Jul-09
Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

10-Jul-09
That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Pat.

10-Jul-09
That's how I'd love to hunt Africa....thx for sharing

10-Jul-09
huh,

I have never even thought about hunting Africa as for me, there is so much right here- but that looked like a heck of an adventure!

Nice job sir and congratulations.

So what is the secret surprise?

Something with the meat???

michael

10-Jul-09
Congrats! Must be great to finally feel the success after those other trips. Makes it that much sweeter I bet. Great hunt. Great animal.

As far as the tennis shoes...

Like the bear huntin' story. Good ol boys are going bear hunting and at the truck one of em puts on a pair of tennis shoes. His buddy laughs and says "What, you think you can outrun a bear with those! HA!" Buddy says "Nope, just have to outrun you..."

Thanks again for taking us along. Pretty cool.

10-Jul-09
Congrats Pat!!!!! Now you need to find that big 6x6 bull!

10-Jul-09
Congrats.. Pat

10-Jul-09
WOW!!! What a conclusion to a life long dream. Congrats again. That last picture of you and your bull has amazing composition and color. What did you do to the settings compared to the previous one? mn, I think the suprise has to do with some ancient african tradition involving buffalo testicles and the proud hunter, you know, like dances with wolves kinda stuff.

10-Jul-09
Pat, I've come to work early everyday this week so I could go hunt Cape Buffalo with you for a few minutes! Thank you for this hunt and the previous ones. Can't wait to go elk huntin this fall.

Congratulations, Jeff

10-Jul-09
Thank you for letting us "tag along" on your hunt. Most of us will never have the money (or inclination) to do what you have done.

I retract my earlier theory that Lefemine meant "the feminine one."

;0)

10-Jul-09
WOW what a great hunt....congrats

10-Jul-09
Awesome adventure!! A super trophy! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations in "a" fullfillment of a livetime. DD

10-Jul-09
Awesome Pat! Gongrats!

10-Jul-09
Third time is a charm! Way to go Pat!

10-Jul-09
Great Job Pat! Story was also great, only you should have held out until the last day to keep us in suspense!! :) LOL

10-Jul-09
Pat,

What an adventure! Thanks for sharing with us!

I do want to comment on the tastefully done kill photos. They were exceptional! Too many times on the "wack 'em 'n stack 'em" videos on TV the hunters forget to compose their pics. Yours were just great! Congrats again on a great hunt!

Larv

10-Jul-09
Nice job! Congrat's Pat!

10-Jul-09
Congrats Id like to know how your equipment performed for you broadhead, arrow, ect.

10-Jul-09
Congratulations! Thanks for giving me the chance to share the ride.

Well done!

10-Jul-09
You know Pat, you really did give us a wonderful gift of sharing all the moments of this, your milestone hunt. Your dream of taking one of the world's truly awesome game species with a well-placed arrow is I'm sure shared by many, many bowhunters around the world. It certainly has been my ultimate dream to take one. But you took it so much further for all of us by telling the real story about the challenges in over 40 days hunting them, plus showing us that a strong will to succeed, real patience and dogged determination make things happen in life. Dreams will never happen if you have any doubts about them coming true. Your taking of the oldest, smartest, toughest bull in that large herd speaks volumes to the rewards of chasing your dreams. I hope to someday find my arrow burried as deep in one of those most worthy bulls. When that happens I could honestly lay down my bow for good and die a happy man, because it does not get any better than that for the serious bowhunter. Well Done Pat.. We all feel your jubulation and triumph and your smile in the last pic says it all. Congrats!! Rich Reinert

10-Jul-09
Only fitting it ended with such a gnarly ol' toad of a bull.

Quick end for him to a life well-lived.

Exciting end of a longtime dream for you.

10-Jul-09
WOW, what a phenomenal hunt! That is one truly outstanding cape buffalo bull, a much better trophy than a younger but higher scoring bull. It reads like the adventure was world class in every regard.

10-Jul-09
Incredible!

This was THE BEST live or semi-live hunt I've seen on Bowsite, and I've liked all of them.

It is SO good, I showed it to a non-hunting co-worker today at work when things got slow on Friday afternoon.

She's an Ivy League MBA who lives in NY City, but she grew up in Pa. and is open minded about hunting. She was impressed. I think it gave her a whole new perspective on bowhunting's challenges.

10-Jul-09
That is as close as I am going to get to Africa. Well done Pat; thank you for sharing and giving us all this place to visit and learn.

11-Jul-09
To quote Pat. "Oh Shit"

Holy cow that was extraordinary!

Pat where is the POV cam?

11-Jul-09
Congratulations Pat,

I have followed all of your other hunts and this one was by far the best in coverage, story, picture quality, and emotion. Today, my hands were sweating as I read through your roller coaster of a day. I think I'll sleep better tonight just having read about your success; your victory pillow for that night must have felt sooooo good.

Filming your own hunt is a blessing and a curse, and takes determination and sacrifice to do it right. Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us.

11-Jul-09
Pat, all I can say is WOW! Just an amazing accomplishment. What are the odds the King of the swamps would walk right by when there were hundreds to choose from. You deserve this guy more than just any of the "ordinary" buffalo. Congratulations!

11-Jul-09
Every morning before work I would read and watch your daily pursuit of Cape Buffalo. This hunt was by far the most entertaining and exciting on bowsite.

Congratulations on a dream fulfilled!

11-Jul-09
Awesome hunt. Congrats Pat, after all the time spent chasing the cape buffalo, you deserve it. Great job!

11-Jul-09
Congrats Pat. Best most well written hunt I've read in a real long time, it actually had my heart pumping.

11-Jul-09
What does a hunt like this cost and is it accepted as an expense by internal revenue for tax purposes? It is none of my business but I could not resist asking.

11-Jul-09
Great story and film footage. No Monday Night RAW here! It's the real deal. Congrats on a successful and safe hunt. What a awesome memory and trophy.

I smell an endorsement deal with Converse!!!!! A new camo BUFF pattern especially for hunters.

11-Jul-09
Pat, Heartfelt congratulations!

Also, it was great to share in the adventure.

Take care, Chris

11-Jul-09
Pat, we were enjoying it so mucn that it was too short a hunt!!! I am sure you disagree as this buff took some walking about...

11-Jul-09
What a great hunt. Pat I hope you get the big six.What is your next DG hunt?

11-Jul-09
If someone saw me in front of the computer as I read your story, that person would have labeled me a "total fag" as I had tears of joy rolling down my face. And I am not even wearing sneakers. Pat, congrats on a fine animal and harvesting your nemesis. Now those elk had better watch out!!

12-Jul-09
Great Job Pat: We all know how hard these Buufalo hunts have been for you. Those of us that have in our own way known you and followed your adventures are proud of your dedication to bowhunting, and honor your love for the sport. You deserved this, and I for one am proud to "Know You". Can't wait to now see the great Monarch Bull Elk fall. Yendor

12-Jul-09
Great Bull... I always have been fasinated by animals that keep thier head gear for life. It becomes the history of thier lives... every chip .....rub....brooming.. a missing chunk... all a chapter. It looks like this old boy had a tale to tell. I'll take character over inches any day....

12-Jul-09
Pat thanks for culling that bull out of the heard.Been gone myself the last two weeks good job.

13-Jul-09
Sweet! Congrats

Dan

13-Jul-09
waaaahoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13-Jul-09
Boy I think I'd have to have a picture of him looking back at ya after you done put an arrow in his lungs. Too bad he wasn't facing you with his left side showing your white fletching of your arrow. Only if he knew what you had just done to him, a last charge to the bow hunter. You thought he might. Mike

13-Jul-09
Great hunt and great story... Many CONGRATS!!!

13-Jul-09
""PAT""....Congrats!.........Herm

-}}}}}}}}}}}--------------->

13-Jul-09
There is not much of anything I rate as first class all the way but this is it. The MOST IMPRESSIVE THING IS THE PRIOR TAGS HE ATE AT GREAT COST AND FRUSTRATION! GREAT HUNT, GREAT SPORTSMAN, TOP OF THE LINE FAIR CHASE WITH PERSONAL DANGER. SETS A STANDARD.

14-Jul-09
Question for Pat - Aside from tent question, did you use the bleeder blades on the Phantoms, or was the deep penetrating shot, 2-bladed?

Thanx

14-Jul-09
Pat-

Great hunt and great bull!

what is “the triangle” on a cape buffalo?

14-Jul-09
pat any chance of getting muzzy to drop the two year old kansas deer ad in favor of the new buffalo footage. a little updating would be neat.

15-Jul-09
The triangle is the area essentially under its left armpit- a heart shot. Most of the time an old bull has the skin worn away from years of rubbing and the area has a pink skin tone to it.

15-Jul-09
Pat....the footage was outstanding and I couldn't wait to see each days entry....Congratulations....hope you never come off that cloud!

15-Jul-09
How about some more days entries for the "after the kill" stuff. butchering, hauling out etc. Congrats on shooting the buff, but then what did you do?

15-Jul-09
I am generally unimpressed w' the African hunts I read about here and elsewhere on the web. IMO kinda like Spring bear in Canada over bait where someone else has done the work for a fee, and I felt would just be the shooter.

Pat's hunt is simply off the charts; spot & stalk, hundreds of yards of belly crawling, dangerous game, the baddest bull available, and the cleanest kill one will see.

Best video I've seen since your brown bear w' the long bow.

I thought for a moment you were in extremely deep trouble when the bull turned to face you post shot. And how the heck do you belly crawl through the grass, after the Black Mamba thing a couple of years ago?

I am blown away. Congrats to the Bowsite Master. You have my undying respect.

Don

15-Jul-09
Outstanding accomplishment Pat. Well deserved and perfectly executed. Congratulations X 10! I hope to "hear" the "live" version this coming spring.

Rog

15-Jul-09
Awesome shooting dude! I had no idea the vitals were that small.

03-Aug-09
See my post on the "heavy arrow" thread. I realized how big a good cape buff is; you be crazy!

14-Oct-10
Not to take anything away from Pat's experience, but i would advise anyone looking to hunt in Mozambique to look into Gert Saaiman of Saaiman Hunting Safaris and Andre van Deventer who are both up on rhino poaching charges in South Africa. Van Deventer's 2 brothers have already been convicted of rhino poaching and are state witnesses against Saaiman, their brother and George Clayton Fletcher of Sandhurst Safari's in South Africa.

• Sitka Gear