Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

how do i attract deer to my stand

PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
bow hunter 2009 06-Sep-09
The Old Sarge 06-Sep-09
Bou'bound 06-Sep-09
guidermd 06-Sep-09
KanSASBowHNTR 06-Sep-09
scentman 06-Sep-09
flyingbrass 06-Sep-09
Trophy8 06-Sep-09
Two Feathers 06-Sep-09
Gampaw 07-Sep-09
guidermd 07-Sep-09
thesquid 07-Sep-09
kellyharris 07-Sep-09
sbbow 07-Sep-09
Predator3 07-Sep-09
Storm 07-Sep-09
guidermd 07-Sep-09
fuzzy 08-Sep-09
DC 08-Sep-09
Videos

Big Kansas Buck Down
by Mr_steve

Self Filmed Hunts
by DC

DIY HUNTS.
by DC

A season to remember
by DC

Put Your Video Clip Here!

i have alot of deer in my area but i can never get them to come to my tree stand how do i attract them

It's often not a matter of getting them to come to your stand. It's one of setting your stand in the right place.

The Old Sarge

amen

install a deer crossing sign. haha. i'd say try moving the stand to the deer instead. if you are seeing consistant activity in a certain area, check the wind, check for a good tree with cover, and move the stand. if you prefer to stay where you are, you can try some scent or bait if conditions are right. good luck.

Hunt the deer not the tree. You need to move your stand to where the deer are going to be.

At the begining of the season I usually have to move my stand 2 or 3 times to get it right. If your stand is out a bit you can usually pattern the deer from there, then make a move as trails, food, cover, and behavior dictate.

move the stand to the deer for sure. I had a stand we called the 5 yard stand because you could only see 5 yards! killed deer, turkey, and hogs and saw other stuff as well!

You don't get them to come to you...you find them. Like everyone else mentioned, move your stand.

How much land are you hunting? If you have to pull deer in from neighbors properties to kill them - that's doable.

Take a nap. Works every time for me.

when you wake up from the nap, smoke a cigarette. works everytime

Best is to move your stand - next best is to use a camara with a good zoom lense, last is to use a drag line with some Trails End 309. Good luck!!

you can attract them but the best way to do that is thru vocals... You can either grunt or rattle to help or even do doe bleets...

You may be able to also use scent attractants also??

But the best is move to the thickest area you can find and get on a good trail and you will do just fine.

PEANUT BUTTER WORKS EVERY TIME

(((((EEEEE)))))

Get drunk the night before and smell like cigerette smoke and Jagermeister, have only 2 hours of sleep and take a nap at your stand. Also, make sure you take a shower with Irish spring soap and throw on lots of Old Spice after shave ... when you get done dry heaving, make sure your scope is clear ... Booner for sure!

paint your stand yellow so it looks like corn, that should attract them. if that doesn't work, go with the above post, that always works but i have better results with axe.

LOL

guidermd, It was drizzle raining when I went to pick my friend up to go hunting. Our stands were about 80 yards apart on two edges of a clearcut. I left before daybreak to get to my stand and he left later thinking he may push a dear to me. I saw him climb his stand with a "BRIGHT" school bus yellow rain suit on. The kind with the hood. Anyway, I took a nice eight pointer that morning. I do believe he was headed straight for the big yellow blob in the tree. Is that baiting????? He He.

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: how do i attract deer to my stand

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy