Bou'bound 26-Apr-10
sweet old bill 26-Apr-10
Ironbow 26-Apr-10
Rat 26-Apr-10
RNO 26-Apr-10
madlaz 04-May-10
31-Jan-10
Just wondering what brand you use...

A guy tried to sell me Scorpion Venom - Polymeric Bowstring Wax. Comes with a little round leather peice to fold around bow sting to creat heat so the wax melts better. Cost $9.99

I am wondering about the leather patch thing as i have no problem working the Bohning wax with my fingers.

Anyone know of this wax brand?

31-Jan-10
Yes thats what i use. it seems to work good

31-Jan-10
I use the BCY Brand

31-Jan-10
I forgot to mention I have Fuse strings on my new bow. I have Winnerschoice on my other bow and used a heavy waxy material i think it was something called tite???

I just want to make sure i use the right wax for this new bow.

31-Jan-10
Been using the Scorpian in the liquid form the past few years, very happy with it. The liquid form really gets all the way through the fibers, keeps it cleaner, better protected and does a better job with wear.

25-Apr-10
can i use candle wax on my bow string

25-Apr-10
candle wax?

26-Apr-10
just put the flame out first.

26-Apr-10
Bohning wax and just like you work it in with my fingers on the string and also the cables. A small piece of leather sure helps to work it into the fibers.

26-Apr-10
I have used a piece of leather to work the wax in for 35 years. Back then I only used beeswax.

26-Apr-10
Bohning seems to work the best on compounds and recurves and has for decades. I have some other brand also which is the the pitstick applicator string conditioner/wax and I think it's more of a gimmic.

26-Apr-10
I used the Scorpion on my Oneida Bowfishing rig, the string came from H&M and he uses the stuff. I have no complaints.

The string on my XLR came from Terminal Velocity (Michael Deck), has seen nothing but Dalton's and I have no complaints.

Is there really a bad wax if the user does their part or does it boil down to a matter of choice and availability?

04-May-10
try the String Snot works great not sticky and water proofs your string this is new but worth looking into

• Sitka Gear