Nitro1970 19-Feb-10
Zbone 19-Feb-10
Ackie 19-Feb-10
bowhuntr 20-Feb-10
bowhuntr 20-Feb-10
Extreme Predator 20-Feb-10
Grey Hair Bow 26-Feb-10
13-Feb-10
Lets see you guys homemade archery targets. Trying to get some ideas.

Thanx

13-Feb-10
build a box and buy some sand. i hear others say this works.

13-Feb-10
I had one that I made, it was 4 ft by 4 ft and 2 feet deep. made with 2x4s and plywood on top , bottom and sides. covered with old carpet and stuffed with used stretch wrap. had maybe 20 bucks in it, and had it for probably 6 yrs. just replace the carpet every year or so and it will last a long time.

14-Feb-10
i dont have a pic but i just cut rips of carpet that were 12" wide by 32" long and stacked them till it was like 34" tall then i put two 2x4s on the top and bottom and that were like 34" long and ran some all thread through them and tightend it down to desired compression lasts forever and easy arrow removal

14-Feb-10
take an old 100lb feed sack and shove it full of old rags.i hung mine from a tree limb in the yard. worked real good for a while until the bag wore out then i just took the rags and put them in a new bag still got it will stop arrows over 300fps too.

14-Feb-10

JW's embedded Photo
JW's embedded Photo
My target is similar to Ridgefires. I called a commercial carpet store and asked if they had any 2x2 carpet square remnants and they gave me a bunch for free. It was left-over from a job they did and they had no use for it. Pile it up as high as you want and shoot it as much as you like! This is a picture of mine, its 2 years old and still stops arrows like a champ and the price is right!!!

14-Feb-10

weighttrain_2000's embedded Photo
weighttrain_2000's embedded Photo
I'll be using these targets for the forth consecutive season. They are very inexpensive and durable.

insulation board = $25.00 (8x4x2) small burlap bag = $1.50 large burlap bag = $2.50 shrink wrap/plastic = free total spent for all three = $29.00

money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

16-Feb-10
I have heard of a layered celing tile target compressed? Has anyone built this type before? Layered and compressed.

16-Feb-10
I built out of 2x 6's and 2x 4s a box 8 feet high in front, maybe 5 feet in back, slappa slanted roof on with overhang for weight, and the base extends 4 feet while the raget is maybe 2 feet deep. Wrap in chicken wire, staple carpet on the front, stuff with rags. I have had mine for 2 years and I expect it will be 10 years before I replace anything other than the carpet. And it stops any arrow from any bow, not more than 6 inches penetration.

16-Feb-10
do a search for this on the site. i asked this question about three months ago and got a lot of good responses. i used a burlap bag filled with plastic shrink wrap. it works great and was practically free. the only cost was $1.95 for the bag.

there is also a good thread on stickbow about this as well as archery talk.

19-Feb-10
I ain't got no pictures but for field tips I just get a garbage bag and fill it with old clothes. Just cut the buttons, zippers and other junk off.

19-Feb-10
Thanx for sharing folks.

19-Feb-10
I think I am going to make a box type target filled with compressed clothing. The only down fall to this type of target is the weight it looks like.

20-Feb-10

bowhuntr's Link
The one one the right.

A couple of 2X6's framed up,stuffed with old upholstery sofa cushions covers(FREE) from local re-upholstery shop covered on the outside with carpet from a new housing development(FREE).

In all about $10.

20-Feb-10

bowhuntr's Link
Sorry wrong pic,lets try this again.

20-Feb-10
RAGS IN A FEED BAG SOUNDS GOOD.

I USE COMPRESSED STYROFOAM AND EVEN FLOATING STYROFOAM FOUND AROUND MARINAS AND WATERFRONTS.

THAT AS BACKING AND GOOD OR 3D TARGETS IN FRONT . I HAVE SPENT A SMALL FORTUNE ON TARGETS OVER 56 YEARS...

AND SHOOT SO MUCH, ANY FREE MATERIAL HELPS.

SHOOT TO 70YARDS OUTSIDE 11 MONTHS PER YEAR AND INDOOR IN A GARAGE TO 18 YARDS WHEN NEEDED.

ARCHERY RANGE WE HAVE IN NORWOOD GOES TO 60 INDOORS NOW

BUT MUCH PREFER PRACTICE OUTSIDE OR FROM TREE STANDS

26-Feb-10
I have made a back drop/ stop for my indoor 23 yard bow shooting range. I took three old sleeping bags and filled them with clothes, blankets, rags and towels, no zippers or buttons. Piled them on top of each other, stops all my flyers, place my 3D deer, & Block in front of the bags; shooting 300fps, never a damaged arrow, easy to pull out.

• Sitka Gear