Bill in MI 13-May-10
Bill in MI 13-May-10
inthegate 28-Dec-10
inthegate 28-Dec-10
inthegate 28-Dec-10
medicinemann 28-Dec-10
inthegate 29-Dec-10
11-Apr-10
Hey I have a bunch of Black Bear claws and am gonna make a Mountain man necklace for fun. I am pretty sure how I am going to make it....would love to see some examples if anyone has one they have made. Believe it or not Boulder Colorado (liberalville) is homebase for me and I think I will start wearing it around town just to see what people say....ha...

11-Apr-10
Friend of mine, outdoor writer from CA has the most beautifull one I have ever seen. Talked to a jewler frined and asked what it would cost to do one like it. Lost all interest in having one done. All his claws were set in gold. But man it was pretty.

12-Apr-10
I was thinking of more wrapping the bases in rawhide and a few touches of maybe blue and red earthtone paint....sort of like and Indian might have....I want one to look authentic

Whoa set in gold sounds interesting for sure...

12-Apr-10
Adventurewriter,

I would like for you to post pics if you get the necklace done. I have been saving some claws for a couple of years to do just that but just never got around to it and I am not exactly a creative "artsy" kind of guy. Nothing fancy, but something along the lines of what you describe could be interesting and kind of neat.

12-Apr-10
i have claws and really want to make a necklace please posts some pics

13-Apr-10
I have several other projects going right now so it won't be anytime soon but for sure I will post a picture.

I'm not sure I am going to do it like this but if you were to cut maybe 1/4 inch 'wafers' from a small diammeter deer horn for spacers....and a few turquiose beads which should be easy to get online or a local bead shop it should be a good start. Really easy to take copper wire and make a clasp and pound it flat with a hammer so you have two opposing S shapes...

10-May-10

greatbasin's Link
This is a really basic claw necklace I did with canine teeth and lava and coral beads.

Photobucket

10-May-10

timberghost's embedded Photo
timberghost's embedded Photo
A few months back somebody started a Bear Claw Necklace thread and I posted this photo. This is an bear claw necklace made by an Algonquin Indian from the Eagle Village First Nation near Kipawa Quebec.

Greatbasin, That looks like the bottom jaw to a great white shark !! very neat that took some time to make....

Timber

11-May-10
those are both very cool.

12-May-10
Cool stuff....

12-May-10

moon's embedded Photo
moon's embedded Photo

12-May-10

moon's embedded Photo
moon's embedded Photo

12-May-10
Anyone have a good jeweler that can do a good job making a single grizz claw pendant? With just a simple silver or gold cap style…

13-May-10

Bill in MI's embedded Photo
Something like this?

here is mine....side 1

A small piece of inlaid elk ivory.

Bill in MI

13-May-10

here is mine....side 2

14k gold, platinum arrow, a ruby in the crude arrow head.

The piece it nicer in person of course and it is not particularly clean or shiny new any more.

So I'd say yes to the question above.

Bill in MI

28-Dec-10

inthegate's embedded Photo

inthegate's Link
hi guys! ... i also do claw work in pure silver ... i use gemstones etc, ...

i have a few web shops the main claw shop is: www.inthegate.etsy.com ...

to see the 'sold' claws, double click on the blue 'sales' on the left hand side and it will take you to the claws that have sold ...

i will include pics here too ... it you are interested contact me ... :0)

28-Dec-10

more styles: some are feminine styles ...

28-Dec-10

i have taken these pictures in SUPER macro mode to show as much detail as possible but it makes the claws appear 'ruff' ... they are actually hand buffed polished to a beautiful shine ...

28-Dec-10
Those are some pretty cool pieces.....I wish I had checked this thread BEFORE Christmas.....

29-Dec-10

thank you ...

lol ... oh well, maybe next christmas :0) ...

i just listed one in my shop that i set with black diamonds ... it came out nice ...

if you hear of anyone looking to have their bear claw set in a cap ... point them my way ...

happy new year! :0)

• Sitka Gear