Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear Minox USA 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

Harry Drake Bows

PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
wallace bryant 16-Aug-10
6-Gold 16-Aug-10
mathewsshooter 16-Aug-10
BSBD 16-Aug-10
mathewsshooter 17-Aug-10
barjo4 04-Oct-10
BTM 04-Oct-10
Videos
Put Your Video Clip Here!

Hello,

I picked up a Harry Drake Bow recently at an estate sale and was wondering if there is any information out there. I've been on the net and I just see a ton of information about him alone (what an incredible archer). The bow is in excellent cond. no stress, twist, or holes. Want to know if I can use it or should keep it in a safe place.

i would say use it, I new Harry Drake back in the day he had a lot of top Ca. archers shooting his bow, Rube Powell shot one for years, 5 time national champion. He also worked for Browning at the end of his career. 6-GOLD

you got a find i have 6 drakes and 20 flight bows

Is it a recurve or compound?

The compounds are more common and not worth too much but some of the recurves are more valuable.

I'm always interested in Drake recurves.

mine is all recurves

My late father used to saw laminations for a custom bow maker in Illinolis back in the 50s. His friend shot a Drake bow and as I recall, it was extremely flat shooting. This was long before the complicated bows of today. I think the Drake had something like 12 laminations.

A friend of mine knew Harry and shot his bows. I sent this thread to him; perhaps he'll chime in.

What little I know about flight bows is that they only have a limited number of shots in them.

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: Harry Drake Bows

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy