Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

big Bore Blowgun

PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
Willis5 13-Feb-11
wifishkiller 13-Feb-11
Willis5 13-Feb-11
wifishkiller 13-Feb-11
wifishkiller 13-Feb-11
bow assassin 13-Feb-11
Tracy 13-Feb-11
wifishkiller 13-Feb-11
Tracy 13-Feb-11
wifishkiller 13-Feb-11
fuzzy 14-Feb-11
TXHunter 14-Feb-11
Acoupstick 14-Feb-11
wifishkiller 14-Feb-11
J-ROD 14-Feb-11
TD 14-Feb-11
Leadspreader 14-Feb-11
Willis5 15-Feb-11
Matt 15-Feb-11
Houska 15-Feb-11
boothill 15-Feb-11
Zbone 15-Feb-11
Videos

74 Yard Coyote Bow Kill
by Mr_steve

squirrel
by dm/wolfskin

Recurve Bow Hunt for Small Game
by Tarponnut

Sweet Coyote Archery Hunt POV CamStrap
by fly4fish

Put Your Video Clip Here!

From: Willis5 (mobile)Sent from Mobile Phone Date: 13-Feb-11
With cabin fever at an all time high, I have resorted to shooting a Cold Steel big bore blowgun indoors. I'm practicing on stuffed animals and soda cans, and hoping my training pays off with a rabbit or squirrel or bird of some sort this season.

I love this thing!!!!

Had one for a year, they are a blast! I've shot a mess of small game and varmints with mine. The biggest animal I've tried for was a skunk and it worked great (plus none of them spray, 9 hits 9 kills).

From: Willis5 (mobile)Sent from Mobile Phone Date: 13-Feb-11
Really?!?!?!?!

What was your range and which darts did you prefer on squirrels?

I've always messed with blow guns since I was a kid lol. I use to make all my darts with different utility knife blades from the hardware store, 1/8 dowel, paper cone and supper glue (if you make then get thinned lead wire to wrap the shaft to get the weight up so you get good penetration). Now you can get the Razor Tip Broad Head Dart from cold steel and thats what I shoot most of the time for animals. I don't shoot any further then 10 yards on anything unless its a follow up shot.

I should have some pics around here somewhere of a few kills. I'll take a look, had my computer crash and lost a bunch but I should have a few.

wifishkiller's embedded Photo

This is the only one I could find right now.

Thats pretty cool wifishkiller but i honestly think your crazy for getting 10 yards from a live skunk for a shot lol

Does that blowgun have a string? I thought this was Bowsite?

I was waiting for this to come up lol. Tracy are you the one that had a bighorn tag this year in WY?

Tracy's embedded Photo

Yes, I had the sheep tag. Now I'm hunting predators with my longbow, not a gun, or a blowgun. :)

I hear ya, been trying hard to get a bobcat with the recurve. They are making it rough on me! How did you do on the sheep hunt?

Tracy, you may want to try Raid, for that bug up your butt ;-)

Pat even if this catches on please please do not change the name to Blowsite......

:P

TXHunter, that's hilarious. I can do without threads like "Who's the best blower on Blowsite"......

lol lol lol

My sons Nerf darts with the little suction cup on the end of them fit perfect in our cold steel blow gun.It makes for some fun rainy day shooting inside!!

ROTFLMAO!

Too funny. Good one TX..... and fuzzy....

Oh lighten up Tracy! Just another post, nothing to get upset about haha, ive been thinking about buying one, the stun darts would work good on the neighbors dog that always craps on the front yard.

From: Willis5 (mobile)Sent from Mobile Phone Date: 15-Feb-11
Those stun darts will leave a welt as bad or worse than a paintball gun... Go blowsite! LOL!

"Oh lighten up Tracy!"

That's like asking him to leave - either way you'd never see him post again.

Tracy, Is that a porcupine? I didn't realize a porcupine was a predator. Your a brave man for hunting those without a gun.

The Porkys are fun to watch actually. Seen as guy in NW Colorado one time walk up behind one on a road and stand on it's tail. The thing just kept moving his legs like it was actually going somewhere. But in reality they will kill your trees eating the bark off them.

From: Zbone (mobile)Sent from Mobile Phone Date: 15-Feb-11
tracy may know the difference between a bow and blowgun, but not sure he knows a longbow from a hybrid...8^)

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: big Bore Blowgun

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy