gil_wy 30-Aug-15
JW 30-Aug-15
cityhunter 30-Aug-15
gil_wy 30-Aug-15
cityhunter 01-Sep-15
cityhunter 01-Sep-15
Buffalo1 01-Sep-15
18-Jun-11
Below is an avg lope ive killed about 5 like this guy , but my quest for a Meaga lope begins this aug . So please if you have any pics of meaga lope please post some pics alive, dead, mounted thanks louis

18-Jun-11

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
No pics city? Here's one I shot a couple years ago 82".

18-Jun-11

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo
Another in the "Mega" category for my standards.

18-Jun-11
Those pictures are awesome. I am going on my first antelope hunt this September in Southern Idaho. Keep the pictures coming.

18-Jun-11

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo
Here is one that is in the unit where you have a tag, City. If he made the rifle season, you will have a good one to try put your arrow into.

18-Jun-11
One of our Prostaffers killed the CA state record. (pre Prostaff unfortunately). I'll ask him to post or let me post.

18-Jun-11

Matt Palmquist's embedded Photo
Matt Palmquist's embedded Photo
This one netted 83". Tons of mass.

19-Jun-11
www.PronghornGuideService.com if you want to see what makes a mega 'lope.

19-Jun-11
Here's a buck my good friend and hunting partner Shane shot many moons ago. Its mass was great and it was just over 17" and scored just over 86.

Photobucket

On that same trip I took this buck which was over 16' and scored about 82.

Photobucket

The sad thing is we both missed a buck that was much bigger than either of the ones we shot. We estimated it to be over 90". At the time I think it would have been the new Wyoming state archery record.

I wrote a story of that hunt called "King of the Aspens)(notice the photos and you will see aspens in each photo) and my photo made the cover of that magazine the month it was published.

I missed the megabuck the very first evening I sat by shooting underneath the buck at about 20 yards, after passing up almost 50 different bucks that day.

The next morning I told Shane he had to come and sit with me. As we sat there that morning we had a few smaller bucks come in, but nothing special. Shane was reading a book as I sat and just watched for antelope. Then I noticed a nice buck heading for the water. I told Shane, but he thought I was BS ing him, so he didn't look up. After telling him the buck was getting close and to get his bow, he said to me, without ever looking up, "If he's so big then you go ahead and shoot him." So I grabbed my bow and after I pulled back, Shane looked up and said "Let me get my camera." I whispered your too late for that, and shot the buck. He died within 10 yards.

As we tried to get out of the blind, I looked up and saw the mega buck heading down the hill to our waterhole. (It was the same buck I had missed the evening before.)

Shane had never shot out of a blind and as I whispered to him, he's 20 yards, he took aim but hit the bottom of the burlap hole and the arrow hit low into the water at the far edge of the pond.

About two days later he shot his little 86" buck.

It is a hunt I will always remember.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

19-Jun-11
In 2006 my son, Shane and I applied for antelope in Colorado and drew the tag. Early that fall my son fell from a treestand while elk hunting and was hospitalized and sent home after his operation. It so happened that both Cody and I had to give up our Colorado tags. He could not go as he was hurting too bad, and I had to stay and care for him.

So Shane went over by himself and took this nice buck which scored in the early 80's

Photobucket

Have a great bowhunt. BB

19-Jun-11
yes them are the mega lopes ive been looking for lol

19-Jun-11

city hunter's embedded Photo
city hunter's embedded Photo
HAA my pic didnt post this is my avg lope

19-Jun-11

Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
The current archery world record holder is a regular in here. He will likely not post but I thought I would ask him to post. Amazing animal...

Some great animals in here!! Bigger than anything I shot. The second post is the biggest antelope I have shot to date. We had actually seen this animal for many years but never got a shot. We named him Devil Horn. Had he had any prongs he would have been in the mid-80s instead of mid-70s.

All that being said. From my perspective a Mega goat is 85+ inches. Not many make it that big and only a few places in the states hold goats that big.

Here's a pic I found online of a huge goat with the caption from the site:

"Corky Richardson killed this outstanding buck during the 1999 archery season in Arizona's Unit 19A. The horns, with both sides more than 21 inches long, scored 90 2/8 inches, placing it third in the Pope & Young record book. The world record is held by Marvin Zieser at 91 4/8; Les Shelton's 90 6/8-inch buck sits in second place. Corky Ricardson's buck is also the current SCI archery world record."

19-Jun-11

Here's my biggest to date..

19-Jun-11

habu john's embedded Photo
habu john's embedded Photo
I may be going back to Wyoming this September depending on me drawing a bear tag at home. Here is the buck I was lucky enough to get with my longbow. habujohn

19-Jun-11

EliGrimmett's embedded Photo
EliGrimmett's embedded Photo
Here's my New Mexico archery buck from last year. It was my first archery buck. It scores 90" B&C and 92" SCI.

19-Jun-11
wow true meaga lope I guess if i see a upper 8os its easy to tell hes a shooter ...

19-Jun-11
Louis: 80 inches net qualifies for B&C awards and 82 inches net qualifies for all-time B&C. I always felt an archery kill qualifing for B&C net is the ultimate bow hunting trophy. JMHO! I hope you get that "megaLope"! C

29-Aug-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
I struck out on my quest for a mega lope my draw unit got closed week before the opener . I had to hunt a sub par unit it worked out, but the unit didnt hold the mega lope i was looking for next time .

29-Aug-15

i struck out on my quest :< but my friend sure made up for it .

Post them mega lope 80 plus !

29-Aug-15
I shot this buck on the season opener in Wyoming this year so it hasn't been officially scored yet. It should be close to 80. It was a great hunt.

29-Aug-15

JimG's embedded Photo
JimG's embedded Photo

29-Aug-15

29-Aug-15

JimG's embedded Photo
JimG's embedded Photo

29-Aug-15
Good luck in your quest, city....lopes sure are fun.

29-Aug-15
The one you got don't look too shabby, Lou.

Got any pics of him from the front?

29-Aug-15

Vernon Edeler's embedded Photo
Vernon Edeler's embedded Photo
Here is a cool one.

29-Aug-15

my best to date but not a mega, i only had a few days to hunt a unit i had never seen before .

29-Aug-15

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Man I love chasing Pronghorn! Some great animals here guys, congrats!

This is my most recent, not officially measured yet...may not qualify as "Mega".

29-Aug-15
cityhunter, I think that antelope would be considered mega in my book, same with yours sitO! Why do i like big lopers so much?

29-Aug-15
Nice buck Louis. Where's the Stars and Stripes?

30-Aug-15

gil_wy's embedded Photo
gil_wy's embedded Photo
84 2/8"

30-Aug-15
Louis, what did that buck score? Maybe it's a great picture but sure looks north of 80" to me....

30-Aug-15
Great bucks guys! Gil, how long are that bucks hooks? They're crazy big!

30-Aug-15
Gil killer cutters on that one!

30-Aug-15
I'd have to look at the score sheet but they were just shy of 8"...

01-Sep-15

I even did my own taxi work on my lope !

01-Sep-15

01-Sep-15
Nice lopes and nice taxi work Lou !! Congrats !!

• Sitka Gear