The Yode 01-Aug-11
stephen /oregon 01-Aug-11
Heat 01-Aug-11
tradorion 01-Aug-11
Snakeeater 01-Aug-11
chessie 01-Aug-11
Jdog 07-Aug-11
29-Jul-11
Wondering if anyone uses or has used a loadhualer frame with pods attached as a great bivy pack? I can't decide between that

option or a ZXR. The thing I like about the hauler frame is it looks like it would work well for hauling treestands and turkey blinds when I am not on a backcountry trip.

29-Jul-11
Kifaru is coming out with a new hunting pack on Monday (designed by Patrick and myself)... I would hold off until you get a look at the new model, as it may fit your needs better.

29-Jul-11
Will it be online to look at then as well?

29-Jul-11
Wait a second there Elkreaper! Don't tease us like that! What you got cookin over there?

29-Jul-11
Wait! Definetly wait!

29-Jul-11
how bout a little info? My Late Season will be here wednesday! Am i sending it back or something totally different???

29-Jul-11

WYelkhunter's embedded Photo
oh great I just got a set up from them this summer.. Hope this one isn't significantly better or I am going to have to sweet talk the wife....

any way here is my set up. In the first 2 pics is all my day hunt gear. Includeing and extra 32 oz of water in a platypus callapsable bottle and food. The pod is a small pod it is carrying my fleece jacket, cabelas space rain gear, hells canyon beenie, gloves, extra straps, para-chord and 5 cheepo game bags. The last 2 are to show it when packing in for several days or how it would be with boned elk meat and my day hunt gear. I think it is going to be a real nice pack. The pack empty for day hunt mode is 5 lbs 4.5 oz.

29-Jul-11

another

29-Jul-11

another

29-Jul-11

and one more

29-Jul-11
Haha. I've seen a photo of the prototype...looks pretty slick. Aron has been working with Patrick on this for awhile. Hang in there for a few more days guys.

29-Jul-11

29-Jul-11
Great.. My Kifaru UL pack will arrive Monday.. Jumped the gun again..

29-Jul-11
5lb 9oz

7200 Cubic inches

Available in Multicam, foliage and olive

26 inch stays ( UL or Aluminum option) ... Fits 16-23 inch torso

Doubled up 500D Cordura below sleeping bag zipper

500D on everything else

We designed this pack with the backpack/bivy hunter in mind.... Into the wilderenss with 40-70 and out with 90-150, and will also works perfect for a day pack.

Kifaru is also coming out with a few other items that are geared for the backpack hunter that work great with this new pack.

I'm in the wilderness at the moment, but will have the review ready to go on Monday.

Have a great weekend guys!

29-Jul-11
Sounds really really sweet. Any Idea when they will be available for order?

29-Jul-11
Aug 1st

30-Jul-11
I have also seen the pics of this pack. It truly is a pack built for hardcore backcountry hunting. What else would you expect from these two. Aron's in the back 40 more than some wild animals!

30-Jul-11
At 12000' there isn't much to obstruct a signal!

30-Jul-11
Sounds like a great pack if you are out for a week or so. I currently do 2-3 days with a Badlands 2200 but it is tight! I was looking at the UL 3700 to have a bit more room, but the stronger frame of the 5200 is appealing as well. 7200? - I don't think I want to stay out that long.

Of course, I'll have to check it out. You don't have to pack it full. And I'm always interested in new accessories!

I know!!! I'll just have to have Aron pack it around for me. Or I could just rent a horse...

30-Jul-11
ATTENTION: This new pack will be formally introduced on 8/15. Patrick asked that people do not start calling in monday. They are not ready nor are they going to be staffed to handle a volume of calls for this new pack. Thanks-Jim

30-Jul-11
Hmmmm Fair enough. Just post pics so w can start dreaming..

30-Jul-11
Patrick did state that Aron convinced him to build this one with some VERY USEFULL exterior pockets!! Large enough to handle spotting scopes and tripods. As much as i love Kifaru, no pockets has always been something that bothered me. Should be a serious pack which has been named the "TIMBERLINE".

31-Jul-11
Do we get any sneak preview pics? I know its just killing ya to be keeping this a secret :)

31-Jul-11
He should have a review with photos up on the Outdoor Life Live Hunt page tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure he'll post a link.

31-Jul-11
If it's not available for order till Aug 15 and takes 6 weeks to get, there will be no reason to order it for this years Elk hunts.

31-Jul-11
Right on the money bob. I was looking at the longhunter but lacked the funds to get one this year. I am very interested in arons review of this pack. Need to pick one for next year.

31-Jul-11
Will work for rifle deer and elk. phil

31-Jul-11
We wanted to make sure it was perfect, and that takes longer than you think :)

31-Jul-11
"The thing I like about the hauler frame is it looks like it would work well for hauling treestands and turkey blinds when I am not on a backcountry trip."

I use an mmr frame and cargo chair for hauling treestands and the frame alone for spot n stalk on the plains. It's the most used piece of gear I have and I couldn't live without it.

The frame gets attached to the underside of my LW alpha and the cargo chair gets attached through the topside of the platform. The stand looks like it's integrated into the frame. There is no better way to pack a stand.

31-Jul-11
Does this new pack have a duplex frame system?

31-Jul-11
Well Aron since you spilled the beans how about a pic or two atleast? Sheesh, you big tease!

31-Jul-11

THE ELK REAPER's embedded Photo

31-Jul-11

31-Jul-11
My review (along with a ton of photos) will be up on my Live Hunt page tomorrow afternoon.

I just got back from a backpacking trip, so sorry if I have not gotten to all of your PM's!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

01-Aug-11

01-Aug-11
Wow, I had to do a double take. That baby really compresses down. Oh by the way nice croc's

01-Aug-11
GOOD THING - glad I haven't put together the money for a new pack and was going to wait until after this season anyway.

BAD THING - I JUST got my purchase plan together and NOW I have to do it all again with this new pack in the mix!

Can't wait to see your review Aron.

01-Aug-11
Aron,

Pack looks very good. Quick ? if you have the insight on it. Is there any plans in the works for a similar pack in a 4500-5200 ci size in the future?

For what I do and need a 7200 ci pack is a bit more than what those normal needs would be.

01-Aug-11
Stephen,

Sounds like you are looking for something more like the Longhunter or the KU 5200. They dont have as many pockets but you still have a lot of options to compatmentalize if that is your thing.

01-Aug-11
I run a rig very much like WYelkhunter....

I use the pack frame, chair, 2 long pockets and either a small pack as my main bag or something like the spike camp duffle from Eberlestock.

I can un this for a 3 -4 day hunt no problems or stretch it to 6 with very little effort (and I am NOT a minimalist- so i like having my comforts)

01-Aug-11
I definitely like the slot pockets on either side for the scope and tripod. Could you put long things like tent poles or snowshoes in there as well?

01-Aug-11
Sweet - Looks like a combination between a zxr with the slot pockets and a Longhunter with a bit of the KU thrown in to keep weight down.

Now if I could only find the time to be gone long enough to need a pack that big - although it appears to compress down nicely

07-Aug-11
That looks money...Perfect for backcountry hunting.

• Sitka Gear