rodney482 10-Aug-11
Outdoordan 10-Aug-11
rodney482 10-Aug-11
primitve 12-Aug-11
Outdoordan 12-Aug-11
Hogleg 14-Aug-11
04-Aug-11

Outdoordan's Link
The new pants from First Lite have come in. These pants have a "traditional" fit, use the lightweight merino wool with rip-stop, are doubled in the pant/crotch, and knee area. They also come in some of the best camouflage patterns available, ASAT, MAX-1, Infintiy.

Additionally, we have a full line of tops, bottoms, and socks available.

First Lite uses the finest Merino Wool available, and is the first company to introduce Merino Wool to the hunting industry.

Check out the link above for pricing, then PM me for a coupon code for the "bowsite discount".

Bowsite Sponsor

04-Aug-11

Outdoordan's embedded Photo
The Kanab pant has suspenders that will keep your shirt from riding up your back, and the back of your pants from being pushed down. Everyone whom has thrown a backpack on and hiked hard knows what I mean ;)

04-Aug-11

The llano shirt is super soft 17.5 micron merino wool, and has thumb holes to keep it pulled down and tight for string clearance, plus it keeps the top of your hand hidden.

04-Aug-11

elkmtngear's Link
New website, Dan?

Can't seem to locate the Kanab pants in your online store??? I looked under the First Lite links, and also "clothing" "pants"

Best of Luck, Jeff

04-Aug-11
Yes, I have neglected to put them in and am feverishly trying to do that now!

04-Aug-11
Ok, it's in!

04-Aug-11

elkmtngear's Link
Ahh, there they are. Heat is starting to radiate from my wallet!

Best of Luck, Jeff

04-Aug-11
Don't fight it Jeff. You do need a new pair of pants ;)

04-Aug-11
Dan- I'm new to bowsite. What is your website?

04-Aug-11
Hunter27: Click on Dan's Supporting link on his first post and it will take you to his site! Welcome! C

04-Aug-11
First Lite are good people.

I bought a pair of Gila pants and had some problems with them. First Lite agreed to replace the Gila pants with Kanab pants.

The Kanabs arrived at my house today. I'm out of town until tomorrow. I can hardly wait to get home to check them out...

04-Aug-11
I'm not seeing a link. I'm running bowsite mobile on my phone. Would that cause the link not to show up?

04-Aug-11
www.hunthardcore.com

Thanks!

04-Aug-11
Welcome to the site hunter...

04-Aug-11
I have the Kanab pants and I am very impressed. The knees are articulated, the fit is great and the brown color is great for anything from around town to climbing a mountain.

I wear a 36x32 normally and the XL pants fit great.

I would not hesitate to get some...great product.

04-Aug-11
That's a pretty good endorsement. I've been eyeing the attack pants, but i might reconsider given that bowsite discount :)

How do the Kanab pants compare with the Kuiu attack pants, Aaron?

04-Aug-11
The Kanab pants are a little lighter than the Attack, but the Attack will block the wind better. I would say the Attack are going to be more durable long term. As far as water resistant... the Attack are far better in that regard.

The fit of each pant is great, so you will be a winner either way. I will report back as I get more time in the Kanab.

another thing I should mention... The brown color on the Kanab matches the Vias pretty well, so if you missed the boat on the Attacks, the K's are a great option.

05-Aug-11
The Kanab come in brown as well as Max-1, ASAT, and Infinity. They are made of merino wool and not synthetic materials. They are super light weight, and are equally at home chasing antelope because of the breathability, as chasing elk.

05-Aug-11
Anybody applied a dwr to wool pants to improved water sheding ability?

05-Aug-11
Dan , just looked at the Kanabs on the first lite site.

Do they have leg zippers of are the black tabs bellow the knee lebels?

Thanks.

05-Aug-11
Just ordered a pair. Will post a review after I receive them.

05-Aug-11
I was going to order them until the elk reaper posted that he normally wears a 36x32 and the XL fits perfect. According to the sizing chart I also wear an XL only my normal size is 38x34 and I clearly can't possibly wear an XXL.

05-Aug-11
If your 38x34 the waist line will fit fine (stretchy waist band), but you will be pushing the length.

I just had my buddy try them on for you (34 inseam) and they look fine when standing, but if he sits down or kneels, they do ride a little high.

Hope that helps, but the waist line be be fine.

05-Aug-11
I actually do not know, other than maybe a place for a gaitor tie up. No zippers on the bottom, however the do have a cinch up for the ankle.

05-Aug-11
Where do I find the sizing chart for the first lite?

05-Aug-11
Jeff, if you go to www.hunthardcore.com, the sizing chart is pictured. Scroll through the pictures! Thanks, and remember to sign up.

05-Aug-11
That didn't make sense. Go to the product you are interested in, and scroll through the pictures.

05-Aug-11
I just got to ask, Where does the name Kanab come from? I live in Kanab Ut and the Indian word Kanab has nothing to do with pants. LOL. And Ya Im thinkin of trying them.

05-Aug-11
Kanab is an area in southern Utah with great bucks.

05-Aug-11
"Kanab is an area in southern Utah with great bucks" That is a fact. Great name.

06-Aug-11
Kenton, are you at the outdoor retailers show? I am here as well. Call me as I don't think I have your new #.

Also, can you answer Andy's question about that metal button? We haven't had a chance to talk about the new pants. Am I right about it being for gaitors?

06-Aug-11
I think that button is there so you can roll ur pant legs up for water crossings

06-Aug-11
Dan, I got home last night. i wish i would of known you were down there. There was some great stuff. I picked up a klymate sleeping pad that knocked 1/2 lb off my over night set up. Aron recommended the marmot plasma bag which was also super nice. Sorry, back on track here. The button is to roll your pants up for either hot days or crossing long marshy areas. The pants were designed to be super breathable, durable, dry quickly and resist burrs. Merino is surprisingly good at cutting the wind but not as good as fabric with a membrane or ultra tight weave. The down side to using a membrane or ultra tight weave is lack of breathability. We are super focused on temperature regulation and merino works the best for this. Once it starts raining its time to break out the rain layers and slow down because even the most breathable rain gear is going to feel like a glad bag if you are going at too hard of a pace. I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews in the pants. Thanks-Kenton

06-Aug-11
Yeah, yeah, yeah Aron....

But will it make my butt look fat?????

Heheheh.... I want some reviews too. These could well be my next pair of hunting pants. I'm curious as to how well they hold up to snags and thorns and such.

06-Aug-11
Just picked up some First Lite from ASAT. Been wearing Sitka for years (specifically the Sitka in ASAT, which only ran for one year). I have since wore out my Sitka stuff and have been eying the First Lite. I am heading up on a Stone Sheep hunt in three weeks, will give you the report because northern BC can fluctuate in temps and weather very quickly. Excited to break it in.

06-Aug-11
Shoot kenton missed ya! Trevore is the big winner didn't think about roll up. I am picking up a bootline and some more dehydrated food lines. Sorry misseed you and thanks for answering that question!

08-Aug-11
Could someone give some real world sizing info on these pants. I've looked at the sizing chart, but I've worn enough camo to know everything fits different. I usually wear around a 34x34 or 36x34. How long are the inseams on the large and XL? Is it a roomy fit or tight?

Pants look great just trying to figure out which size to get and if the inseam length will work for us taller folk. Thanks

08-Aug-11
Hey outdoordan, What kind of discount do us bowsite guys get? Really thinking of getting some

08-Aug-11
I wear 36x34 jeans

I purchased the XL and they just fit... The waist is a 36-37 at best.

Length appears to close to 32 inseam maybe a tad shorter.

I would have liked for the waist to be a tad bigger and inseam longer.

very nice pant!

08-Aug-11
rodney482 was this the Gila pants or the Kanab?

08-Aug-11
It was the Kanab.... The gila fit about 3 sizes smaller than what they are labled.

I kanab is much closer to correct size but IMO still a tad bit small...

Most XL pants will fit a 38" waist and these will not..

If you wear a 38..you better go XXL

08-Aug-11
Thanks for the info. The website says inseam runs 32#-35# on XL so I figured I better ask.

08-Aug-11
The inseam on my XL Kanabs measure 32.25

09-Aug-11
Chucknduck, sent you PM. Anyone looking for the discount code for first lite, please send me a PM. Thanks!

10-Aug-11
I wear 32-30 jeans. They are a bit tight but 34-30s are too loose.

I was barely able to fit in medium Gila's. I got a pair of medium Kanabs and they were too small in the waist and hips.

First Lite is shipping me a pair of large Kanabs

10-Aug-11
Even on the Kanabs I recommend everyone go 1 size bigger than you think you need.

10-Aug-11

The only pant that didn't seem to make spec's is the Medium which has a waist size up to 31.5". The others seem to fit well, but if you are on the upper side of the chart, you might as well size up. For instance if you are a on the upper edge of a 36" waist, size up.

10-Aug-11
There is no way an XL will fit anyone with a a 38 or 39" waist... lucky to fit a 37.

I wear a 36 and the XL just barley fit...I would not need to wear a belt...that is for sure.

10-Aug-11
I will talk with Kenton and see what he says. I have had a few guys try them on in the store, but can't remember what size they were. Spoke to Kenton and he says that the other sizes were fitting fine. I will check with him today, or maybe he can answer that better. I am a 33" waist and fit the Large good.

10-Aug-11
Kenton you need to consider a tall version of this stuff. the XXL isn't going to work for someone at the high end of the XL size range.

10-Aug-11
I would like to see the XL with an inseam of 34.

On another note....the Kababs are awesome pants!!!

Love the blend of ripstop and Merino...

Job well done!

12-Aug-11
Outdoordan.... Made the switch from ASAT Sitka to ASAT First Lite this summer. I will only wear ASAT and I finally wore my Sitka ASAT out (had 14 pieces of it). I am going to be hitting it hard this fall with a Stone's Sheep hunt, Moose, Mule Deer, and Whitetail....and a ton of guiding. When this fall is done I will give you my perspective on it, and I anticipate it will be all thumbs up. Been wearing it scouting here in BC and it is comfortable and seems to even out the temps quite well. I look forward to putting it thru the rigors of British Columbia. Great product.

12-Aug-11
Awesome Jeff! Let us know how it goes and I hope you have an excellent hunt season!

14-Aug-11
Just received the XL Kanab pant and tried it on. I'm a solid 36 x 32 in pretty much any pant and the XL was precious close to being too small. When in doubt order up. Waist and inseam are good but I have a thick ass and thighs (100% muscle of course, think Eric Heiden) and the XL is slightly tight but will work. Probably could not put a thick underlayer beneath them without some bind.

Good britches though, well made and look perfect for September bowhunting.

• Sitka Gear