Canuck 01-Jan-12
Canuck 01-Jan-12
LAWDOG 04-Jan-12
jhansen851819 04-Jan-12
Elktrax 25-May-15
ELKMAN 28-May-15
deerman406 30-May-15
30-Dec-11
Is is necessary to immediately repace the strings on a new Hoyt bow with custom rigging or do you find that the factory Fuse components are acceptable now a days.

30-Dec-11
I've been told that the new Fuse strings are better than the old ones of a couple years ago(I didn't have a problem with the old ones)so I would shoot away.

30-Dec-11
I have had real good luck with mine. I used to replace my Mathews strings with Winners Choice. When I switched back to a Hoyt I left the Fuse string on and have been very pleased.

30-Dec-11
Whatever came on my 2011 element looks like it went through a war. I have been using Scorpion venom as a wax. A little disappointed.

30-Dec-11
The Fuse that came with my Maxxis 31 stretched a lot during the break-in period, enough that my draw length felt about 1/2" too long. I replaced it with a Korbins string and it has been great.

30-Dec-11
I've heard there getting better. I still replace mine even before I shoot the first arrow. I don't want to have any issues when I'm hunting period. I keep the factory ones for back-up.

30-Dec-11
" I still replace mine even before I shoot the first arrow. I don't want to have any issues when I'm hunting period. I keep the factory ones for back-up."

+1 Bowboy

30-Dec-11
The newer ones are much better, I normally replace the string right a way but mine has been on for a year and a half with a few thousand shots through it and it looks great with no stretch since break in.

30-Dec-11
No stretch and no issues for me. The string looks brand new after 2 Years. I dont even have to use a peep sight with tubing!

31-Dec-11
The stock strings that i got 3 years ago were terrible. I planned on getting new strings off the bat this year for my new bow. But after shooting a bit with my new vector turbo i may not change the strings out just yet. They seem much better quality, and dont have any twist or stretch like the fuse strings on my AM32 had.

Although once i get these stock strings set in i will order another set and put them on. Mainly because i like to have an extra set for those cases when something happens during hunting season.

31-Dec-11
Hi Bou, I just ordered a new Hoyt Vector 32, love the new cams! My bow shop (bought every bow there since I started 24 years ago) recommends me immediately replacing string with a Winner's Choice. I have never used Winner's Choice, BUT I expressed a desire to get away from the damn rubber tubing for my peep sight. They said, the best way was to use Winner's Choice. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but can any of you guys weigh in a bit, not only about Fuse strings BUT any other options to eliminate the rubber tubing? Thanks in advance, Canuck

31-Dec-11
The string on my crx 32 has been just fine, thousands of shots on it since I bought it July 1st and even dry fired it in august (oops), no tubing for the peep either. The string did stretch a bit at first, it's 85lb draw weight 500 gr arrow.

31-Dec-11
I've bought 4 new Hoyt bows the last 6 or 7 years and just kept the original strings on the bows. I've never had an issue with the Fuse strings including the CRX 35 that I bought last July.

31-Dec-11
I'm un-boxing my first new Hoyt (Vector 32) as we speak. I've shot Mathews for years, but Helim, C-mon Man! Thanks for the string info'. My ? for you Hoyt techs. What's a good measurement for a centershot starting point? Thanks, Gregg

31-Dec-11
My string lasted a year, I bought a replacement string to have on hand when I bought the bow to have on hand.

31-Dec-11
I persoanlly wouldn't trust the stock cabling from most manufactureres, Hoyt included.

And its creep, not stretch.

31-Dec-11
Any first Hand recent bad experiences vs. JJust concern over what may be an issue? It is consistently noted that the Fuse products have been improved over the past few years. The question is have they done enough? Thanks for the feedback

31-Dec-11
Well Canuck like u I want4ed to get rid of that pesky rubber, noise making, tubing. I went with custom made strings from our archery shop and I ahvae had great success. Set the meta peep and after a 100 or so shots sllight adjustment and then presto no more problems and a LOT QUIETER bow.

31-Dec-11
We had two new Hoyt target bows in league last winter. Both guys had me set up the new bows, but left the stock strings on. Two months later, both were out of tune. I ordered Vaportrails for each and when I took the stock strings off and measured, each was more than 3/8" longer than when new. The cables were worse, but one cable more than the other, resulting in cam synch problems with each.

It's been a whole year now, and both sets of Vaportrails are still exactly the same as new. If I just ordered a new Hoyt, I would order a set of strings at the same time.

31-Dec-11
x-man, are we talking strings AND cables, or just strings? Thanks in advance, Canuck

31-Dec-11
Both. Sorry for that. I lump them together by saying "strings" far too often.

31-Dec-11
I will say though that when I did have to change my string out it was kind of freaky. I always wax and check my string and bow over before and after shooting. Well the last day I shot the bow with the factory string when I started shooting the string had fuzz but looked good, when I was done it had completely fraed one strand and half of another above the peep.

Changed it out that night with a complete set of cables and string that night. I kept the cables and purchased a cheap string (zebra was all the local shop had for a on hand) for a spare.

So in the end I was glad I had a new set already and didn't have to wait for one to come in.

01-Jan-12
I tend to try to steal a few shots on stock strings but ultimately end up buying custom strings pretty darn quick. I am like x-man...I have shot many of the custom strings from some great builders and I end up back at Vaportrail. You can't beat their quality and you will have them at your doorstep quicker than any other builder I know of.

01-Jan-12
My dealer told me that the reason he promotes Winners Choice is that they twist the various individual strands in opposite directions, thereby eliminating the twist. I have shot a new Hoyt every two years for the last 15 years. I find that their strings and cables stretch, twist, whatever and it usually takes about a month of shooting and periodic retuning, to finalize things. No problem as I am a tuning fanatic. I just don't seem to be able to get by without rubber tubing for my peep. So, Bou, my input is that they may be a bit better, but my Maxxis still took a few hundred shots to stabilize. I plan on breaking in the new Vector with the factory string then replacing it with the WC. Will keep you posted.

01-Jan-12
Re JGG above who wondered about center shot. I use a laser device that you mount in to the holes in your rise that you mount your sights on. It then can swing completely around, vertically. You move it in or out to perfectly put it in line with your string. Then, you move your arrow rest in our out to match the laser. The beauty of it is, is that you can run it down the whole arrow, because you want to get the very tip of the arrow in line with the string. Once that is done, I just have to Broadhead tune and as long as I have chosen the correct arrow spine, there is very little windage adjustment needed. Note that the laser does nothing for elevation/nocking loop position, but that's the easiest part of tuning for me anyway. It's the left right that can be a challenge. You won't believe how many people I have helped with this device. Problem is convincing them that if you have to move your rest huge amounts away from center shot, you have other problems, i.e. wrong spine, some contact issue, etc. Bottom line for me is getting exact same flight out of Broadheads and field points. When you have that, and not many of the guys I meet in deer camp do, you have a well tuned bow.

04-Jan-12
I just purchased and set up a Vector 32 using the stock strings and cables. I haven't had any issues with Fuse strings and cables. Usually, I shoot them a bit and replace them. I keep the Fuse for back up. I'm not getting any peep rotation, so I plan on shooting the stock strings and cables through the 3d season. However, I do plan on replacing them well before hunting season starts in the fall. I just feel more comfortable with the strings and cables of my choice.

04-Jan-12
I bought my 2009 powerhawk and shot it for about a year before the creep got to where I couldn't handle it. The year included approximately 150 shots per week. Never could keep a peep aligned and used a tube exclusively. All my issues were solved w/ the wc set.

25-May-15
old thread but I just want to say.. I have My 2011 hoyt crx32 with #3 fuel cams 65lbs. custom Limbs W/stock Fuse string to this date May 25th 2015.. and my peep and shots are dead on.. I am going to replace before this years elk hunt.. but 4 years and little stretch,,, Great string for me... May think Im nuts for going that long. But I wax and take care of it and its still going...

28-May-15
Hoyt/Fuse are making the some of the best factory strings and cables now a days, and they are using the latest state of the art brand name materials. (BCY-X) So I would say shoot them until they are worn out then get Winners.

30-May-15
The one on my Carbon Matrix was garbage. It stretched and stretched and stretched. I replaced mine after a couple months. I hear the newer ones are better. Mine was 2012. Shawn

• Sitka Gear