PeroteHunter 30-Jan-12
gahuntnut 30-Jan-12
Reflex 30-Jan-12
tech1 30-Jan-12
Nick Muche 30-Jan-12
gahuntnut 30-Jan-12
Reflex 30-Jan-12
29-Jan-12
I just got a new Hoyt CRX 35 bow and was thinking of upgrading to a new stabilizer. On my old bow, I used a Sims S-coil, but would like something that might help me shoot better groups at longer ranges while still cutting out any vibration that might be present. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to various stabilizer brands, so any advice would be appreciated.

29-Jan-12
Get a stabilizer that does what one should do. A B Stinger is a great start.

29-Jan-12
24" B Stinger with a 12" back bar.

29-Jan-12
Basically you want something that has the majority of the weight out at the end of the stabilizer. B Stinger and the Doinker Dish are popular.

I use a Octane with two end weights.

29-Jan-12
I would think that a 24" stabilizer would be great for target shooting, but might cause some issues while hunting. I was thinking of something around 6 inches, but maybe I need to reconsider.

29-Jan-12
If you want somthing for hunting to help hold steady i would go with a 10" B-stinger or somthing similar, if you go much shorter it isnt going to do much to stabalize.

29-Jan-12
the longer the better short is a waste of money

29-Jan-12
It's a little tough to switch sides of a tree you're next to as a Bull walks by at 15 yards but other than that, I haven't had any other issues.

29-Jan-12
vallium is a good stabilizer, not as good as percocet though. steady as she goes..........

30-Jan-12
Without a doubt...B-Stinger

30-Jan-12
I'm in the no stabilizer camp.

Is it really going to help you on one shot? Or is it an $80 piece of equipment that the marketing got to you....grin?

30-Jan-12
"Is it really going to help you on one shot?"

Actually, that one shot is all I care about. When that one shot is for all the marbles, I want to put that shot exactly where it needs to go. There is no argument that a stabilizer that actually stabilizes will increase the odds of doing so.

30-Jan-12
I'm a big fan of none.

30-Jan-12
B Stinger

30-Jan-12
Stokerized EV1, not too heavy and yes will stabilize and dampen sound a bit.

30-Jan-12
I've been looking at the B-stingers and the Stokerized stabilizers. There are a lot of different weight options. What would a good weight option be for a 10" stabilizer? The stokerized seem a bit lighter than the B-stingers.

30-Jan-12
I like the Stokerized SS1's adjustability and optional weights. What I don't like is once its mounted how is one to put it in there bow case?

30-Jan-12
14 ounce 12" B Stinger Pro Hunter has served me well for hunting and for 3D shoots. The other guys I have turned onto them out here say they can really see a difference in their shooting. I can as well.

Most people throw on a fancy looking stabilizer that does nothing in terms of ACTUAL stabilization.... They may do something for vibration dampening or just look cool... B-Stingers and Doinkers actually stabilize. Try one out, I am sure you will like it and I am sure you will see a difference.

30-Jan-12
i might be willing to part with a 14oz 8.5" Bstinger in APG camo.

30-Jan-12
Sent you a PM gahuntnut

• Sitka Gear