SDHNTR 07-Feb-12
Matt 07-Feb-12
bigbull 07-Feb-12
Arizona.archer 07-Feb-12
Arizona.archer 07-Feb-12
nv goat 07-Feb-12
azdogman 10-Feb-12
06-Feb-12
Anybody here have any references on Vaquero Outfitters in Arizona? Its Chad Smith. I think they hunt near Seligman.

07-Feb-12
Among the best. Great choice.

07-Feb-12
SDHunter can you tell me anything more? I have a lot of points to invest in a hunt

07-Feb-12
They are very good. They know what they are doing and where to go.

07-Feb-12
Does the name Randy Ulmer mean anything to you? That's who he uses. Vaquero has a long standing history of solid performance and a good reputation for a reason. I have not used them but if I were to cash in my points and hire a guide, they would be tops on the list.

07-Feb-12
Does Ulmer use them on public or private? That would be worth understanding, as he could be using them more for their private land access in 10 than anything.

A friend hunted with them in 10 many moons ago on a wicked bad drought year. The elk were not calling or doing their normal thing for that time of year and the guides he and his friend had didn't have a lot of options (or confidence in options) to hunt elk other ways.

I don't intend my comments to be negatives, just things you should consider when asking questions.

07-Feb-12
They are very good. They know what they are doing and where to go.

07-Feb-12
ulmer is actually hunting in the multi unit, vaquero has access to a big chunk of private land within the unit.

07-Feb-12
to answer the op, they are great outfitters and will put you in the elk.

07-Feb-12
Hunted with Vaquero outfitters 2011 unit 10. Killed a monster bull hunting with guide Lee Murphy. Lots of big bulls. I will use them again when I draw Az strip deer. Send me a PM with your contact info and I will be glad to talk with you.

10-Feb-12
You will be in good hands from what I know.

• Sitka Gear