General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
bghunter 09-Apr-12
JERSEY BOB 09-Apr-12
txhunter58 09-Apr-12
ARO2 09-Apr-12
bghunter 10-Apr-12
09-Apr-12
US Airways has doubled their fees on antlers as checked baggage. The cost is now 200 dollars and you are limited to one set of antlers per passenger.

There are also size restrictiosn based on the size of the plane from 50" length plus width plus height to 120".

They will also not let you craddle or combine antlers together in a cooler or other item.

For more info check out the hunting report.

Looks like it is getting harder and harder to not only travel as airlines are cutting flight options. Now trying to get animals back is not going to be easy either.

09-Apr-12
Just dont tell the bastards.

Central Mountain Air in Ab. tried that a few years ago--"sorry, no game can be loaded on the plane"....so we drove into town, to the "post office" which looked remarkably like a McDonalds, reshuffled our bags, and checked our bear hides for the trip back to Edmonton.

09-Apr-12
But hides are much easier to "hide" than antlers

09-Apr-12
I dont get it. If you pack your antlers in a box, that is under the normal luggage size requirements, what's the difference? Why would they charge you more then a regular piece of luggage.

10-Apr-12
That is a very good question. My guess is to either make more money or to screw hunters. Either way I think it stinks.

• Sitka Gear