TREESTANDWOLF 29-Apr-12
bucman 30-Apr-12
jerseyjohn 30-Apr-12
bucman 01-May-12
crankn101 01-May-12
Hollywood 01-May-12
Drnaln 01-May-12
27-Apr-12
Guys. First of all I love bowhunting, bowsite and my friends here. I hope you know that and to Pat, if this is out of line please remove and I aplogize.

I joined GSCO in 2009. I paid the fee each month for the raffle. I think those I know me on here would be hard pressed to find one negative post. But,I am so mad Im shaking right now.

All I did was call and POLITELY cancel the other day after the letter, and to be honest, I had thought about it anyway with new life happenings.

I had no mention of anything related to this 'letter' to Sheep slammers. The direction they were going I didnt like, so I bowed out graciously-its their club, thats their choice.

I got a missed called from Super Slam today while at my office wile Im seeing patients.

Then I get an email that read:

Hi Eyad,

I know you were really pissed off (for what reason is uncertain since you’re from Iowa and not Utah) about the letter we sent to the expired Utah Grand Slammers. I also realize you proclaimed “dropping your membership” on the really popular website “bowsite” (I think they are now up to about 10 or maybe even 12 people now). Anyway, I have your file here and was wondering if you would like for me to mail it back to you? That would be much cheaper than for me than to have to maintain it here in my office. By the way, my interpreter in Iraq for 15 months, while I was fighting in 2003 and 2004, last name was Yehyawi. I wonder if there is any kinship??? Best regards, Seth

First I was upset as I didnt understand the "qoutes" beside bowsite etc and then WHY bring up my heritage and the war? I am born and raised in Iowa so still I thought let me just call and see whats up, this was a little to passive-aggressive.

Still, it was weird so I called and asked WHY would you send that? I simply posted that I canceled my membership on bowsite?

He played around it for awhile and within 5 minutes told me to "f$%cking" calm down and that I was and I quote

"A Dumb Ass"

I am a bit hurt by it all as I told him I only joined to be in touch with more guys like myself, who loved bowhunting and travel. Its bowhunting-not family or life.

I really enjoyed it. But then the letter was sent and for me, it didnt fit in what I thought was right, so I left.

No name calling. No emails. No bad press.

But....when you call me those things and send me an email like that. I don't appreciate it.

I love bowsite, my friends are here, and I am sad to say this may be my first negative post, but you guys need to see that and hear it.

I have never been talked to like that AT ANY STAGE in my life. When I said "Are you losing memberships fast, it that why your upset?"

He said, "Well...WHAT DO YOU THINK?"

It could have been a great thing. If $ is tight, cut half the free hunts out or do something else.

Again, maybe I am wrong to post this but I am so upset and so in shock at that call, and being called those names AT MY OFFICE, between two grown men, I didnt know what else to do.

But there's the email and this is what GSCO seems to be, and I am saddened and upset at the same time.

If Mr. Campbell wants to call ands offer an apology, I understand, after all, it was his son who I talked to.

27-Apr-12
Wow, I don't even know what to say to that. It's amazing that people in this day and age still think it's acceptable to treat other folks that way. A nice e-mail thanking you for your past patronage and inquiring if there was anything they could do to get you back certainly would have had a better effect. Incredible. Nice job being the better man Hawkeye.

27-Apr-12
All I can say is WOW! With the attitude and lack of professionalism in the response you received, I cannot believe they have any members. I would hope that this is just the feelings of a single disgruntled representative of GSCO, and not the "official company line", but either way it is still bad!

I think it was good of you to post this. I don't know Pat personally, but I would think that he would not take too kindly to the way his hard-earned company/website is being portrayed by at least this person.

27-Apr-12
Brotsky once again hitting the nail on the head IMO.

27-Apr-12
If I didn't know Eyad, I'd be hard pressed to believe this is real. Unbelievable.

27-Apr-12
Brotsky +1

Burning bridges as you retreat isn't a bad plan in battle. Against an enemy.

Kinda sucks as a business plan. Stupid. Might even be a dumbazz business plan you might say. These people were/are/could be again members.... possibly seen as customers..... certainly not the enemy.

I'd guess all 10 or 12 folks on the bowsite among others are having some impact on the castle....

27-Apr-12
I am at a loss for words. I was always brought up that even if you didnt agree with someone, you should treat them as you would want to be treated. I am not a member of GSCO, but I have my sights set on the Super 10 and after that, who knows. After what has been posted on here recently, i cant see myself joining anytime soon. A real shame.

27-Apr-12
Holy smokes Eyad! I am utterly amazed. I am not a member but have thought of joining in the past. I certainly would not ever consider it now, and if I were a member I would be on the horn immediately lambasting them for such a lack of professionalism. And now they are knocking on Bowsite? They couldn't possibly know what kind of hornet's nest they just kicked. So dumb!

Appaling really. Anyone who knows Eyad knows he is a very even keel and levelheaded dude. That guy on the other end of the line was lucky you are such a nice guy. I think I would be on the next plane to Alabama with my a$$ kicking boots on if I had been treated that way.

We all know you are a positive and upbeat fella. DO NOT apologize for posting this here. You are not being negative, only informative. As hunters we need to know this.

I sense a sinking ship here. Too bad GSCO, you did it to yourselves.

Does Tom Miranda know about this? I'd be interested to hear his response. I have respect for the man and am curious to hear what he would have to say.

27-Apr-12
Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. Feel bad about the whole deal and honestly left graciously, no mention of letter at all. Then got this email out of the blue.

I hadnt sent a thing or called.

I to have the utmost respect for Tom and would think he would think it was wrong.

I am not so upset now as just down about the whole deal but what a shame and my manager read the eamil and he isnt even a hunter but said,

"That might be the worst marketing move in history."

Long Live Bowsite :)

27-Apr-12
Eyad

Should be your right to cancel and stop sending them $100 per month for the raffles.

This is dissapointing to say the least. GSCO does a lot of good things. While I may not agree with everything they do, but if they do more good than harm then I would still support them. I told Dennis that if I ever finish my grand slam then I would go to the next convention. My plan was and I enjoy the chance to hang around with some other like minded bowhunters. Hearing that Eyad was treated this way and sure wouldn't attend is upsetting. They were very generous in partnering with the newly formed SCI Bowhunting Chapter.

Perhaps you just caught Seth on a bad day. I have always found them decent to deal with.

TD - "I'd guess all 10 or 12 folks on the bowsite among others are having some impact on the castle...." Your comment probably has more weight than you know. If 10 or 12 folks are writing about it and you know it then there might be 10 - 20 times as many people who are acting the same way.

Tom Miranda is a great spokesman for all bowhunters. He might feel the same way that Seth was just having a bad day.

I know on another thread that Gunslinger was going to speak with them and give the lowdown on what he thought was happening. Not sure if he posted anything.

Am hope that GSCO can smooth things over. Everyone knows that in the customer service business, one upset client can do a lot of damage as they share their negavite experience.

Hope that Eyad gets a call, and hand shake and a big "I'm sorry" Everyone one of us has made a mistake. Its those that step up and make amends, that are welcome at my campfire.

27-Apr-12
Well said Thomas. I am all for forgiving but just like I said, am more hurt by the email and little 'slams' than anything.

Again, it may be a great organization for some, but it just wasnt for me anymore, especially not now.

I honestly never slammed them on the first thread, but at the same time, I do believe in true colors coming out and the conversation was less than polite or professional. With the letter, email and then the email I just couldnt look at it in the same light.

Showed the email to others and they just said, "Wow"

Again, one man doesnt make an organization, and while they lost me, maybe it will help them get better PR people.

The MOST UPSET patients I still treat with class and respect.

The email stated why I cared what happened to Utah Slammers.

I care because it is the "writing on the wall" and I have always been a man of principle, but again, just me.

27-Apr-12
Eyad

Have read numerous posts of yours over the years and always polite and professional. It is a shame the way they treated you, and to do it while you were at your place of business too.

27-Apr-12
I believe everybody deserves a second chance and life is to short to hate. Here is a response I just got from Seth. While I have no plans of rejoining, I accept the apology and am moving on.

I dont wish bad luck on anybody, and hope they (GSCO) get things straightened out and back on track for hunters and wildlife alike.

We need all the help we can get.

Dear Eyad,

I have had time to sit here and think about our conversation. All I can say is, “I am truly sorry”. I really meant no malice by my email, but after reading it a few times I can see how it could have been misinterpreted. I had a dear friend in Iraq whom I simply called “Mo”, but his name was Muhammed Yehyawi. Mo was my interpreter and “right hand man” for almost 15 months. Unfortunately and sadly, Mo was killed just before my tour was over.

By profession I am a Pharmacist and then the Army sent me to George Washington University and I graduated with a B.S. in Laboratory Sciences. The Army then sent me to University of Nebraska where I graduated as a Physician’s Assistant. I practiced medicine for several years until the offer came from my father to help him here with GSCO. The money was right, plus I got a chance to do something I love. I am still licensed as a Pharmacist and a PA, but I plan to work here at GSCO until the day that I die. I can promise you that our organization is thriving and this new Super Slam program has “hit the ball out of the park”. We’re not going anywhere and we are not going bankrupt by any means.

I will sincerely ask you to please forgive me for talking so inappropriately to you earlier today. I talk to hunters all day, every day, and I should have given you much more respect and consideration than I did. I wish you much success and hope you continue to thrive as a bowhunter.

My best regards,

Seth

27-Apr-12
I can appreciate you guys wanting to give GSCO the benefit of the doubt,but can you specify what evidence you have of the actual conservation work done/$$$ spent by GSCO?

27-Apr-12
Eyad:

Sorry man but I am going to have to cancel my kidney removal surgery for tomorrow. Your hands are still shaking. We'll reschedule, just don't feel so bad that you hire the wrong PA to be in the operating room when he is out on the streets, post collapse.

27-Apr-12
Btw, it appears as if only one more registered Bowsiter of the 10-15, remains to post on this thread!

27-Apr-12
Sounds like you acted with class and good judgment

I quit being a member several years ago, as we had our first baby, and it was just a yearly expense that I decided I could do without. I was a lot more concerned with the excalating medical bills, and GSCO was one of the things that got cut, along with magazine subscriptions and lots of other unnecessary-to-life things. Luxuries, if you will. Heck I quit fishing cold turkey for 2 years(that one really hurt)

I didn't really have anything against GSCO, although the whole "Grand Slam" debacle with Wild Sheep.org offended me on several levels. I remained a member because I thought GSCO still did some good, especially with international sheep, and they were good about reporting on Mongolia and Tajikistan sheep hunting developments

But hearing this story from you, has convinced me that never again will I be a member. I had planned to become a member again at some point. But I will not now

I also agree with SDHNTR. . . you're not being negative. You reported an experience. An experience that is important to hunters in general. I wonder how he would react if a non-hunter/fence-sitter called and asked tough questions about his organization. . . would he call them names and hurt our cause? Or would he act graciously?

I appreciate the fact that you have brought this to the attention of the bowsite crowd

Camping world recently found out what a few internet postings can do to their PR. Maybe GSCO will have to learn a tough lesson

Bake

27-Apr-12
:) HA HA

27-Apr-12
Took too long to post my response. I missed the apology portion when I responded.

Bake

27-Apr-12
Bake, great post and I hear you. Sometimes lessons are tough to learn and great great point on if a non-hunter called etc. Live and learn, Lord knows Ive been there.

BTW-my "Ha ha"My response was for Steve H. and must have been typing as you posted :)

27-Apr-12
I'm number 15!!!

27-Apr-12
mm:

You might wanna clarify that you are Bowsite Member #15 to post here and not "Pseudo Pslam" member #15, lol.

27-Apr-12
Eyad, I am late to the game here but I can tell by your grammar that the adrenaline was flowing when you first posted:). Bad day or not that is no way to handle a customer choosing not to continue a membership. Who knows, you may have been back next year. I recently cancelled my Huntinfool membership. Partially because of the shake up and partly because I just don't enjoy it that much anymore. A very polite young lady called me to ask if I would like to come back, offered me a knife set and two extra tickets in the annual drawing. I declined but will most likely pick them up in the future. Much more professional.

I tend to run on the sarcastic side, but I would bet one of your old Matthews bows that Seth found out who you were from his father, saw the Bowsite post and then retracted?

Forget about it an go turkey hunting!

Rick M

27-Apr-12
I am not surprised at all. Ask BPM how he was treated by GSCO executives at the GSCO show in Reno.

27-Apr-12
I was actually contemplating joinging GSCO just prior to the first thread....Not anymore.

Eyad...I would've been raging mad after that first email. You handled it well.

27-Apr-12
Sounds like an unfortunate situation. It is nice to see he apologized and nice to see you accept. The world has enough rage and hate as it is, no need to add to it.

27-Apr-12
Good to know they are thriving and the "super slam thing is hitting the ball out of the park." now that is a claim to fame.

it must be a pretty small park because with an orgnaizational approach like they are demonstrating they won't be hitting it far for long.

honestly the guy should stick to dispensing drugs instead of PR because he's not fit to represent any organization that deals with the public or membership with a sense of decorum as demonstrated.

PS - Apology is irrelevant.............clearly motivated by the fact he realized the story would be available to anyone in the world with an internet connection............a feeble attempt at damage contol and nothing more.

27-Apr-12
Also, it's great to be giving people second chances.........it was the second chance, the call after the email, that he said "f$%cking" calm down and that you were "A Dumb Ass" "

So I guess you really believe in giving someone a third chance!

Heck, give him one more, a fourth chance, and you could call it a Grand Slam of Chances, but you'd probably get sued for using the term.

27-Apr-12
Dammit, Bou'bound!

Now I've got figure how to get the red wine off of my keyboard! ;^)

27-Apr-12
+1 NV :).

That was pretty funny, classic Bou!

27-Apr-12
Eyad, When I first joined Bowsite I thought I would benefit from the information that it made available to me.

In reality i benefited most from the people I've come to know on this site. You epitomize the good people on this site.

The way you handled this situation was admirable. Likewise, your representation for Bowsite.

That said, I believe GSCO is indeed out of control. I personally was very dismayed with their actions regarding the FNAWS law suit. Secondly, I cannot understand how an organization can entice hunters , who have successfully killed all four sub species of North American sheep, to join their organization.......and then kick them out of their club if they don't pay a certain additional fee. And thirdly, and maybe most importantly, they degrade a fellow sheep hunter when he respectfully declines to continue his membership.

I've seen enough. Seths correspondence with you is more reflective of something the Antis would deliver.....let alone a fellow sheep hunter. Words cut deep. And though,I appreciate his apology , he can't take back what he wrote and spoke. I'm sure he is sorry he said them.....for lots of reasons. See you on the mountain.

27-Apr-12
Bou'bound is showing no mercy :)--well I agree with every word he stated--I am not a member but was considering it after attending the Reno show--Eyad was talked to in a unprofessional manner---a sad misfortune that will have some effect on the GSCO--the control damage letter was appreciated but---I am a team player and if one member of the team is affected by some incident then it affects all players--Eyad is a great guy n didnt deserve that----that' my take

27-Apr-12
Eyad, you're a bigger man than me. I could never get over being treated like that. Had he apologized after the email - yes - but after the phone conversation I would have been ready to drive down to Dixie for some face time with the prick.

I agree with Bou - feeble attempt at damage control.

27-Apr-12
I think GSCO has "jumped the shark".

28-Apr-12
All those guys from Utah have multiple wives and can afford to pay up to keep the GS number.

Good luck, Robb

28-Apr-12
Ascots are required!

28-Apr-12
Woody.... it all goes south when a "non-profit" starts paying "administrative compensation" and increased "operation expenses". From that point on it becomes more and more about the money.

"Administrators" parking new cars in new homes and parties get more and more high end. All for a "non-profit" organization? Huh.

Example? From the GSCO themselves above...

"The money was right," and "this new Super Slam program has “hit the ball out of the park”."

Very telling as to where the priorities are....

28-Apr-12
LOL!

"I think GSCO has "jumped the shark". "

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

28-Apr-12
People nowadays need to feel "elite".

As hunters we need to stay true to ourselves. By and large ,we are as a group, lovers of the land and of the animals that share that land with us.

We then try as a group to preserve that what we love via an organization like FNAWS. Raise some money and do some preservation. There's organizations for elk, muleys, turkeys,ducks,trout......just about everything. But, sheep live high on the mountain. Their range is limited and that limits their population. They epitomize what many of us feel is the ultimate trophy. They live in the most wild places and often require the most effort to hunt.

Here's the rub! Sheep are expensive to hunt. Because the demand outweighs the supply. They attract the wealthy. And one of the byproducts of all that money is Elitism.

Let me stress that I am not bashing wealthy hunters. A true hunter is a hunter ,no matter how much money he earns.

But, sometimes wealthy people hunt and they own everything but a hunters heart. It's a two edged sword. We take their needed donations at the conventions and then they take over the organization and push us out and call us a dumb ass.

28-Apr-12
Hollywood,

Don, when I was a very young boy a very long time ago, my mother told me, "Always do the right thing. You probably won't think it matters and that nobody will notice. But the people who matter will notice and in the long run, your efforts will be rewarded."

I think what's being demonstrated without question with the posts on this thread and the 'GSCO Extortion' thread. These posts are great proof how right my mother was. Little by little over the past five plus years, people have noticed the differences in the wild sheep organizations and my mother's wisdom has proven to be right by an overwhelming margin.

Doing the right thing matters!

29-Apr-12
One wonders if that apology would have happened if this thread hadn't? Color me not impressed.

29-Apr-12
Wow Eyad, I'm way, way late. No sense in repeating what most guys said here, I can't even try. I just want to add, glad you are who you are and stay that way. Honesty is the best policy, even if it pisses people off. And those people should think before they speak or write. Keyboard Cowboys!

30-Apr-12
I am astonished that a business person would send an email like that. But, I had a similar experience with Mr. Cambell during the lawsuit with WSF. I sent a very respectful email just stating I thought it was only the sheep that would end up losing, regardless of how the lawsuit ended. I stated I did not think the monetary part of the lawsuit was reasonable. Mr. Cambell sent me a reply. In the reply I was called an extremist, uninformed, and he made a couple references that made me think he was calling me uneducated. I read and re-read my email to GS. It wasn't rude or derogatory, and it did not say anything bad about GS except I thought the lawsuit was wrong. The elitist and snobbish response I received really caught me off guard. I almost posted the emails here for all to see, but I decided against it because I was still very new to Bowsite. Eyad's experience appears to be in order with the way GS treats anyone that does not jump on board and buy into everything they do.

30-Apr-12
This club does not impress me at all. Would enjoy reading the letter bucman. JJ

01-May-12
it's on my old computer. I'll try to retrieve it, but that computer is very quirky. (quirky = messed up). The fact that I may not be able to retrieve it weighed on me when I posted yesterday. But with Eyad's experience, I decided I would mention it. The response was no where near as offensive as the email at the top of this, but it was inconsiderate and had the air of a personal attack on me for my opinions. (I definitely remember him calling me an extremist though) Just to be fair, I also emailed the WSF regarding the lawsuit. Their response was very generic, but respectful. I was not a member of either organization, but the emails persuaded me to join WSF.

01-May-12
Never heard of them.

01-May-12
just in case you didn't get it:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jump%20the%20shark

01-May-12
I got my renewal letter yesterday stating I better hurry up & renew before the dues went up! Took the time to call & had them look up my info while I was on the phone!I then politely told them to save the postage because I would NEVER renew again & then told them why! David

• Sitka Gear