neverdull 17-May-12
Florida Mike 17-May-12
sbschindler 17-May-12
Katahdin 17-May-12
Florida Mike 17-May-12
TD 17-May-12
Les Welch 22-May-12
15-May-12
Are beavers legal to shoot with a bowfishing rig? do you have to have a hunting license, which i do, in Kansas. there are 4 in a pond i bowfish and was wondering what special tags or permits are required or if you can shoot them with a fishing arrow.

16-May-12
up in manitoba we need a trappers license for furbearers, but i believe it is illegal to shoot beavers while swimming not sure what your regulations would be i have wanted to shoot one with a bowfishing set up too but they are tough critters and think things could turn pretty ugly.

16-May-12
Ask the game warden.

TBB

16-May-12
I did a quick online look at Kansas regs. It looks to me that the only legal way to take beaver is with trapping in the open season (winter). Dates probably vary a little year to year. There is likely a nuisance permit available. I think that the advise to ask the conservation officer is good.

16-May-12
In WV, there is a set trapping season. Have to have trapping license. Cannot shoot them with anything. Since they are a fur bearer , I suspect most states are similar.

16-May-12
Your aloud to shot them in Michigan with a nuisance permit. Get it from the DNR.

16-May-12
The modern beaver isn't much of a furbearer. And I think it's them that oughta have the trapping license sometimes.....

Either one could give you a serious beating too, if your tied to it....

16-May-12
Bill Brown is right on target and correct!

17-May-12
In Alaska you can only trap them. Shooting with a bow would land you in big trouble!

17-May-12
as far as i know here in kansas the only legal method of take for beaver is trapping. during fur havester season and you have to have a trapping license.

17-May-12
TD, hahahahahahahaha. I needed that buddy, I totally agree. Best post I've read in a week! Mike

17-May-12
if it were legal and you were going to shoot one while bowfishing DO NOT use your fish point, its not only unethical but it would be very dangerous to you. USE a sharp broadhead and try for a killing shot...

17-May-12
Beaver are nasty when down on their luck and could cause you some harm bringing them in a boat. While fish may flop around a beaver will attack.

17-May-12
I supose beavers can be nasty but they are prefectly safe when they are dead. Lots of people just shoot them around where I live. I have a neighbor that shoots them off his deck with a 7mm remington magnum. I can hear it when he's got them around his lake.

17-May-12
Well I'll admit some beavers can be nasty but they all clean up about the same. I do think it helps to shoot them with a broad head but I've never tried a narrow head so who knows. As far as bringing one on the boat that might not be a good idea as some captains are superstitious and don't allow beavers on there boat, so check first before inviting any beavers on board. I'm still not convinced messing with beavers is a good idea but some guys just can't resist the temptation, kinda like pokin a hornets nest with a stick, you know your gonna get stung eventually but you still poke it an run anyway. So I guess if your gonna poke a beaver just be forewarned to use your biggest broad head, make sure you aim carefully and be careful bringing them on the boat! Mike

17-May-12
Just like anything... you hit em in the right place and it's over in seconds...... heheheheh....

22-May-12
TD....I prove this to my wife....every few months..:) lol

• Sitka Gear