elkmtngear 12-Jul-12
elkmtngear 12-Jul-12
elkmtngear 14-Jul-12
10-Jul-12

elkmtngear's embedded Photo

elkmtngear's Link
Fellow Hunters,

For over two years, we have had requests from Hunters and Outfitters for a Moo Cow Decoy. Elk Mountain Gear is happy to announce the release of the SLIP System Moo Cow in the very near future.

It's just a cow, and it's been done before, but there are a few differences:

1. The only readily available stalking blind/decoy in a natural "feeding in" position, indicating no need for alarm by your desired quarry. Just "feed" your way in to a shootable position.

2. Superior Photo-Realism

3. Orange ear tag allows a measure of safety in gun seasons; easily fitted with a gun rest (included)

4. The only decoy on the market that quickly compacts into an adjustable, carbon fiber trekking pole

5. Can be fitted with mini-ball camera adaptor (included), for simultaneous stalking and filming

6. Lightweight and mobile. Stainless steel spike quickly pushes into the ground when set up as a stalking blind

This decoy/blind will have application for wildlife photography as well as hunting. It will be widely used for pronghorn, deer, elk, hogs, waterfowl, turkeys, African game, etc.

Please check our online store Tomorrow for the release of this Product (I'm tracking the shipment, should arrive Tomorrow). Our gear is discounted, and ships free right now.

I truly appreciate the support of Bowsite over the last couple years, and I hope you all have a great Season!

Best Wishes, Jeff (Bowsite Sponsor)

10-Jul-12
Jeff that really looks good!!! Where I hunt lopes in MT there's cows and that be deadly! Email sent

10-Jul-12
Jeff cant u make a shoot thru cow!!

10-Jul-12

elkmtngear's Link
Lous, I can easily give you instructions to modify it. It has a dual canopy, so you can bridge the flaps to make a shoot through window, and you would have to also make a hole in the slipcover.

I will try the modification and upload pics to this thread.

Best of Luck, Jeff

10-Jul-12
That is pretty cool looking!

Good luck, Robb

10-Jul-12

elkmtngear's Link
Thanks Robb, I appreciate it! I put a lot of hours into the design, the pic above is a pre-production sample, the final product will look even better.

Best of Luck, Jeff

11-Jul-12
JEFF,I think the moo cow will work, when hunting in the mountions, where they run cattle, I am going to goin to give a lot of thought, to moo cow and also timber elk.

12-Jul-12

elkmtngear's Link
Thanks Peter.

I was able to stalk in on 4 blacktails this Season during Turkey Season, using the Turkey flock decoy as a shield, moving in slowly, with my video camera on my shoulder.

When the lead doe would feed, I would advance. When she would raise her head, I would stop.

I started at about 150 yds, crossed a creek (filming the whole time), and got inside 25 yds on them. I couldn't believe how well it worked (it is near the end of this video)

I am certain the Moo Cow will be even more effective.

Best of Luck, Jeff

12-Jul-12

elkmtngear's Link
city hunter....this modification cost me $2.50, and I did it in my office with a pair of scissors.

First, I bought a 64 ounce bottle of gatorade. If you drink the gatorade, I would recommend you empty your bladder before you start.

12-Jul-12

elkmtngear's Link
I cut the center out of the bottle, so I was left with a "pulley" looking piece of plastic.

12-Jul-12

The plastic spacer fits nicely between the two flaps on the umbrella canopy (the two sections provide a measure of windproofing)

12-Jul-12

I marked out the back of the slipcover with a sharpie

12-Jul-12

I then removed the Slipcover, and cut out the hole with a pair of scissors

12-Jul-12

I then cut a small rectangularish hole on one edge of the spacer with the scissors (Next time I would probably just heat the scissors with a flame, and melt my way thru the plastic, it would look better and be much easier)

12-Jul-12

Then, I ran the strap that sits on the outside of the umbrella canopy thru the slit, and snapped it. This will keep the spacer upright when stalking and shooting.

12-Jul-12

Put the Slipcover on, stick the spacer in between the flaps, and Bingo, shoot thru SLIP System (rear view)

12-Jul-12

elkmtngear's Link
Front view. I used a generic camo Slip, but you could do it with any Slipcover Pattern.

The Moo Cow is black....so before you put the spacer in, the hole would not even be noticeable.

I did this in 15 minutes in my office. One improvement: I would paint the spacer flat black to eliminate shine/glare

I have never even used a peep sight, or any type of shoot thru aperture, and I was able to successfully shoot thru the opening into my 3D elk target using bare bow with fingers this evening.

Best of Luck, Jeff

14-Jul-12

elkmtngear's Link
city hunter:

Moo Cow with shoot-through spacer inserted, and removed.

You could use it either way. You can easily film through the hole as well.

Best of luck, Jeff

• Sitka Gear