aspen bulls 15-Sep-12
NY Bowman 17-Sep-12
Ramhunter 25-Sep-12
Treeline 25-Sep-12
city hunter 13-Oct-12
03-Sep-12

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo
On the 15th day of my 2012 sheep hunt in the Brooks Range I arrowed a 15 year old monarch of a Ram, I shot him at 17 yards with my old trusty Bighorn curve,

03-Sep-12

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo
On the 15th day of my 2012 sheep hunt in the Brooks Range I arrowed a 15 year old monarch of a Ram, I shot him at 17 yards with my old trusty Bighorn curve,

03-Sep-12
Great ram!! Share the story please.

03-Sep-12
You did great Troy!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

03-Sep-12
Very well done, congratulations.

03-Sep-12
AWESOME!!! Congrats!

03-Sep-12
OH come on!! Give us more then that!!

03-Sep-12
WOW with a recurve too congrats. Lets hear the full story and more pictures too.

03-Sep-12
that is a great, great ram, wow! My brother is currenly on a diy hunt in Idaho for a bighorn and I sure hope he sees one half this size. Truely a trophy of a life time and you did it with a recurve!!!! John

03-Sep-12

Outdoordan's Link
Great Ram! Excellent! 15 years old!

Bowsite sponsor

03-Sep-12
WOW, great ram!!!!

03-Sep-12
Great ram, can't wait to hear the story of the hunt.

03-Sep-12
Simply put... awesome.. and with an ole Bighorn.. Great job. Do you know which bowyer built that particular bow?

03-Sep-12
Huge accomplishment- congrats!

03-Sep-12
Great trophy! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

03-Sep-12
Fantastic! Would love to see more pictures. What are his measurements?

03-Sep-12
There are fewer greater accomplishments in the bowhunting world than a dall sheep with a stick bow - any ram, let alone a giant like that. Congrats.

03-Sep-12
That is awesome, great sheep, congrats

03-Sep-12

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo
A few more pics

03-Sep-12
Awesome. Can't wait to hear the story.

03-Sep-12

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo
another one

03-Sep-12
Thanks Woody, the ole 2 bladed Magnus did the trick again...

03-Sep-12
Not sure the bowyer, but all I have is the old style Bighorn bows with the curved limb platforms, ordered my first one in 1983 from Fred,

03-Sep-12
Yea, notice the blood stained fletching on the crooked one...

03-Sep-12

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo
The long side is 38 1/2" and the right side is broomed back 3 inches the size of my wrist

03-Sep-12
Congrats! Awesome ram!

03-Sep-12
Truly a dream animal. The mass is incredible. Congratulations!

03-Sep-12
Unbelievable sheep, and taken with a stick bow!!! Very well done!!!

03-Sep-12
Very well done! Congrats on a monster of a ram!

03-Sep-12
Beautiful. Truly a ram of a lifetime. Longbow unreal!!! Congrat's

03-Sep-12
What an absolute beauty!!! Congratulations grazak on a dream animal.

03-Sep-12
Congrats on the Monarch! What an awesome ram. You really have a good reason for an ear to ear smile !

03-Sep-12
ANOTHER one!?

Holy carp LOOK at that thing!

03-Sep-12
That dall's makes a lot RM bighorns look small!

Awesome!

Bill

03-Sep-12
Awesome congrats

04-Sep-12
Troy,

Congratulations!!!! That ram is a cranker!!!!! He really holds his mass, did you rough score him?

John

04-Sep-12
That is an amazing ram, love how his horns carry all that mass forward!

Congrats on sticking with it and getting a ram that dreams are made of, and to get him with a recurve is that much sweeter!

How big were his bases?

Rob

04-Sep-12
That is an amazing ram, love how his horns carry all that mass forward!

Congrats on sticking with it and getting a ram that dreams are made of, and to get him with a recurve is that much sweeter!

How big were his bases?

Rob

04-Sep-12
Wow, that's a beauty! Congratulations.

04-Sep-12
Outstanding! Beautiful Ram...

04-Sep-12
Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Jealous!

Bake

04-Sep-12
Troy, I was amazed yesterday when I got home and opened my Email with your photo's. Troy C. was at the house when I opened that Email so had to show it to him, Congrads on a assume Ram from both of us.

04-Sep-12
Wow!! Enjoy your success! C

04-Sep-12
Wow!....just....WOW!

04-Sep-12
Wow. That's just awesome.

04-Sep-12
Incredible, amazing and with a stickbow...WOW. I have the utmost respect for guys that "get it done" with Traditonal Equipment. I dabble with Long Bows and Recurves and think it takes someone/something special to shoot them well. Kudos to you on a great sheep and your ability to get it done with a Recurve.

04-Sep-12
Rock, Thanks so much for the congrats, all my Colorado friends have been a great inspiration for me and sheep hunting, as you all helped get it started with my Georgetown Bighorn, say hello to all, Troy C, Gary, Connie, Scott & Janet, Barry, D.Skiff, Marv, Mark T...what a group of 1st class Bowhunters to Know.

04-Sep-12
Troy!!! Hey brother great job!! Now THAT's the one you've been looking for.

I am so happy for you!!!!

So happy that I will actually CALL YOU!! ;)

We have some catching up to do!! todd

04-Sep-12
Dall Sheep: a "Thin Horned Species"....NOT THIS ONE !!!! Congrads ! Lucky Chuck

04-Sep-12
What's the necklace? todd

04-Sep-12
Awesome! What a beautiful animal and accomplishment! Congrats! Mike

04-Sep-12
15 Days now that is persistance! Congrats

05-Sep-12
Todd, the necklace is a beaded bear claw with buffalo rawhide strand that my Aunt gave me when my uncle passed away 4 years ago it was his from her she is alaskan native, I would always wait to hear about his hunts when I was very little, I promised her I would take him with me on all my adventures, I wore it when I got my last sheep, I wore it this time also, the last 2 years I carried in my camera case instead of wearing it, that will never happen again..

05-Sep-12
A very personal way to honor your uncle......and bring you good mojo as well! You are on a roll! 15 days on a sheep hunt is nearing an eternity.......congrats once again!

05-Sep-12
grazak, awesome, I have been wearing a claw from my last bear for the past couple of weeks. Heading out to Idaho Sunday... We have some catching up to do. :)

05-Sep-12
WoW !!!!! Congrats

05-Sep-12
Wow is all I have, Congrats on the huge sheep

05-Sep-12
Congrats on a huge ram! Beautiful pics! JJ

05-Sep-12

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo

05-Sep-12
wow. incredible ram. nice job

05-Sep-12
That is just a monster... John would be proud. :)

05-Sep-12
Do you have any frontal Pic's? Can't see the one you just added any larger.

05-Sep-12
Congrats I have a curved bed Bighorn bow as well. Could you give us a run down of how the hunt went. Stalk, shot...

11-Sep-12
I've finally have got caught up on work and can give a brief run down on my hunt, I hunted 15 days and 13 of those was pretty crappy weather, rain,wind, snow and then more rain, I found this ram on the 9th day of my hunt, My heart went racing when I put him in the spotter, I said that is the ram of my dreams, He had two young 1/2 curl rams with him but I thought they were in a spot i could put a stalk on them. I worked my way up to them and was in a good spot to intercept them while they fed toward there bedding area, well I was almost in shooting range (for me 35 yards max) when I got caught by one of the younger rams and they spooked and headed for the Top, My heart sank, I told myself I just buggered the biggest Ram I've ever seen, and he didn't get those horns for being stupid and Ill probably never see him again They went over the top and were gone, I kicked stones back to camp.

11-Sep-12

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo
I didn't sleep that well as all I could think of is the Black horned Ram (thats what i named him his horns were so dark in the rainy weather) I woke the next morning to snow sliding off my tent, an-zipped the door and everything was whit and foggy, Oh well wont be doing much hunting in this crap, I figured the snow would only last a few days, snowed and stayed mostly white for 3 days before it turned to rain and melted off, I did try and get out but was worthless try...

11-Sep-12
After the snow melted off the rain came hard and it was real windy, I knew arrows wouldn't fly well in this stuff, so i hung out mostly around camp and waited and hoped for better visibility and weather, On the evening 14th day the weather settled down and I got out did some glassing and spotted two sheep high up in the rocks, it was too late to go up and check them out, I was starting to mentally and physically wear down, it was a long time and the weather was taking its tow on me, but i wanted one more try to find the Black horned ram...

11-Sep-12
Congrats! That is an outstanding ram. Could it be near world record class??

11-Sep-12
Day 15, laying in my tent that morning I made a quick cup of coffee, plan was hike to top of mountain and try and find the two sheep spotted evening before, half way thru my cup of coffee I hear a rifle shot down the canyon!..My heart sank again..! I just knew a rifle hunter may have shot the black horned ram, I hurried put my boots on and climbed to the top to take a look..Found the two sheep up in the rocks and they just bedded, could see one was a 1/2 curl and could see the others horns all the way but they looked light in color., sat on them most of the day till they got up and fed, no black horned ram, another 3/4 golden horned ram. As I worked my way around the top I spotted a lone sheep on the next mountain, put the spotter on him and Bingo...Black horned ram, and he was by himself! I stayed high and made it over to the mountain and was some 400 yards above him, had a good south wind so i dropped off to the north side and made my way down to his level, This is where things always gets tricky because i dont have a exact location on him and I dont want him to bust me before i see him, to baby steps easy over the horizon looking below me and above me trying to get a location, finally caught a glimpse of white about 75 yards above me, eased back and moved up a little, the Ram still feeding in a small wash area with his head down, I started closing the gap and just told myself if i could just make that rock, I would get there and just get to the next one, of course moving ever so slow and watching the top of the rams back, made it thru a couple stare downs as he would look around every so often, finally made it to where i knew i was going to get a shot aprox. 27 yards, I just needed him to turn a little more broadside, I waited heart pounding and tension on the string, The Ram all of a sudden started walking toward me slight uphill, at 17 yards I knew i could not wait any longer for a broadside shot he was going to bust me anytime, I slowly drew my bow picked my spot and released. The arrow zipped thru him so fast as he ran by me and over the ridge, I could see blood coming from his left front chest and as he ran away from me I could see he was bleeding out his rightside ham, the arrow penetrated the entire length of his body from left to right at a slight upward angle...I was shaking with excitement I think I just taken the black horned ram...

11-Sep-12

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo
I eased over the ridge just in time to see him go down, he died out of the rocks and on a nice little tundra shale bench, I was on top of the world..!!!!

11-Sep-12
Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment! Mike

11-Sep-12
Congrats to you on a fine accomplishment! I imagine that may push the current archery record? The Brooks Range is a beautiful place and I look forward to going back again next year. Do you make it up there annually?

11-Sep-12
AWESOME

11-Sep-12
Big ups! Congrats!

11-Sep-12
Unbelievable ram. Many Congrats!

11-Sep-12
There's wow, and then there's this ram with a recurve. AWESOME! Great story....sounds like you earned him.

11-Sep-12
What a gorgeous animal.... Congratulations!!

11-Sep-12
Absolutely incredible animal and hunt!!!!

12-Sep-12
Troy, Thanks for taking the time to give the details of the hunt. Way to tough it out and I'm sure am glad you didn't have to look over a ridge to see him taken by a rifle.

12-Sep-12
A million congrats........awesome!

13-Sep-12
That is the animal of a lifetime, congratulations!!!!! Hard not to be humbled by an animal and country that beautiful, god is good!!!!!

13-Sep-12
What a sweet trophy! And you did it with Trad gear, noting better. Big congrats.

13-Sep-12
Tony, outstanding, thanks for sharing.

13-Sep-12
Congrats on a great hunt and story. Absolutely awesome animal and traditional to boot!! Awesome!!

13-Sep-12
Sweet!! Congrats

14-Sep-12
Hey Troy, is that the same bow you used here in Colorado to take your Big Horn sheep? Congrats on a great ram. Enjoyed the time we spent together on the mountain and was great seeing you here in Denver at the PY banquet.

Paul Navarre

14-Sep-12
Paul, Thanks for the congrats, and thanks for helping me on my Colorado hunt, the time on the Mt. really helped me, No this Bow is one like the one I used there, that one had a limb bust shortly after that hunt,(Woody do you remember..? Ha!)anyway hope to run into again someday...

15-Sep-12
Congrats that's quite an accomplishment!

15-Sep-12
Wow!

Very special animal and hunt. Great story.

Congratulations!

Lot of mental toughness on that one. That is one beautiful ram.

Wow!

15-Sep-12
Incredible! What an awesome ram and awesome hunt! Way to stick it out mentally and physically!

17-Sep-12
Congratulations! Way to make the most of your opportunity!

25-Sep-12
Great job Tony. I remember being on the Denver P&Y panel and scoring your other ram. Have you put a preliminary tape to this rascal? What did you come up with?

Todd

25-Sep-12
Congratulations! That is a very special ram! Way to stick it out and make it happen.

13-Oct-12
Troy way to go another fine sheep with the bow for you !! Hard work pays in big ways ! 15 years old wow awesome.

• Sitka Gear