Jimbob 17-Oct-12
Lon M 17-Oct-12
Lon M 17-Oct-12
Preacher Man 18-Oct-12
Jack Harris 18-Oct-12
16-Oct-12

KS Flatlander's embedded Photo
KS Flatlander's embedded Photo
Is anyone else using this broadhead for deer?

I recently shot a buck using this head and had an excellent blood trail and extreme tissue damage.

Please do not let this turn into a discussion as to how much they cost or other heads have the same results for less $$. I am just curious as to how others find the accuracy and performance of this broadhead!

16-Oct-12
Are they difficult to get to fly.....I can get fixed heads to fly but these things are WIDE! That can be both good and bad.

16-Oct-12

16-Oct-12

KS Flatlander's Link
I bought these directly from Germany. There are a lot of stories and rumors about them selling out (which might be true) and that the current heads are made in China etc, etc. It appears these are the ones marketed in the States.

If you read the entire website they explain the original designer of the GK heads is back in the business to a point, however a Mr. Kuhn now manufactures and sells these heads. They are very professional and follow up with emails etc. I have followed up and purchased a few items and they have about a 7 day delivery.

They are large, however as far as accuracy they are better than I am!

16-Oct-12
I shoot them some. They do fly well. A bit noisy, but extremely effective. I also have some of the original XLs. They are being made again in Germany by the former owners friend. The nock off Silver Flames are made in China and sold by Alaska Bowhunting Supply. He owns the name. That's why the new German ones are called German Kinetics.

16-Oct-12
Awesome looking head, I would love to try them some day. Also the "Hunor" brand looks very similar and worth a try...

16-Oct-12

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Anyone try these? I'm sure some of our African hunters have.... Doubt many Whitetailers have... For sure they would work on any North American big game.

17-Oct-12
I have shot the Original GK since they came out... THEY ARE NASTY... IMO the best head out there... :)

17-Oct-12
Ive been using the XLs since before the "silverflame" name was sold, awesome heads, and believe it or not, they fly better than most heads. Balanced perfectly. My favorite though is the custom "DS" silverflame head, 1 7/8" cut

17-Oct-12
Custom DS???? Deep Six??

17-Oct-12
Where are the hunor heads made?

17-Oct-12

Lon M's Link
Naw, the DS is the initials of the fellow who paid for 300 packs of custom built heads from Marcus, I got my hands on a few packs.

17-Oct-12

slim's embedded Photo
slim's embedded Photo
that the closest thing in todays tech. that resembles an original indian arrow head

17-Oct-12
Used to use them, always on North American game, loved them. Glad to see you can get them again. Will be making a purchase for next year. Fly great by the way.

17-Oct-12

Lon M's embedded Photo
Lon M's embedded Photo

17-Oct-12
Flat out look awesome. If i had the coin i would use them for deer. Not for moose though but man I might even think about it.

17-Oct-12

17-Oct-12

Lon M's embedded Photo
Lon M's embedded Photo
opps dbl post, pic of wound from 1 7/8" head

18-Oct-12
My goodness, that looks like a rifle's exit wound.

18-Oct-12
that is about the coolest pic I ever seen... I want that with EVERY shot...(we all do). Doesn't ruin meat and probably never knew what hit it... Short recovery, no need for trail, no suffering... Thats what it's all about right ther... Holy sh#t

• Sitka Gear