Willieboat 20-Feb-13
rebelcat 20-Feb-13
Bowfreak 21-Feb-13
Rick M 21-Feb-13
LBshooter 21-Feb-13
t-roy 21-Feb-13
ki-ke out 21-Feb-13
19-Feb-13
My wife and I were watching the Dropped, Project Yukon TV show tonight. When the brothers started philosophizing about questions they asked themselves regarding being in the bush for 3 weeks, Lisa asked me if I did that when I was alone on Kodiak for several weeks this past fall. I told her, no, I don’t engage in the drama involved in the hunts these guys tackle. I sleep, eat and hunt, that’s about it. Of course, I was by myself on Kodiak Island for nearly 3 weeks, so I didn’t have the chance to philosophy with anyone else.

What a joke these guys are as bowhunters.

19-Feb-13
LOL

Obviously there's a difference between hunting for the sake of hunting and hunting for the sake of TV.

19-Feb-13
Yep... thought the same thing. They sure do spend a lot of time in camp... Ed F

19-Feb-13
They gotta do that. During my moose hunt in 2011, we had six days of sitting all day, calling, paddling back to camp and all the action came in 30 minutes. If I would have made it a documentary, boy would if have been pretty boring!

19-Feb-13
let me try that again.. boy that would have been pretty boring... These personal interviews are so ridiculous...

19-Feb-13
After tonight's show I dropped it. Too much time talking about how they're running out of food. Can't buy it.

19-Feb-13
Yep, Alot of Whinning!

Hell I can get plenty of that without even turning the TV on. ;)

19-Feb-13
I wonder if the cameramen complain as much as these guys?

20-Feb-13
Havent seen any of it yet. Watched a few of the project alaska episodes. Thought that was pretty good.

20-Feb-13
I don't care what you guys say ! I like them and wish I could do What they are doing ,Yes it's a T.V. Show so what do you want them to do and say for an hour?

20-Feb-13
PS. It's better then so of the other sh**t shows on T.V. !

20-Feb-13
I don't know why they waste thier time carrying that bow all over the country if they aren't going to use it. It would be a much better show if they left the guns in camp ,and really hunted.

20-Feb-13
I bailed about 1/2 way thru the Dropped Alaska show....I haven't even tuned into Dropped Yukon....

The commercials for it have kept me away.

Good luck, Robb

20-Feb-13
OK, yes its very slow hunting time. But, I love photography and really like what the cameramen(man) do (does). The horse issues are real life (Chuck Adams hates them!). Of course they have to philosophize, add drama. Its what WE expect! Now even the damn weather channel is naming winter storms - give me a break....

I will still watch the show, enjoy the scenery and wish them good luck. It appears as though they aren't going to kill much more than time this series. On last night's show, even they complained that they have had little hunting time; between bad weather and moving camp, trying to spot game in that vast wild-ness.

I like it and will be faithful! :)

>>>>--------->

20-Feb-13
A TV hunting season requires 13 half hour shows which entails 13 different hunts. These guys are able to do an entire season (13 shows) on one three week hunt so they are smart business men. Chi-ching!!! The only way to make one hunt seem like 13 is to add the reality TV, drama, real or made up.

I can see how those that have never done an "adventure hunt" think its pretty good and can also see how those that have done these hunts look at it with a yawn.

I will say they are giving their sponsors great exposure and their video guys are top notch.

20-Feb-13
Well, I don’t like the drama. I thought it was supposed to be a bowhunting show. Since I shoot a Strother Bow, I'd like to see them hunt with theirs at least once each show. I tune in to watch bowhunting, not an episode of today’s mental, culinary, and equestrian camp issues.

When they did the Project Alaska thing, guys at the local archery shop here in Wasilla were pretty critical of them for their novice approach to the river and wilderness. I thought, “give them a break”, its probably their first float trip. Being dropped in the Brooks Range for a month could be pretty intimidating. But, come-on, this show has turned into something akin to housewives of Whitehouse, Yukon Territory.

20-Feb-13
Charlie has it correct, I think. If you've hunted like this, you easily see that the brothers are way over their heads on this trip. They came to the mountains woefully unprepared, both physically and mentally. The wining about everything, cursing every step because your floppy ass was having a hard time and you wrenched your knee and lounging in the tent cause its drizzling while theres animals outside that need hunted is hard to watch.

Yes, I wish I was there because I REALLY want to be there again. Because I enjoy every second, even when the country is kicking my a$$. I never get the sense that the brothers really want to be there. Change the characters, make sure they have a sense of humor and REAL hunting experience and that could be an enjoyable show.

Compare to Shockeys "The Professionals" when they hunted in Nepal. I could watch that every week for an hour.

20-Feb-13
OK you guys, if you want some excitement they are being dropped off this summer in Newark, NJ during a real hot week in July. They won't be sitting around and talking to much as they would be real easy targets for the locals:)

20-Feb-13
While I don't give a crap about there shows, they're actually pretty cool guys. I met them in Illinois last year.

20-Feb-13
I was excited for this season to kick off, but after watching 3 episodes I think I am done with it... They tote that bow around and in all the commericials they are seen carrying it, but when it comes down to it I just can't see them using it. If they had wanted to do this with a bow they should have brought along a 12 gague shotgun or pistol for protection and left the smoke poles and rifles at home. Just my 2 cents. Too much drama for me as well...

I bet they are cool guys and I'd love to talk with them someday, just don't care too much for the show...

20-Feb-13
Having been to the Yukon sheep hunting several times (both with a bow and a rifle) what they are representing seems a little unrealistic to me. They act like they are hunting unguided at least in this part of the hunt. They had a visible guide for the first part when they were sheep hunting. I doubt if they are packing up all the pannier boxes and tarps and throwing all the diamond hitches like they represent. It's no big deal to have a guide to take care of the horses, etc. How in the hell would you know the country without a guide? It's fun to watch but very dramatic it seems. I've never seen one of them with his bow in his hand it's always strapped to his back.

20-Feb-13
I liked the first series. This one seems forced to me and I stopped watching it.

Rick M

20-Feb-13
I have watched all what 6 episodes so far, and am wondering when they are going to hunt? Invested 6 hours and they have fired 1 shot from a rifle! Hell, I can make a show about getting skunked! I'll continue to watch but it sure seems like they are stretchin it out and whining allot, I have to wonder what the guides are sayin off camera

20-Feb-13
And it's back to camp for more coffee. We can't hunt again today cause we gotta have more coffee.

20-Feb-13
I have watch a few shows,I agree a bit over board on the drama.I can only dream about hunting there.Hopefully I wouldnt be pissin and moanin about the conditions,My butt would be hunting.You never know if you were ever going to get to come back again.Maybe they are heavy on the drama because thats all TV has become.

20-Feb-13
I will kiss every butt on this thread if they are truly ever going to run out of food. Worst case scenario they have enough horses not to starve to death. :)

20-Feb-13
I posted something and it most have been pulled. I like the show so what if you guys are going to pick it apart., at leased I get to see some land that I will never get to see! IMO all the so called HUnting Pros on T.V. Are jokes .I think they are killing this sport by putting a price tag on the games head. How many of you go on out of state hunts? And how do you feel about wasting your money.

20-Feb-13
Horse ain't bad LOL

20-Feb-13
You’re not wasting your own money if you've made the decision to spend it, its impossible. You may regret the decision to spend it subsequent to spending it, but at the time you spend it its certainly not wasted. Thats why freedom and capitalism are so great.

On the other hand, the government can waste your money by "investing" in things you don’t want like cell phones for unproductive people, green energy, wars, public education, endless regulation to protect us from ourselves, and the list goes on and on. Real waste only takes place when someone else gets to decide on how to spend your money, but if we decide to spend our own money on an out of state hunt, its not wasted money.

20-Feb-13
LOL about the government you got that right! But what I was saying is that all the T.V. Shows out there they get the good spots . I know it hannpen to me back in the 90's I don't have a lot of money to go blow on hunts . But when you get a film crew in camp what dose that tell you ? I know someone who was in camp with Lee &Tiffiny and what I found out about them I have no respect at all.

20-Feb-13
Yeah, I agree with you.

I've been around some of those low-life TV personalities myself.

If it makes you feel any better, I've personally dragged one such guy around Kodiak Island on a couple of hunts putting him through the weather wringer, up and down several thousand feet of hillsides, and he still hasn’t killed a Sitka Blacktail buck.

I guess he hooked up with the wrong guy, because he didn’t get a very good hunting spot out of the deal. I doubt if he'll want to come back, but if he does I'll remember this thread and do my best to sabotage his hunt again just because he's one of the low-life TV personalities. By the way, this guy is nowhere near as good a bow hunter as Tiffany. I'd treat her much better than I treat him.

20-Feb-13
I could use a little less drama and whinning and a little more action. Some people must like that or they wouldn't be doing it. I don't get lot's of time to hunt so I have been sick on hunts to the point of puking and still went out and tried to do something. Of course I'm tougher than woodpecker lips:)

I still watch it because I hope to go to Alaska or the Yukon someday and I want to pick up any knowledge I can. They seem like nice fellas.

20-Feb-13
I keep watching it... hoping they will kill something with their bow they keep lugging around. Ain't gonna happen... Ed F

20-Feb-13
It would be miserable to share camp for that long with them. My partner and I vowed to not behave that way for each other on our two week CO bivy trips each year. If the thoughts are there you suppress them out of respect for your partner. Things are what they are.

20-Feb-13
I watched the entire last season and I'll say, despite imperfect delivery, it was a good show and I looked forward to the episodes.

They lost me this season though. They changed the rules and I see that they're trying to demonstrate hardship, but it comes across as bitching, as some of it last season did.

They each need to lose 30 lbs.

20-Feb-13
X2 with Nick. They carry that bow around, but as soon as that grizzly bolted they were reaching for the gun. They put little thought in the stock regarding terrain and there approach. It's fine if they want to hunt with a rifle, just don't carry the bow around in case they get lucky. Lucky as in the first year and that bull that walked into camp. (slam dunk).

DJ

20-Feb-13
Those guys are a couple of the biggest pussies ive ever seen.

They should be dam happy they get the chance to go on a hunt like that.

My wife watched one episode and even she thought they were acouple of pussies !!

Rant over !

20-Feb-13
I enjoy the show to see the amazing country.I have watched the brothers for a few years and think they are good hunters but the estrogen level is a bit high! What is crazy is how they make like they are alone.They have 1 or 2 cameramen plus a wrangler and guide yet we see 1 tent plus they cook enough sheep meat or grayling for just themselves.If they run out of food,just visit one of the other tents. Fantastic video and camera work. I have hunted with packstrings and been on two filmed hunts and agree that its an adventure!

21-Feb-13
BTB,

I am pretty sure your "TV hunter" counts as a real bowhunter. :)

The trick with Tiffany would be to make sure that Lee gets carried off by a pack of wolves. Then you only have to worry about your wife feeding you to the wolves. :)

21-Feb-13
BTB, well said! I could spend 2 weeks on a hunt, never see and animal and could never consider it wasted money. I could second guess the guy who did the research on it "me" and rethink the way I planned but thats about it.

The guy who makes a living hunting in front of the camera has just a bit more pressure to get it done than I do since their livelyhood depends on it. I would not want to make my living hunting. It would take alot away from my hunts.

That said, I have definately "dropped" project Yukon:)

Rick M

21-Feb-13
Just watched an episode and they should rename the show,Outdoor cooks. Watched them cook meat a couple times and move camp, the editors really need to use different footage. They both are doing a really good job of getting their sponsors on the screen, buck knives, yeti coolers etc... if it weren't t for the beautiful scenery then it would really be hard to watch. They better come up with a better drop next time or it's over.

21-Feb-13
The camera guys sure do their jobs well. You hardly ever see the guides in any of the shots! Lots of whining going on. Sure is beautiful scenery, though. I'd have to agree with others on here about the bows sure do disappear fast.

21-Feb-13
I was wondering what the bows were for.

Backpack Bling?

• Sitka Gear