sbschindler 21-Feb-13
Nalgi 21-Feb-13
RonF 22-Feb-13
LH 23-Feb-13
Docstream 24-Feb-13
Docstream 24-Feb-13
Bowslinger 24-Feb-13
20-Feb-13
Some states passed las/rules years ago banning the use of any sort of "explosive" arrow. (Call it foresight.) Since the gizmo you reference operates by "explosion", it's already banned for hunting in those states.

20-Feb-13
AMEN!

20-Feb-13
This is the most ridiculous invention in the history of bowhunting. It is even more ridiculous than laser guided broadheads.

20-Feb-13
WHAT???? How stupid!! If you want to use a bow use a bow, if you want to use a firearm use a firearm, (in their proper seasons of course) but why, oh why, would you want to try to combine them?? DUMB!!

20-Feb-13
That is an insane idea.

38 and 357. ridiculous. those are not good calibers for game. what about 30-06, 300 win mag, or 270.

leave to someone to screw this thing up.

20-Feb-13
Looks like the same device they use for alligators and such...a bang stick basically.

20-Feb-13
Gives mechanical, new meaning. So easy to tune, flys just like a .300 win mag

20-Feb-13
Anyone have a link? I'd like to see how this is SUPPOSED to work. Sounds dangerous, and of course very dumb!

20-Feb-13
This is a gadget for geeks and action-hero wannabes who don't have a clue just how deadly an ordinary broadhead is.

20-Feb-13
I think MN has had the use of explosive heads in the regs ever since Rambo 2. They must've thought too many people would get the idea and come up with home brew exploding heads.

20-Feb-13
They make a conversion for a ruger 10/22 to shoot arrows using blanks.

20-Feb-13
arrows are meant to be silent If you want to hear a bang...hunt with a gun

Just another way to merchandise something stupid.

20-Feb-13
A Novelty!

20-Feb-13

Scotty's Link
I found a link

20-Feb-13
Rambo arrows?!

21-Feb-13

There is no barrel...bullets gain velocity through powder charge, barrel length and burn rate on the powder....there is no barrel....so there is very little force being applied to the bullet....but...

Even if you could contain the blast....I'm guessing that it is shooting around a 125-150 grain bullet.......your arrow is most likely beween 300 and 400 grains (with out the head)....every action has an equal and opposite reaction......just a thought, but how fast does the arrow go backwards when that thing goes off?

A .357 fired out of a two inch barrel (which this does not have) will generate between 400-500 ft lbs of energy.....the general rule of thumb for deer is 1000 ft lbs of energy. I doubt that this even generate 200 ft lbs with no barrel (about 20% of the recommended energy for a bullet kill on a deer)......my bow has damn near 100 ft lbs (about 250% of the recommended energy for an arrow kill on a deer)

I'm not saying that they can't kill big gam......I also wouldn't say that you couldn't kill an elk with a 30lb draw weight and a 24 inch draw length....if it all goes just right...you could kill an elk with this set up...but nobody would recommend it.

This bs set up has no where near the energy a bullet needs to be shooting big game...period... and anyone that would try is very uneducated on what is needed to harvest an animal quickly and efficiently..

I'll guarantee that any bh out there will be much more deadly than this joke....bullets and arrows kill in two entirely different ways.....an arrow out of a gun would still be deadly.....a bullet out of a bow...not so much. It's just going to wound animals...these should not be allowed for big game hunting...we have rules an bh cutting diameter and in some cases arrow weight....theses rules are to keep people that don't know what the he11 they are doing from doing something stupid.....we are going to need the same rules for these.....damn it...I hate rules....but this is just stupid.

21-Feb-13
Thanks for the link Scotty. Hard to tell much from just that short video. It would be interesting to see how the "firing pin" is engaged. Just a plain 'ol dumb gimmick.

21-Feb-13
I can't imagine how this would be legal during any archery or gun season in any state. Really a dumb idea.

21-Feb-13
sounds pretty fun though... ;-)

21-Feb-13
Just another tool for the slob hunter to use , which gives fuel to the tree huggers platform. Be careful guys and gals !!!

21-Feb-13
its been proven time and time again that bowhunters will buy anything to make it easier for them. look at where were at now.

21-Feb-13
I will return with an evaluation!

I couldn't resist, I had to order some!

22-Feb-13
Its already against the law in Kansas. Why would you think it isn't.

23-Feb-13
It is a wonder they don't outlaw them period there wouldn't be any ballistics on them.LH

24-Feb-13
Just saw the commercial. I think we can improve on it with some rocket-assisted flight and a guidance system. My friends at Rockwell will be all over this.

The other alternative to improving the bullet delivery would be to lengthen then the barrel and add some sort of mechanical triggering mechanism and the possibility of multiple shots along with increasing weight and getting rid of the arrow/bow and add a scope...voila! A gun.

24-Feb-13
Just saw the commercial. I think we can improve on it with some rocket-assisted flight and a guidance system. My friends at Rockwell will be all over this.

The other alternative to improving the bullet delivery would be to lengthen then the barrel and add some sort of mechanical triggering mechanism and the possibility of multiple shots along with increasing weight and getting rid of the arrow/bow and add a scope...voila! A gun.

24-Feb-13
No poisonous or explosive devices on tips of arrows can be used here in Maine. I just hope the people that are crazy enough to use them, their arrow don't deflect and go off and kill anybody or sombodys horse.

• Sitka Gear