Bowsite.com on Facebook
  • Deerbuilder Food Plot Website
  • Trail Cam Photos
  • Bowsite.com Elk Section
  • Mathews Solocam
Summit Treestands Mathews Solocam Carbon Express Arrows Moultrie Game Cameras Sitka Gear LaCrosee Footwear 3RiversArchery
Whitetail Deer Section Elk Section Black, Brown, & Polar Bear Section Moose Section Mule Deer Section Sheep Section Bowfishing Section Mountain Goat Section Pronghorn Section Mountain Lion Section Wild Turkey Section Caribou Section Hogs & Exotics Section Small Game Forum Africa Section Food Plots on DeerBuilder.com Bowhunting / Archery Equipment

North woods law

PRINTABLE VERSION

EMAIL TO A FRIEND

Messages posted to thread:
Matthewsman 22-Mar-13
JJJ 22-Mar-13
KJC 22-Mar-13
wilhille 22-Mar-13
Pete In Fairbanks 22-Mar-13
baetis6x 22-Mar-13
bowriter 22-Mar-13
Surfbow 22-Mar-13
Bill in MI 22-Mar-13
Kiteman 22-Mar-13
LKH 22-Mar-13
Bill in MI 23-Mar-13
thetruthhurts 23-Mar-13
namozine 23-Mar-13
Videos

Herters cv17
by Jakeemt

thoughts on shoulder pain
by TedOnDao

Mathews No Cam
by Pat Lefemine

Badger tries to climb up my ladder stand!
by Bowhuntress

Put Your Video Clip Here!

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the television show North Woods Law on animal planet

I enjoy it.

They seem to have the attitude that most sportsman are poachers. Not as bad as the d-bags on the Califonia show though.

From: wilhille (mobile)Sent from Mobile Phone Date: 22-Mar-13
I disagree that they think all hunters are poachers. I like the show and I am surprised how many hunting fishing and gun shows they have on animal planet. I like it

Like most wildlife enforcement folks, the officers on the show display a variety of attitudes.

Some see all hunters as "the enemy" and "potential violators."

Others are smarter, more tolerant and friendly.

In my experience as an LEO, I found that assuming all hunters were decent folks and innocent until they actually committed a violation, was a much more efficient use of my time/resources. Ironically, it also yielded better results!

Pete

From my experience some Wardens have attitude but some hunters do as well. I enjoy the show. They could show more successful hunter experiences to avoid being labeled in a negative way.

I personally am happy to see the Warden's out in the field often. Poacher's need to be caught and prosecuted.

Over all a good show.

Boring as listening to a political speech.

The wildlife troopers on Alaska State Troopers pretty cool, the North Woods guys are ok but I've only seen it once, and about 1/2 the CA guys are nuts that make all wardens look bad I think...

The commentary on baiting, deer drives, etc that are prohibited specifically in ME gets old since it's presented as unethical. Otherwise it's not a bad show.

I think some of it is staged and fake, just like other so-called reality shows.

ME isn't the only state where baiting is considered to be unethical.

Sure, and your point is?

I like the Warden's show on Outdoor Channel better, but they both beat the heck out of some of the other options. I do get tired of the fake drama they sometimes create.I understand that checking innocent fisherman for their license is probably not "must see TV" though without a little drama. You cant ever be too careful, I hear those guys carry fillet knives.

It's pretty good. They seem to be pretty fair. I can't STAND the show out of Ca. A couple of them seem to think they OWN every rock,bush, and animal in Northern California.They couldn't pay me to book a hunt there...

Reply to Thread

Subject: RE: North woods law

You are not registered - please click here to register now.

Copyright © 1996-2013 Bowsite.com
No duplication without expressed written consent of the author and Bowsite.com.

Privacy and Registration Policy