Clutch 22-Apr-14
Buffalo1 23-Apr-14
Bou'bound 23-Apr-14
Buffalo1 23-Apr-14
JTreeman 26-Apr-14
Rayzor 26-Apr-14
17-Feb-14

Buffalo1's Link
I returned from a bowhunt for plains game in Namibia with Agagia Hunting on August 12, 2013. Exactly 6 months to the day and almost to the hour of my return home I got a call from the import broker in New Orleans, La. stating that my crate of African trophies had cleared U.S. Customs. I immediately headed to New Orleans (approx. 200 mi.) and picked up my crate. The actual "picking up" of the crate took about 10 minutes (3 signatures, showing drivers license and loading crate). Following is a story told by photos of my crate arrival.

One the return trip home I called some of my buddies and they show up the next morning to help me remove my crate from my vehicle and we shared in the excitement of opening the box of goodies.

The trophies have not cleared the "Department of Displaying" yet, but that should occur in the next couple of days.

17-Feb-14

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
Love at first sight!

17-Feb-14

The casket inside of the hearse

17-Feb-14

Unloaded an waiting with anticipation

17-Feb-14

More anticipation

17-Feb-14
Confetti pic: Unnecessary

17-Feb-14

Something is in the crackerjack box

17-Feb-14

Thing are starting to appear

17-Feb-14

Bam !!!

Euro mounts, Warthog Snout Mounts, & Swishtails

17-Feb-14

And a blue wildebeest rug

17-Feb-14
Nice! Hunting from a blind over water/feed certainly allows a guy to use his rangefinder :)

Are you mounting them all?

17-Feb-14

Kicking the crate to the curb for the garbage service to pick up.

17-Feb-14
Everyone who walks into your place is going to ask about the warthog plaque. That thing is cool.

17-Feb-14
Nick,

Mounts will go on the walls. Rug location unknown at this time. Hope to get a black wildebeest next trip then put tails in a shadow box. Combination of red hartebeest, blue wildebeest & black wildebeest is considered the "Beast Slam." That is my next African to complete the Slam. I passed on black wildebeest last trip because I did not have shot at a record book animal.

17-Feb-14
Nice trophies.......

17-Feb-14
IdylwildArcher,

I drew what I wanted done with the warthogs on a piece of notebook paper and gave it to the outfitter to give to the taxidermist. The taxidermist read my drawing perfectly.

17-Feb-14
Nice! Always fun opening those crates!

18-Feb-14
Looks like a successful trip to Agagia. Had a blast there a few years ago. Glad to see things are going well for Teilman and Carin

18-Feb-14
Greg, Awesome Trophy's. fast turn around. Forrest

18-Feb-14
Nice! Excellent crating job by the taxidermist.

18-Feb-14
Enjoy! Thanks for posting the pics! C

18-Feb-14
Unreal turkey beards!

18-Feb-14
Congratulations Greg... nice haul!!!

18-Feb-14
Very nice collection!!! Well done.

18-Feb-14
Nice! Congrats.

19-Feb-14
Agagia has some fantastic hunting.Got gold medal gemsbok and blue wildebeest there.Plus a giant zebra which they don't score.For trophy size Agagia is the place to be.My buddy has gone 4x and mounts for other people who have gone and he never saw anything close to my blue or gemsbok in size Next time I go, it will be all euro mounts to save some $$$.I have to use another outfit though as I'm looking for some trophies that aren't available at Agagia.Anyone looking for an awesome bowhunt should be calling them

20-Feb-14

After a week of pondering and working on best interior design today was the "green light" day for putting some crate items on the wall.

The gemsbok was placed in a guest bedroom.

20-Feb-14

The blue wildebeest and red hartebeest were displayed in the sunroom along with other trophies.

20-Feb-14

Another view angle

20-Feb-14

The warthog snout board was placed in the living room over a 1/2 bear mount.

20-Feb-14
Awesome Greg! I still remember getting the e-mail pics of that Gemsbok while I was in RSA last summer, even the guys at Limcroma flipped out at the length of those horns! The Warthog snout mount is a great idea.

20-Feb-14
Nice way to preserve trophies

21-Feb-14
Looks great Greg!

22-Apr-14
How much did it cost to ship all your skulls back from Africa? I'm going down in July. Also can I ask how much it costs to tan the wildebeast hide, it looks super nice.

22-Apr-14
Very nice Greg, congrats! Mike

22-Apr-14
Very cool!

22-Apr-14
Looks like you know someone at the "Department of Displaying". Great job, I'm also curious on the cost to ship the skulls.

DJ

22-Apr-14
You can now rest easier, the journey has come full circle-- congrats

23-Apr-14
huntnfish808

Crate freight charge from Windhoek, Namibia to New Orleans, LA was $1,222.00 US. Crate included 3 Euro skulls, 1 warthog board (3 warthog snout mounts), 1 rug and 3 swishtails. Crate weighed 110 lbs. and dimensions were 43" x 31 x 25".

Import brokerage fee was $400.00. I have used the same brokerage company on 3 different occasions and have always received excellent, swift service.

From the day of departure from Namibia (the last day I saw my trophies in Africa) to the day my trophies arrived at my house was exactly 6 mos. African taxidermy workmanship is excellent.

I hope this info helps you in figuring your budget.

23-Apr-14
congrats on the beast slam that is a neat thing.

23-Apr-14
Bou'

I am one short of the "Beast Slam"- I need the black wildebeest to complete that slam.

I passed the opportunity this past hunt because I had questions in my mind about whether a black wildebeest bull I had in my sights was record book material.

Hopefully, I can complete the "Beast Slam" in a future adventure.

Appreciate the kind words.

26-Apr-14
Damn, I have a "beast slam" and didn't even know it!

Very nice Greg, always exciting opening those boxes! I just hate paying to get them all the way here! Last trip cost more to get my trophies one way, than to get myself round-trip! In fact it was close to double as I had crates coming from two countries. Won't do that again...

Congrats and looks really nice.

--Jim

26-Apr-14
Nice! I like Euro mounts. I have a pile of whitetails have been through our natural bug cage then cleaned u. In've ever seen a snout mount before. Looks good though.

• Sitka Gear