Baggr01 09-Apr-14
beckerbulldog 09-Apr-14
TD 09-Apr-14
TD 09-Apr-14
ohiohunter 10-Apr-14
ohiohunter 10-Apr-14
PAbowhunter1064 20-Apr-14
08-Apr-14
I like them. Tried them out on some feral hogs. No flight issues and no problems with broken blades. used the 125 grain head. The only problem I had was finding a quiver they would fit in.

08-Apr-14
I got some 125s to try for turkey this year. I haven't shot them at an animal yet, but they fly well out to 6o yards.

08-Apr-14

ColoradoHunter's embedded Photo
ColoradoHunter's embedded Photo
They have worked great for me. Best flying heads I've found. I agree finding a quiver that works can be a little tough.

08-Apr-14
Never used one personally, but have heard good things about them at the bowshop. Lots of blood & pretty tough !!

08-Apr-14
Got my first pass through on a bull elk with the 125's two years ago. I was hesitant as they look like an expandable head but they are not. Nice thing is they cut on the front and back side of the blades. Severe damage even if being pulled back out. Until I have a bad experience with them I will keep using them.Bob.

09-Apr-14
Used them last year in Africa. Flew great and left big holes. Shot 7 animals and had complete pass throughs on 5 of the 7. The other two hit the off-side shoulder joint and were stopped there. Kudu, 2 zebras, warthog, bushbuck, mountain reedbuck and a red lechwe. I'm a believer!

09-Apr-14
I also agree finding a quiver that works can be tough. Removing the heads from the quiver can cause one of the blades to move, and once the move the loosen up and have to be tightened again. they are razor sharp but the tips bend easily. I wont use them anymore. Not worth the trouble I had with them.

09-Apr-14
Check state regs... have only seen pics of them but they look to be a "barbed" head? Some states barbed heads are not legal.

09-Apr-14
Ahh I see on their site, the blades rotate forward. Interesting concept.

Let us know how they worked. Good luck on the hunt!

10-Apr-14
The idea behind the hinged blades is so it wouldn't be considered a barbed head. The blades look like exacto-knife blades which is probably why they fly so well.

The back sides being sharpened are to cut as the arrow comes out. Also the blades can be reversed and used for turkey. I like the overall design, but the actual tip still has something to be desired. Ramcat blades on a wasp boss ferrel would be mean.

The cutting diameter is wicked. Almost not enough clearance on the shelf of my bow.

They will eat up a target like nobody's business.

10-Apr-14
http://smokebroadheads.com/PhotoAlbums/elk/

Some good pictures here... I'm in there also

20-Apr-14
I won two packs of 125 grain Ramcats recently at an auction. I really loved the design, but they won't fit in my quiver. I really didn't care to modify or buy a new quiver, so I put them on Ebay. Anyone interested, check them out please...winning bidder gets two packs of Ramcats. Just curious though....what quiver/modification did you guys get to make these things fit?

• Sitka Gear