TurkeyBowMaster 15-Apr-14
ridgerunnerron 17-Apr-14
Bou'bound 17-Apr-14
phutch30 25-Apr-14
Bake 25-Apr-14
Bake 25-Apr-14
BC173 25-Apr-14
15-Apr-14
Hello there, new here to bowsite. I was directed here by a friend.

I am flying out day after tomorrow for a turkey trip that will start in Cali and end somewhere up in the Oregon/ Washington/ Idaho area. My main question is concerning Nevada, I was able to draw one of the nonres spring premits for unit 115 of white pines county. Curious if any of you guys with experience out west had any advice on the area. I've done some online research but would love someone with "hands on" experience. Any pointers on OR/ID/WA is also welcome!

Thanks for any help you can lend. I'll be hunting April 18-28.

15-Apr-14
Sorry. No experience west of the incomorehende mountains but sounds like a great trip...keep us posted.

17-Apr-14
I don't know if this is too late or of little help...not sure exactly where 115 of White Pines county is...but I possibility have a connection in Mason Valley if that would help you.

17-Apr-14
Any thoughts on the IQ of western Turkey versus the Mensa-like nearly unkillable southern subspecies?

25-Apr-14
Western birds are generally not as spooky but theyr still turkeys and some of them are as hard to kill as any eastern. But on average they are a little easier to call in and not quite as paraniod

25-Apr-14
You'll need a good map. If I remember correctly, 115 is largely Great Basin National Park, with no hunting.

I've hunted 114 for mulie, right north of 115. I didn't see any turkeys, but I was hunting high, above 9,000 feet, and wasn't really looking for turkeys

Again, if I remember right, there is some BLM and National forest land around the National park in 115, but again, you'll want a good map, as there are some private holdings as well, and you don't want to end up in the Park either

Bake

25-Apr-14
I should also mention. . . it's absolutely gorgeous country!!!!

Bake

25-Apr-14
No relation 'Bou. The Mensa like Southern sub- specie is relegated to Alabama. Further distribution of said sub-specie would be unethical and prove to be almost impossible to kill,even for the most accomplished of hunters!

I'm sure you knew this but evidently,it completely slipped from your memory!!!

• Sitka Gear